Well done in advance (1 Viewer)

Rusty Trombone

This is exactly what I mean! I got all the abuse in the world for wanting to take my little girl only last week as my £9 was contributing toward Sisu yet now we have a big day in London on the piss it's just a drop in the ocean and doesn't make a difference. To be clear, I would have no issue with people changing their stance on this if it weren't for that abuse and aggressive language some have used on this forum towards anyone who has either been to Sixfields, bought a shirt or said they hold ACL partly accountable for this mess.

So your issue is with people changing their stance. Which people that gave you abuse have changed their mind?

Whilst asking this question I do not try and defend any abuse you were given.

lewys33

Only last week, a thread entitled "2,800" sprawled pages of pages of illogical nonsense and bile about people going to Sixfields.

Its all I ever read when I come on here these days, I actually that kind of bickering would've died down by now.

I'm a huge believer in letting faceless names on the internet do what they want, go where they please and spend their free time as they will but surely you can see the funny side in the militancy of some fans on this board (if you think I'm going to trawl over old posts to find specific names and posts, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed) supporting NOPM (come on, we all remember the emotional rallying cries tugging at the very heart strings of this places readers) and then as soon as a plum tie comes up, its all "actually, yeah its just about not going to Sixfields after all)."

It amused me especially after some of the nonsense I've read and rebutted over the past 6 months with regards to the Sixfields move but as we all know,there is no one more fickle than a football fan so its hardly surprising.

Wonder if these same opinions and arguments were spouted when the Barnsley tie was announced? It should've been, who can turn down drinking in a leisure centre?

Yh I can see your point. Yesterday got a bit heated over nothing really. I think its just people put you in either the basket of NOPM or sixfields "scab" which is wrong because obviously everyone has personal circumstances/choices differing to others. When NOPM first started I would imagine most people were like "yh fuck sisu lets starve them out etc etc." People took the stance initially, because emotions were running high about the move. 6 months down the line, and with evidence that in the short term NOPM hasn't fully worked, opinions have changed. Nothing to do with Arsenal away I dont think (obviously you will get some who dont really care about CCFC who will go), because If people were still so hardcore NOPM why did nearly 3000 turn up at Barnsley? Michael even changed the name from NOPM to KCIC as it is better fitting.

I was initially fully NOPM, because I didnt understand fully. By that I mean I didnt understand the many ways SISU can actually get money off of us e.g. away cup games. When it became apparent that it is virtually impossible, I decided that although I supported the concept of NOPM I wasn't going to stop myself doing something I wanted to do on the basis of that. There is definitely confusion over the whole NOPM thing, so its probably best just to leave that as it is anyway. I went to Barnsley, and if I can get a ticket for Arsenal and am not working, I will go. Nothing to do with it being Arsenal (infact I would prefer several other london based clubs lower in the leagues), its just I havent had (and probably wont get) much chance to go to many away games this season for various reasons.

I used to be appalled that people would attend sixfields, I couldn't understand it. I never condoned the abuse though, that is awful. Someone I used to go games with was sponsoring a few games at sixfields (which didn't sit well with me, but when he explained I understood his choice) and he told me he was recieving a lot of abuse even death threats which is unacceptable! Now my opinion has changed and I don't mind if people want to go, it is their choice. At the end of the day we all get emotional because we care about CCFC! Whether opinions are different that needs to be remembered!

aviles

I have given in and i will now be attending games i am not missing the best football we have played in years anymore !

WillieStanley

So your issue is with people changing their stance. Which people that gave you abuse have changed their mind?

Whilst asking this question I do not try and defend any abuse you were given.

I'm not going to name and shame. I've already sunk to a certain level by creating and contributing towards this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread