Wasps out (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

What’s the plan though. What actually can we do apart from persuade people not to support them. They seem to be imploding and so how do we speed the process up..??? The Times article coming to fruition is our one hope… and we have little influence there.

Kingokings204

We can’t really do anything. We can move out again at great cost and put the football club in jeopardy for not a certain success that works.

wasps are slowly imploding I would suggest. Taken longer than I thought but look at the evidence and it suggests that strongly mixed in with strong rumours of how bad they are struggling.

we just need to bide our time and hope when the deal comes up we have some means to take it. To quote The only way the way the arena survives is with ccfc owning in the premier league.

Mcbean

Sadly the same people won’t care about CCFC as when the stadium was sold to wasps in the first place so there will be very little sympathy outside of sky blue fans

PUSB-We_are_going_up

We could protest at events, not buy tickets of course. But maybe if given free tickets we could go and cause a nuisance, no roughing up or fighting, just peaceful protests. We could also get someone who knows someone high at the club to persuade Joy to Sue the wankers?

CCFC54321

I think they are doing a good job of that by themselves with their complete incompetence. One day I'm sure they will realise that no fucker is interested in them.
I think they know deep down the move hasn’t worked and never will and be looking at their options…. If not then their more amateur then we thought!

D

Deleted member 2477

I think they are doing a good job of that by themselves with their complete incompetence. One day I'm sure they will realise that no fucker is interested in them.

Attachments

• EEF3FEC4-2D1C-4781-BD0A-DC73DBDC797B.png
    EEF3FEC4-2D1C-4781-BD0A-DC73DBDC797B.png
    758.7 KB · Views: 204

rexo87

A great big banner over the A444 bridge would be lovely.

They are on the verge so a little more patience and they will be gone. £65m of total debt is not going to be paid back so they will eventually be liquidated. It’ll happen….
Good idea. Anyone decent at design want to create something? We could then easily raise a crowd fund to get it made. Wasps are on the brink and anything to make them less welcome and make a few more people question whether they want to go and watch them is a good idea for me

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2477

Good idea. Anyone decent at design want to create something? We could then easily raise a crowd fund to get it made. Wasps are on the brink and anything to make them less welcome and make a few more people question whether they want to go and watch them is a good idea for me

Our beloved council would probably take it down given their support of the pests

pusbccfc

We need the locals to stop going. Starve them.

rexo87

Our beloved council would probably take it down given their support of the pests
True. Any other ideas? Any other club would be absolutely fuming and would be doing all sorts to disrupt them

Hobo

We cant afford to buy the stadium.
Wasps can't afford to own it and run it properly; and I doubt we could on our own. CCC can't afford to run it .

So far nobody seems to have the expertise to run and operate the thing properly.

If Wasps go are we just back with a SISU v CCC situation?

Tile Hill Phil

Great idea I’d contribute to that I’m sure many fans would

Colin Steins Smile

Wasps problems were highlighted in the end of year accounts for June '21:

"Material uncertainty related to going concern
We draw attention to note 2 in the financial statements, which indicates the existence of a material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt over the group’s and the parent company’s ability to continue as a going concern. The financial statements do not include adjustments that would result if the company were to be unable to continue as a going concern.
In auditing the financial statements, we have concluded that the directors’ use of the going concern basis of accounting in the preparation of the financial statements is appropriate.
Explanation of material uncertainty
Wasps Holdings Limited and its subsidiary, Arena Coventry Limited, are required to repay loans from Wasps Finance PLC in order for Wasps Finance PLC to meet the scheduled repayment of its retail bonds in May 2022. Wasps Holdings Limited and Arena Coventry Limited are also required to meet interest obligations on those loans so that Wasps Finance PLC can meet its interest obligations on the retail bonds prior to redemption.
The group is currently pursuing various refinancing options to enable the repayment of amounts owed to Wasps Finance PLC and, in turn, to facilitate the redemption of the retail bonds in 2022. However, the directors have drawn attention to the risk that refinancing may not be successful and, if successful, may not be completed in time for the scheduled redemption of the retail bonds".

It'll be interesting to see the audited accounts for end of June '22!!

Grendel

I’m no financial expert but there’s some interesting stuff there. I’m a nutshell it’s all down to Derek Richardson. How much money does this guy have? They’re losing millions and he is keeping it all afloat…..

I don’t think he’s put new money for several years now

CCFC54321

Mate I’d chip in on that if gets off the ground!

SkyBlueSam01

Even small protests at their games etc could be enough to influence bond holders if they garner any kind of media attention

rexo87

Mate I’d chip in on that if gets off the ground!
Problem as someone else said is the council would just take it down then its a complete waste of money. But any other ideas are much appreciated

D

Deleted member 2477

True. Any other ideas? Any other club would be absolutely fuming and would be doing all sorts to disrupt them

Protest outside or at their first home game. Get plenty of media coverage.

Samo

Protest outside or at their first home game. Get plenty of media coverage.

That's he ideal scenario but how many will turn up for it? It could be embarrassing.

D

Deleted member 2477

I’m no financial expert but there’s some interesting stuff there. I’m a nutshell it’s all down to Derek Richardson. How much money does this guy have? They’re losing millions and he is keeping it all afloat…..
what a joke

A key pillar of our long term strategy is investment in the Arena and ensuring the continued high quality visitor experience. In this we have been supported by a grant totalling £5.2m, awarded by the Get Building Fund and the Coventry & Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership, which will be used to modernise and further improve our facilities, strengthening our competitive position as a world class venue

D

Deleted member 2477

That's he ideal scenario but how many will turn up for it? It could be embarrassing.
A large protest at the egg chasing world cup games would be even better. World wide coverage. Anyone know when it is ?

Grendel

Protests are pretty pointless. If people are so inclined get a paid for worded letter to the Coventry building society get in in a national publication and send it individually if anyone has an account to the Society

Protests look like yob fans protesting about overpaid footballers playing on a dry pitch

Users who are viewing this thread