Wasps out (1 Viewer)

Ccfcsj

Went to one game once (shame on me :-(). It was a free ticket from the company I worked for - DS Smith - who are one of the shirt sponsors.

I've never been so bored in my life

Bertola

There’s one sentence in there that bothers me “ we are a host venue for the Rugby League World Cup in 2022”
That means more buffaloes fucking the pitch up again

Looks like there's only one game - October 21st... We're away at Stoke the day after...

Obviously any additional usage isn't ideal when the pitch is in such a delivate state already though

Ccfcsj

Had plenty of free tickets from my child's previous school, at one point they were just dropping them into kids school bags every week.

Never took them to one single game, they got shredded instead.
Good call - wish I'd done the same - time I'll never get back. Glad it was only once

Gynnsthetonic

Ultimately it's whoever is willing to pay the most, i hadn't realised that ACL is still paying ACL2006 £1.9m a year rent, where does this money go?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Is that Wasps paying the council 1.9m a year then, I heard from a reliable source who works at the stadium that any desicions Wasps make regarding the stadium have to go through the council first.

Nick

Administrator
Is that Wasps paying the council 1.9m a year then, I heard from a reliable source who works at the stadium that any desicions Wasps make regarding the stadium have to go through the council first.

"Wasps" own both of those though.

Flying Fokker

I think it is more likely a 3rd party would obtain the stadium. Then we are back trying to negotiate a reasonable rent and revenue streams.

That might turn out very well new owners of the stadium. But like the thought of SISU being replaced it does not necessarilly follow that the future would be all success and roses?
I must admit, I saw a 5 year old lad and his mother walking around in Wasps shirts on Sunday. I thought to myself, I bet ccfc922 wouldn’t let that happen in his bubble?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I think there’ll be significant public pressure to give CCFC first refusal and as we’ve seen any owner would need CCFC on side and successful to have any chance of making the arena a success. Time to reunite them, find some investment to push us to the next level.
I get the impression that SISU have seen this as the trigger to really put the squeeze on Wasps. Maybe they'll get the ground on the cheap just like they've always wanted!

Nick

Administrator
Interesting how some of the biggest Wasps / CCFC fans on social media seem to now be trying to erase that spell.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Interesting how some of the biggest Wasps / CCFC fans on social media seem to now be trying to erase that spell.
I mean as much as I want them to be called out, this is a good thing. Now if the trust can get on board with getting rid of Wasps I’d be all for it

Frostie

Had plenty of free tickets from my child's previous school, at one point they were just dropping them into kids school bags every week.

Never took them to one single game, they got shredded instead.

Friend of mine works at a local school & Wasps used to drop off an enormous box of free tickets before every home game. He brought some along to the footy team I coached on a few occasions - 48 kids + parents etc. Think he gave away less than 10 tickets total all season.

Most of the time the school reception just turfed the whole box into the bin. They'll probably still have counted on the phony attendance figures though.

mr_monkey

They’ve still got media contacts and probably some pull with other fans. Don’t forget there are fans that aren’t on here or as in depth as we are.

was part of our problem in trying to get people to question wasps in the first place

Not for me, what they did was unforgivable and they are only flip flopping now as wasps are going down the shitter

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

They only play for 14 minutes - that's only 6 full games

Also 14 players not 30!
They’ve still got media contacts and probably some pull with other fans. Don’t forget there are fans that aren’t on here or as in depth as we are.

was part of our problem in trying to get people to question wasps in the first place
well we are really in the shit if there are fans who are not in depth as some on here

Sky Blue Harry H

Apologies if linked elsewhere - a couple of reasonable posters, but they just don't seem to get what we have been through as supporters and why we struggle to accept them as our lords and masters (yes our owners, CCC have played their part in causing that)

Travs

This was a point i made on the Wasps Downward Spiral thread a couple of months ago... There's rightly a lot of hostility towards Wasps on here, and i expect the vast majority of other City fans, whilst perhaps not quite as bothered about them, would prefer them gone given the choice.

But my firm belief is the vast majority of the population of the city don't really care. At best we can say they don't understand the situation... but i expect most of them wouldn't give a toss anyway.

Of course, by making this point, i was instantly accused of holding multiple accounts and being a Wasps fan.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Can see this coming a mile off.

- Wasps leave
- SISU will end up negotiating to obtain the CBS.
- SISU sell the club, but keep the arena.
- We will then forever be paying over priced rent to them until our new owners say enough is enough and withhold rent.

The cycle continues
Nobody will buy the club without the stadium or very little assets. Even our only asset Ryton has a charge over it

robbiethemole

Apologies if linked elsewhere - a couple of reasonable posters, but they just don't seem to get what we have been through as supporters and why we struggle to accept them as our lords and masters (yes our owners, CCC have played their part in causing that)

Sound like pompous load of tossers who don’t like swear words, totally out of touch with reality.
They don’t seem to have a great deal of passion for their club, or maybe aren’t able to vocalise it. Come across as a bunch of hooray henrys.

Sbarcher

We have just had this sent to us at work. They really are desperate
[/QUOTE
We have just had this sent to us at work. They really are desperate
Hmm. Can’t see all of the details on that offer but if there’s a link I wonder if it would be possible for loads of City fans to take up the offer, not attend and leave tons of empty seats?

Users who are viewing this thread