Wasps out (2 Viewers)

djr8369

Good idea. Anyone decent at design want to create something? We could then easily raise a crowd fund to get it made. Wasps are on the brink and anything to make them less welcome and make a few more people question whether they want to go and watch them is a good idea for me

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Between here and the Facebook forum a crowdfunder would do well.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

A great big banner over the A444 bridge would be lovely.

They are on the verge so a little more patience and they will be gone. £65m of total debt is not going to be paid back so they will eventually be liquidated. It’ll happen….

That banner wouldn't last a day.

RegTheDonk

A great big banner over the A444 bridge would be lovely.

They are on the verge so a little more patience and they will be gone. £65m of total debt is not going to be paid back so they will eventually be liquidated. It’ll happen….
I recall that interview with Joy on Sky when she said something about they are at the top of their tree but not sustainable where's we have a long way to go but we can peak and balance the books, something like that. I thought it was sour grapes but she's right about them. Any campaign be it in media, social media or old fashioned boots on the ground needs to make their financers AND the local/regional council know the public won't stand for a bail out at ratepayers expense we've all suffered without those pests being given a free lunch.

CCFC54321

I recall that interview with Joy on Sky when she said something about they are at the top of their tree but not sustainable where's we have a long way to go but we can peak and balance the books, something like that. I thought it was sour grapes but she's right about them. Any campaign be it in media, social media or old fashioned boots on the ground needs to make their financers AND the local/regional council know the public won't stand for a bail out at ratepayers expense we've all suffered without those pests being given a free lunch.
Love one of those planes over city all day with a “wasps fuck off out of Coventry banner”

Lovely publicity in the press for the feeling of the Coventry public against wasps!

Grendel

Love one of those planes over city all day with a “wasps fuck off out of Coventry banner”

Lovely publicity in the press for the feeling of the Coventry public against wasps!

yes that would really help.

Reactions: AOM

letsallsingtogether

Just advertise on the Avertising board on the Ricoh roundabout.
Not sure how much it is but it a perfect setting.

Samo

So just trying to pull this cluster fuck together in my mind, are we thinking...
  • Wasps are fucked but we don't know how soon their demise will come.
  • The CBS pitch is fucked and we don't know how soon it will be unfucked.
  • Because we haven't sold one our assets SISU have closed the purse and there will be no more signings without outgoings.
  • SISU may be willing to sell the club but the Times article may be a plant to further distress Wasps.
  • CCFC may be in danger as we cannot currently cover overheads.
Is that about the size of it?

letsallsingtogether

Lets hope some of the people who have clapped them and said the pitch would be fine realise they look like bellends.
Got to admit having played 7s Rugby at a local level I did think the pitch would take it.
If it was half decent to start with it would, ours stood up to it and it was only players or members who looked after it not anyone with a lot of knowledge.

LastGarrison

yes that would really help.
As much as I get your cynicism is there a train of thought that if there is a ground swell of anti Wasps protests that it could go against them when they take their begging bowl to the WMCA?

Very easy for the money to be given on the basis that it is "good for the city" but if there is a clear and vocal anti Wasps sentiment in the area it might make them think twice.

shepardo01

Got to admit having played 7s Rugby at a local level I did think the pitch would take it.
If it was half decent to start with it would, ours stood up to it and it was only players or members who looked after it not anyone with a lot of knowledge.
It was clear that the pitch, although looking lush to start with, was poor.
I hate rugby, but popped it on the box to show the boys the stadium, and right from the off it was literally tearing up in strips....
Guessing the mentioned lack of investment in it mentioned by Boddy.

RegTheDonk

So just trying to pull this cluster fuck together in my mind, are we thinking...
  • Wasps are fucked but we don't know how soon their demise will come.
  • The CBS pitch is fucked and we don't know how soon it will be unfucked.
  • Because we haven't sold one our assets SISU have closed the purse and there will be no more signings without outgoings.
  • SISU may be willing to sell the club but the Times article may be a plant to further distress Wasps.
  • CCFC may be in danger as we cannot currently cover overheads.
Is that about the size of it?
Probably.

Tell you what lads supporting the City really is a roller coaster. Off and on the pitch there's more going on than a continuous Corrie plot twist. Never boring is it.

ceetee

Do rugby players use less longer studs? I saw one CG 7s game and there were small divots flying up just from players running about. Do players need different footwear for modern hybrid pitches?

NorthernWisdom

Protests are pretty pointless. If people are so inclined get a paid for worded letter to the Coventry building society get in in a national publication and send it individually if anyone has an account to the Society

Protests look like yob fans protesting about overpaid footballers playing on a dry pitch
They were actually worried about our protest beforehand.

Mind you, CCFC were worried too.

How naive they were!

robbiekeane

Protests are pretty pointless. If people are so inclined get a paid for worded letter to the Coventry building society get in in a national publication and send it individually if anyone has an account to the Society

Protests look like yob fans protesting about overpaid footballers playing on a dry pitch
Who would we pay to get they worded letter sorted?

When you say send it individually do you mean multiple people sending the same letter?

fatso

I reiterate what quite a few people have said anyone from Coventry who pays to see Wasps need to take a look at themselves. Let them die and soon and May all the bond holders start screaming for their money back.
Do you mean the people watching wasps should die, or wasps should die? 😱

Bad Boy

I reiterate what quite a few people have said anyone from Coventry who pays to see Wasps need to take a look at themselves. Let them die and soon and May all the bond holders start screaming for their money back.
There was/is a perfectly good rugby club by the name of Coventry that have/is representing the city.
I'd hazard a guess that many that ventured up to The Ricoh/CBS to watch Wasps would never have gone to Coundon Road or The Butts because it simply wasn't sexy enough for them or Cov didn't hand freebies out like their more illustrious neighbours.
The sooner Wasps crawl back beneath the stone from where they came from the better as far as I'm concerned because they're nothing but a heap of trouble.

Liquid Gold

You could probably right a letter to CBS pretending to be the biggest idiot in the world saying you’re worried about your savings given that they can’t afford to have a pitch in their arena.

Every business has its idiot customers so why not make them worried about losing them.

Grendel

You could probably right a letter to CBS pretending to be the biggest idiot in the world saying you’re worried about your savings given that they can’t afford to have a pitch in their arena.

Every business has its idiot customers so why not make them worried about losing them.

it’s nothing to do with savings? Building society members are shareholder. It’s a concern about sponsoring an organisation that’s not appropriate to mutual society ethics

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We could protest at events, not buy tickets of course. But maybe if given free tickets we could go and cause a nuisance, no roughing up or fighting, just peaceful protests. We could also get someone who knows someone high at the club to persuade Joy to Sue the wankers?
Get as many free tickets as possible and burn them.

Users who are viewing this thread