Wasps out (6 Viewers)

Brylowes

Just pull up a seat and watch, I’m convinced they’ll be gone within a year, they look every inch ‘a failing operation.
Twice failing to pay out on the bond scheme, lengthy recession just round the corner, flagging interest in the local community, desperately scratching around searching for outside investment .
Let’s be honest, for those who are still looking at investment opportunities at this point in time, Wasps look about as attractive a proposition as a……….massively indebted, locally hated, nomadic rugby club.

NortonSkyBlue

Sound like pompous load of tossers who don’t like swear words, totally out of touch with reality.
They don’t seem to have a great deal of passion for their club, or maybe aren’t able to vocalise it. Come across as a bunch of hooray henrys.
That’s one way of looking at it. From their perspective they have offered us a home and we are an ungrateful tenant.
I think that it’s about time we stopped looking at them as our enemy and I know this will be an unpopular suggestion and nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Wasps depart but we are going to inflict more damage on our club if we carry on this bile. We need a home in our City. If Wasps depart let it be their failure and be in a position to do what we failed to previously because of the very thing we could be guilty of now.
This could be an opportunity if handled carefully. All this talk of revenge is frankly childish In my opinion.

Nick

Administrator
That’s one way of looking at it. From their perspective they have offered us a home and we are an ungrateful tenant.
I think that it’s about time we stopped looking at them as our enemy and I know this will be an unpopular suggestion and nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Wasps depart but we are going to inflict more damage on our club if we carry on this bile. We need a home in our City. If Wasps depart let it be their failure and be in a position to do what we failed to previously because of the very thing we could be guilty of now.
This could be an opportunity if handled carefully. All this talk of revenge is frankly childish In my opinion.

I guess you are grateful for the pitch? Is Dale Evans running them?

Senior Vick from Alicante

Just pull up a seat and watch, I’m convinced they’ll be gone within a year, they look every inch ‘a failing operation.
Twice failing to pay out on the bond scheme, lengthy recession just round the corner, flagging interest in the local community, desperately scratching around searching for outside investment .
Let’s be honest, for those who are still looking at investment opportunities at this point in time, Wasps look about as attractive a proposition as a……….massively indebted, locally hated, nomadic rugby club.
Lots of unhappy bond holders on some of the finance forums. Some of the investors believe they are already insolvent, Wasps Holdings that is. They think they will be lucky to get 20p in the pound back for the bond if that's correct. In light of the in action of any substantial information forthcoming from Wasps investors are looking at what they can do from a legal perspective as they think the original bond should not have been issued as the valuation may have been over inflated, that's the reason HSBC won't refinance as they don't see the valuation of the asset. If you're interested the website is called uk.advfn.com

fatso

Your welcome to your opinion of course,
but personally I hope the parasitic cunts fucking die.

And as for the tossers who watch them, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their arseholes!

Nothing childish about that. 😙

robbiethemole

Lots of unhappy bond holders on some of the finance forums. Some of the investors believe they are already insolvent, Wasps Holdings that is. They think they will be lucky to get 20p in the pound back for the bond if that's correct. In light of the in action of any substantial information forthcoming from Wasps investors are looking at what they can do from a legal perspective as they think the original bond should not have been issued as the valuation may have been over inflated, that's the reason HSBC won't refinance as they don't see the valuation of the asset. If you're interested the website is called uk.advfn.com

iirc, they were told the value was only about £15m, didn't Fisher refuse to buy into it at that price?

They basically LIED (again) to the finance house to get the bonds issued and it's no surprise nobody wants to help them. Just like us ordinary folk, if you default on a repayment, your details are circulated in the financial world and makes it hard to get credit.
Most of their fans who call us deluded are exactly that and are watching the Wasps going down the pan without even realizing it, living in a world where they can 'always get money coming in' from central funding or wherever.
The clock is ticking and will soon stop, the sooner the better for me.

Last edited:

Grendel

iirc, they were told they value was only about £15m, didn't Fisher refuse to buy into it at that price?

They basically LIED (again) to the finance house to get the bonds issued and it's no surprise nobody wants to help them. Just like us ordinary folk, if you default on a repatment, your details are circulated in the financial world and makes it hard to get credit.
Most of their fans who call us deluded are exactly that and are watching the Wasps going down the pan without even realizing it, living in a world where they can 'always get money coming in' from central funding or wherever.
The clock is ticking and will soon stop, the sooner the better for me.

The lease was valued at over £60m - I mean you have just made a comment about lies and then used Tim Fisher as an example of someone who does not lie - of course they didn't lie to get bond listed

FFS

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I actually agree. Its not helpful and it stereotypes football fans as thick, brain dead imbeciles.
On the flip side the stereotype of Rugby fans being up their own arse toffs, bitter that the round ball game is infinitely better and more popular is being shown on their side.

hence why they revel in their current position of our land lords

Samo

Offered us a home???? They did a secret deal with CCC which they knew would fuck us in the process! Thank you soooo much Wasps, shall I bend over so you can fuck me some more?

Moff

I think the vitriol is embarrassing too.

Why?

We are the tenants of a Stadium, where it is expected the pitch will be maintained and playable, in order for us to carry out and play our fixtures.
If it isnt, then Wasps are in breach of contract, and we could (sadly) go elsewhere. That makes people angry.

The fact that they cant even manage the basics for us, and it could cost the club money or a points deduction, let alone the impact on many fans. of course its going to bring out vitriol, and its totally understandable.

Why shouldn't we be angry? their inability to maintain the pitch is woeful and pathetic. I take it if you paid to rent a house but couldn't use it as there was a leak and it was flooded then you wouldn't be angry and just ok?

NortonSkyBlue

Offered us a home???? They did a secret deal with CCC which they knew would fuck us in the process! Thank you soooo much Wasps, shall I bend over so you can fuck me some more?
Did you read what I said? From their point of view they offered us a home and it seems like we have bent over to such a degree we have moved home and could if not handled properly go again. I just feel that its time for a more considered approach. As I said not popular but shouting got us no where before, we actually shouting got us to Northampton and Birmingham. Samo do you want that again?

Samo

Did you read what I said? From their point of view they offered us a home and it seems like we have bent over to such a degree we have moved home and could if not handled properly go again. I just feel that its time for a more considered approach. As I said not popular but shouting got us no where before, we actually shouting got us to Northampton and Birmingham. Samo do you want that again?

Of course I don't want that again but I do reserve the right to remain at least bloody indignant at the suggestion that Wasps 'offered us a home'. The very same home that they were instrumental in stealing from us.

fatso

Why would it happen again?
I think there's far more chance of Wasps having to leave than CCFC.
They are very likely to have to sell the arena in order to stay afloat. And could possibly go under or relocate.
Which would give SISU an opportunity to buy it, and continue their original, evil plan for world domination. Or for a new investor to buy the arena and lease it to one or both Wasps and CCFC.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Why would it happen again?
I think there's far more chance of Wasps having to leave than CCFC.
They are very likely to have to sell the arena in order to stay afloat. And could possibly go under or relocate.
Which would give SISU an opportunity to buy it, and continue their original, evil plan for world domination. Or for a new investor to buy the arena and lease it to one or both Wasps and CCFC.

If Wasps refuse/are unable to pay compensation to the club for lost revenue then the situation could quite likely get considerably more ugly.

Mcbean

They are more likely to slap
An injunction against us stopping us playing - the efl don’t care their contract is with us not wasps

NortonSkyBlue

If the opportunity arises and we end up doing something with Wasps, regarding the lease etc, it will be because they have no other option, not because we spoke nicely about them.
You are right but giving it to them both barrels serves no purpose and just polarises both parties. On this occasion I believe that dialogue with them is better than outright conflict.

NortonSkyBlue

Of course I don't want that again but I do reserve the right to remain at least bloody indignant at the suggestion that Wasps 'offered us a home'. The very same home that they were instrumental in stealing from us.
Of course be indignant but I haven’t once said Wasps offered us a home old chap.

long way home

I cant see how this is going to end well for us. Sisu play the victim well. Wasps play nothing to do with us card. And FL come charging over the hill pretending to be the solution to everyone's problem.

And this without the council pretending to see no evil, hear no evil and do no evil.

Every party involved is shady all are guilty in this long running saga. And all have to own some part of the problem with the pitch.

Lets face it until these 3 parties are a million miles away from the club and the FL have no reason to knock our door. This is a pattern and a merry go round of finger pointing bollocks that has never stopped turning. At some point somebody needs to get off and pull the plug for everyone's sanity. Unfortunately i cant see it happening and cant see how an improvement can be made that allows a sustainable relationship. Grass can grow quickly, burnt bridges take longer to build and only are built when the will to do it is there.

Last edited:

Samo

Of course be indignant but I haven’t once said Wasps offered us a home old chap.

''From their perspective they have offered us a home''

You suggested that was their perspective. I was very clear that my indignation arose from that suggestion... old chap

MalcSB

[QUOTE="riyadhskyblue, post: 2572929, member: 7127"
[/QUOTE]
It would be somewhat disingenuous if Wasps felt that they had offered us a home. Both parties were led to a mediation process by Andy Street who could see how ridiculous it was to have an historically London club based in Coventry whilst the historic Coventry football club was in Birmingham. At the same time, Wasps were receiving no income rights for the stadium name, and yet within a very short time after announcing the Ricoh return, the CBS deal was in place. Those discussions must have been going on behind the scenes for sometime ( in similar fashion to the sale to Wasps). Both returns did Wasps a financial favour (at the time): altruism it was not.

Users who are viewing this thread