Wasps in talks to takeover Ricoh (1 Viewer)

cloughie

Can see why Wasps would be interested in moving to Coventry though, a ready made fanbase of 9000 who love supporting franchises here.

9,000 ? I thought only 1200/ 1500 went to franchise northampton

Rusty Trombone

It is..... One is taking the other to court and the other is looking to sell the ground to another team in another sport.

Perfect marriage !

ACL cant sell the ground as they don't own it. The story in the Telegraph is rather poor in its references to ground ownership and then references to buying a stake in ACL, which is it Simon Gilbert?

Limey

Exactly
In 2 years time ccfc are planning to move out into their new stadium.
ACL would be idiots to sit and wait.
Maybe ACL is now worth a punt for an investor. After all a few big games in a stadium like the Ricoh would pay for it.
I don't expect them to move here but I hope Sisu sort something out.
Initial thoughts are a 50 50 share between Wasps and Sisu/Ccfc could work.

I wouldn't be that against a share with wasps given our current position (it works OK for Swansea) but according the CT reports they want controlling share. I'd hate the sky blues playing second fiddle.

skybluefred

If this is true then it's as wrong as us being moved to NTFC. The Ricoh is the home of CCFC - end of. And we have our own rugby club already. Have acl, ccc, sisu not learnt a thing from what's gone on? Are they intent on destroying our club one way or another? The only thing acl should be saying to wasps is 'do one'. As fans we are in the hands of two companies - acl-sisu - who spout warm words about fans but don't give a flying fuck about us.

ACL is a business which survives by making a profit. Sisu in there stupidity have eroded those profits in an attempt to gain the Ricoh on the cheap.
This new interest from the Wasps removes that possibility from the equation and means that sisu will have to get serious with their offer to buy
a share. Let the bidding commence.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
ACL cant sell the ground as they don't own it. The story in the Telegraph is rather poor in its references to ground ownership and then references to buying a stake in ACL, which is it Simon Gilbert?

They want a majority share of ACL which would give them ownership of the company and operational control of the Ricoh Arena.

Sorry if that's not as clear as it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

They want a majority share of ACL which would give them ownership of the company and operational control of the Ricoh Arena.

Which is what everyone knows SISU should do (apart from SISU)

dongonzalos

If this is true then it's as wrong as us being moved to NTFC. The Ricoh is the home of CCFC - end of. And we have our own rugby club already. Have acl, ccc, sisu not learnt a thing from what's gone on? Are they intent on destroying our club one way or another? The only thing acl should be saying to wasps is 'do one'. As fans we are in the hands of two companies - acl-sisu - who spout warm words about fans but don't give a flying fuck about us.

Tricky one

Do a children's charity get their money back
Or do you think they should lose it because the Ricoh should be the home for CCFC?

It seems the owners of CCFC don't want to buy ACL.

The only option for the charity and the council is find other buyers.

It is wrong for wasps to move here, that is unless most of their fans want it.

Maybe it will end up a co ownership SISU and London wasps sharing the profits?

Both businesses and their share in the Ricoh would double in value if it was used every week.

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

Haven't read the thread, couldn't care less about egg chasing so I have no idea how Wasps fans would feel about that, should be up to them.

From a CCFC point of view, would this make things better or worse for Sisu? Would Wasps be a better organisation to deal with? Or would they be looking for the same revenue streams?

Maybe Wasps and CCFC can build a joint stadium?

In Milton Keynes?

Nick

Administrator
Tricky one

Do a children's charity get their money back
Or do you think they should lose it because the Ricoh should be the home for CCFC?

It seems the owners of CCFC don't want to buy ACL.

The only option for the charity and the council is find other buyers.

It is wrong for wasps to move here, that is unless most of their fans want it.

Maybe it will end up a co ownership SISU and London wasps sharing the profits?

Both businesses and their share in the Ricoh would double in value if it was used every week.

Ah the old childrens charity line ;)

skybluetony176

Sound's to me that with all SISU's fooking around with rent strikes, litigation etc in an effort to obtain control of ACL on the cheap (according to the judge) they've unwittingly delayed taking a control of ACL long enough for it to catch someone else's eye and will now be in a bidding war.

Probably end up costing them twice as much now than the £5.5m Higgs accepted before Joy decided it was only worth a £2m charitable donation.

Rusty Trombone

Thanks. You seem quite sure that this is what Wasps want, presumably you have this info first hand. To get a majority share they would need to buy shares from Higgs and the Council, do you know whether both are willing to sell?

letsallsingtogether

Not for the price he is willing to pay I would have thought.
It will be interesting to see what this company ACL is worth?
I know you are one of the ones who believe it was nothing?
Yet one of the biggest teams in the Rugby world, believe it is worth having.:thinking about:

So is this another one of Sisu's clusterfucks believing no one else wold be interested looks like ACL/CCC were right after all?

Wouldn't want to see it happen though,
but Tim did say "we are only here until our new ground is built we are down to one site now and will let the fans know very soon"???

It's just not for sale to the City's football club, it seems.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Backtracking, I'd be pretty worried about the wasps having any foot in the door at the Ricoh.

I know how you feel its a choice between

th

J

Jack Griffin

Time to get serious...

Q: What do you call a wasp sitting on a vegetable?
A: Jasper Carrot!

Q: What do you call a wasp?
A: A wanna-bee!

HighfieldRoader

Premiership Rugby Clubs are well known for playing home games away from their original base. London Irish play in Reading (Majewski Stadium) and London Welsh play in Oxford (Kassam). There have been various Wasps-Ricoh rumours flying about ever since Wasps used the Ricoh to stage a Heineken Cup match a few seasons ago.

Grendel

the council wont sell to Wasps. there is more chance of SISU building a new stadium....

Well then there is no chance in wasps coming than as the Higgs share is utterly worthless in isolation.

Astute

All smoke and mirrors it looks.

ACL have not said that they are in talks with Wasps. Wasps have not said that they are in talks with ACL. But both could benefit from everyone thinking that talks are ongoing. It sounds like a SISU type of negotiating tool to me.

The only thing that tells me that it could happen is that egg chasing is a Northern game. And a stadium in the Midlands could get support from both Londoners as well as Northerners.

Users who are viewing this thread