Jeez! Can’t believe what we’re reading. Get rid of the manager after 9 games and then rubber stamp it with “he shouldn’t have been employed/given the job in the first place”.
I won’t pass judgement until he has had at least 2-3 transfer windows and gets his own additions in.
On paper and being realistic we have a top half squad which is underperforming,(forget about this top 6 deck cobblers) but unfortunately they all have a bottom 3 mentality.
I think sacking Robins was a costly mistake driven by unnecessary panic and pessemism. I think the same thing about Lampard now. We aren't as bad a side as people keep claiming, and far more time needs to be allowed in these situations.
I think sacking Robins was a costly mistake driven by unnecessary panic and pessemism. I think the same thing about Lampard now. We aren't as bad a side as people keep claiming, and far more time needs to be allowed in these situations.
With over half the season now played and just off the back of a very kind run of fixtures, it seems we are as bad a side as people claim. On technical ability alone it isn't, but if everyone needs to be supremely confident for that to manifest then it's meaningless.
How would you like us to critique our manager without discussing what he’s supposed to be better than? It’s such a bizarre demand. Even if no one mentions Robins he gets brought up by one side or the other.
I think sacking Robins was a costly mistake driven by unnecessary panic and pessemism. I think the same thing about Lampard now. We aren't as bad a side as people keep claiming, and far more time needs to be allowed in these situations.
I agree with this. I don’t want Lampard gone purely because it’s too soon and it would be costly, but not one part of me thinks he’s the right man, there’s just a nagging sense that “this is gonna go badly wrong”- and I desperately hope I’m mistaken.
My issue with Lampard is he’s never overachieved wherever he’s been he’s done about what you’d expect if not slightly worse. And he’s spent a lot to do that.
We aren’t a rich club, we need a manager who can get more than the sum of our parts and not just be a figurehead.
I agree with this. I don’t want Lampard gone purely because it’s too soon and it would be costly, but not one part of me thinks he’s the right man, there’s just a nagging sense that “this is gonna go badly wrong”- and I desperately hope I’m mistaken.