Wasps in talks to takeover Ricoh (1 Viewer)

mark82

Can you imagine the Ricoh with Yellow and Black seats?

The council should veto this. It would ruin Coventry RFC and CCFC. They wouldn't allow this to happen in a million years.

Hobo

Perhaps Wasps are SISU's Trojan Horse? Now there's a rumour to scupper the deal :slap:

skybluedan

If this happening and me believing that the shitsu fuckers have no intention on building there own stadium surely they will have to look at selling up and fucking off?

stupot07

I wonder how Cov Rugby Club feel about this..,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Moff

It's a bit of a step from Wasps moving here to assuming that Cov RFC would fail. Most of the rugby fans that I know go to watch Cov RFC because they're from Coventry. I'd have absolutely no interest in watching Wasps instead of Cov RFC.

And I'd absolutely agree it's hypocritical complaining about one team being moved from their home, whilst enabling another team to do the same (even though Wasps have already moved from their home at least once).

But commercially, can you expect ACL to sit tight and do nothing whilst CCFC keep pushing with the court case and insisting they're looking for a new ground?

Duffer, I cant argue with your well reasoned response, and I am sure you realise my initial post wasn't aimed at you.

I guess that whilst I cant expect ACL to sit tight (although where is the pressure to sell? as they told us so many times how profitable ACL was in the absence of the Football club), it flies in the face of the fact that they have as have leading Council officials, rightly criticised the Club for leaving its home city, and yet now they can smell cold hard cash seem quite willing to let that happen to someone else's team.

steveo1987

*I am fed up with all this uncertainty and I suspect if it is going to go ahead we will not be told until the last possible moment because of the backlash and many if not most fans walking away from their support of Wasps. I personally couldn't stomach it. I hope it is just speculation but we should be very careful of just being fatalistic about it. The club owes us some kind of definitive answer about the future of the club very soon. I think it would be a massive error to go north and many rugby followers would not respect such a move because of the loyalty shown by the existing Wasps fans who stuck with the club through everything. I also feel the local people and the clubs in the Midlands would resent an historically London club trying to muscle into their area. I know how I would feel if the situation were reversed. I hope all you more trusting souls are right though.

Don't seem a popular move. ..sound familiar?

shmmeee

Haven't read the thread, couldn't care less about egg chasing so I have no idea how Wasps fans would feel about that, should be up to them.

From a CCFC point of view, would this make things better or worse for Sisu? Would Wasps be a better organisation to deal with? Or would they be looking for the same revenue streams?

Maybe Wasps and CCFC can build a joint stadium?

The CableGuy

I'm a Cov RFC fan too so the double-whammy of acl not telling wasps where to go is maybe adding to my absolute fury over this

SISU: Potential destroyers of CCFC, CRC and London Wasps all because they couldn't put their money where their mouths are and buy back the 50% share of the Arena, years ago!!!

I don't think they even seriously considered it until after Ray Ranson left. Unbelievable.

Nick

Administrator
SISU: Potential destroyers of CCFC, CRC and London Wasps all because they couldn't put their money where their mouths are and buy back the 50% share of the Arena, years ago!!!

I don't think they even seriously considered it until after Ray Ranson left. Unbelievable.

Not being funny, how can SISU be blamed for doing anything to London Wasps or Cov Rugby Club? Shouldn't that be down to Wasps / ACL / Council / Higgs if it happens?

Samo

Just when there's a buzz about the place. I knew there would be a sting in the tail. We should call in a swat team.

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

What I love about this situation is potentially you have ACL who fought for CCFC to stay in Coventry because they were playing 35 miles away from it's true fan base, however allegedly you now have ACL negotiating with a London/Wycombe based Rugby team that will travel even further than what City had to travel to Northampton..

I am sorry but ACL are a bunch of hypocrites if they sell and this issue will stink to high heaven!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian1779

If this were to happen.... And let's hope it doesn't, but it would probably mean that a SISU exit would be about as likely as finding an unicorn that shits diamonds..

italiahorse

Fisher is building a new stadium,so don't worry.

Exactly
In 2 years time ccfc are planning to move out into their new stadium.
ACL would be idiots to sit and wait.
Maybe ACL is now worth a punt for an investor. After all a few big games in a stadium like the Ricoh would pay for it.
I don't expect them to move here but I hope Sisu sort something out.
Initial thoughts are a 50 50 share between Wasps and Sisu/Ccfc could work.

Samo

What I love about this situation is potentially you have ACL who fought for CCFC to stay in Coventry because they were playing 35 miles away from it's true fan base, however allegedly you now have ACL negotiating with a London/Wycombe based Rugby team that will travel even further than what City had to travel to Northampton..

I am sorry but ACL are a bunch of hypocrites if they sell and this issue will stink to high heaven!

Can't we just do wasp jokes for a while Robo?

Ian1779

Exactly
In 2 years time ccfc are planning to move out into their new stadium.
ACL would be idiots to sit and wait.
Maybe ACL is now worth a punt for an investor. After all a few big games in a stadium like the Ricoh would pay for it.
I don't expect them to move here but I hope Sisu sort something out.
Initial thoughts are a 50 50 share between Wasps and Sisu/Ccfc could work.

So would SISU be offered a controlling stake of ACL at the same price it would be offered to Wasps?

RoboCCFC90

Can't we just do wasp jokes for a while Robo?

Don't get me wrong I am buzzing for ACL over this revelation..

Limey

I'm very worried about this as I cannot see SISU willing to pay a fair price, let alone with any sort of competitor involved. Could they up and leave after the JR appeal decision and leave us truly homeless?

Paxman II

This is a false dawn or smoke screen (call it what you will) Will never happen. ACL must be the biggest fools on the planet to now try and negotiate with another sports team out of the Coventry area. I think we would all be calling for them to resign and let ACL be distinguished as it should have been long ago.

RoboCCFC90

Yay! Get in!

I must admit I am stinging in anguish about sharing our ground with a Rugby team, although I am sure the City and the Arena itself will feel more of a buzz over the 329 days the Club aren't playing there..

Nick

Administrator
This is a false dawn or smoke screen (call it what you will) Will never happen. ACL must be the biggest fools on the planet to now try and negotiate with another sports team out of the Coventry area. I think we would all be calling for them to resign and let ACL be distinguished as it should have been long ago.

You would think that there would be uproar about it, but I don't think it would be that bad due to the hate for SISU / support for ACL. Already seen posts saying SISU would have killed Cov Rugby club.

I agree about the smoke screen / bluff though ;)

Ian1779

I'm very worried about this as I cannot see SISU willing to pay a fair price, let alone with any sort of competitor involved. Could they up and leave after the JR appeal decision and leave us truly homeless?

The chances of SISU leaving will be virtually zero if this deal happens.

Users who are viewing this thread