Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

usskyblue

Bounty - acceptable

This however, is a fuckingdisgrace

images

Sky Blue Harry H

They're replacing them with the other sweets. So you'll get proportionally more Mars or Galaxy.

Does remind me of the great Geordie Dr Dr joke though:

Man goes into his doctor in Newcastle:

Man: Dr, every time I lift up my arm I can smell coconut
Doctor: Aye lad, you're bounty.

They told that joke today on Loose Women (so that's you and me outed!)

duffer

Slight aside from the critical Bounty debate, but it's interesting to read how few Wasps fans are keen on a possible return to the CBS. At least I found it interesting to read.

(Marathons are the best thing in the celebrations range anyhow. Beyond dispute. And I'm not calling them Snickers, that's bollocks...)

Gibbo

Fisher said they would only sell at the top of the cycle.

This is top of the cycle.
Just cos Fisher said it does not mean its true....self evidently and that is not personal to Fisher
'Top of the cycle' is in the eye of the beholder.

torchomatic

jordan210

They told that joke today on Loose Women (so that's you and me outed!)

When I was at college. We had a group trip to see it being filmed. Was tragic.

Best bit about it was a during an add break they asked if anyone knew any jokes.

Some one from my group said the most inappropriate and rude joke I have ever heard (sadly I cant remember it) her say. No one found it funny and the presenters asked her to leave.

duffer

Just whilst I'm on one, can I just add that anything that is coffee-flavoured that isn't actually a cup of coffee is completely disgusting. There, I've said it...

(Also proper coffee comes in a jar and requires a kettle and a spoon. Anything else is clearly just for effect). 😁

Liquid Gold

Just whilst I'm on one, can I just add that anything that is coffee-flavoured that isn't actually a cup of coffee is completely disgusting. There, I've said it...

(Also proper coffee comes in a jar and requires a kettle and a spoon. Anything else is clearly just for effect). 😁
Opposite of banana. Bananas are grim but banana flavoured things are banging.

Strawberry goes in the coffee camp though.

David O'Day

Slight aside from the critical Bounty debate, but it's interesting to read how few Wasps fans are keen on a possible return to the CBS. At least I found it interesting to read.

(Marathons are the best thing in the celebrations range anyhow. Beyond dispute. And I'm not calling them Snickers, that's bollocks...)

some of them really believe they get 9k to 10k at the cbs

shugs will be lost if they leave

Speedie's Head

The stadium loses money hand over fist that is why the owners are in administration and the stadium needs serious attention. What extra is Ashley planning because it needs another significant income stream ? It must connected up with his new HQ plans because he isn't going to run it as a charity for us that much is for certain!

shepardo01

Someone is paying some serious money to keep our games on. If it is Ashley I would guess it would be because of what is best for our club. No immediate plans to keep the games on and I would think differently.

With our recent form it shows we are capable of putting runs together. It wouldn't take too much investment this season to give us a really decent chance of promotion. So a few more millions to SISU to have a chance a year earlier of promotion?

Isn't it strange that the game was only confirmed as going ahead just the day before and straight after the game administration was confirmed?

Yes I might be reading too much into it. But why would he want a football ground but not a football club?
The club have said it is them haven't they!?

Telfer85

The stadium loses money hand over fist that is why the owners are in administration and the stadium needs serious attention. What extra is Ashley planning because it needs another significant income stream ? It must connected up with his new HQ plans because he isn't going to run it as a charity for us that much is for certain!
I imagine building something on car park C will be in his plans. Taking over businesses already at the arena maybe as well?? Either way he’ll have ideas lined up and prob already discussed with council as to what he plans to do.

Gibbo

Loads of whataboutery on here now

Facts are

Ashley is probably going to get the stadium. Doesn't want us.

Sisu have again fucked it by trying to be too cute even though they actually had some added investment from a partner ready to go.

Council have been nudging things in the direction they want. If people don think they aere ACL's string puller I don't know what to say

So as it stands we will still be tenants, still at the whim of a knobhead stadium owner and still run by shitcunts wihtout a pot to piss in and wont invest a penny, not even to pay for a pitch or tax bill.

Best we can hope for under this is a Peterborough/ Rotherham style yoyo L1 CHampionship club
Unlike the people that immediately posted after this, I think this is a fair summation. New landlord, a bit better, but otherwise status quo. However SISU committing less cash.

For what its worth a good friend who is a director of a League 2 team told me recently that it is not uncommon particularly in the lower leagues for owners to tell the manager to ensure the club is not promoted. Top at Xmas followed by bad run....I alway have wondered whether Robins getting us a good run combined with Covid blindsided SISU and before they knew it we were promoted.

He also pointed out that there are ways owners take cash from a club that are not obvious or even on the books - I assume through player sales kick backs. His club's previous owner had milked the club that way. Our big failure imho is the inability of our much vaunted (by some on here) youth programme that has developed diddly squat in 5 years. Shipley & Bayliss then........finally Eccles, altho you can in effect add Hyam. And we only made money from two of those. I believe my friend's club has sold a profit double that. Lots of Bayliss's is worth more than one Wilson.

Saddlebrains

Unlike the people that immediately posted after this, I think this is a fair summation. New landlord, a bit better, but otherwise status quo. However SISU committing less cash.

For what its worth a good friend who is a director of a League 2 team told me recently that it is not uncommon particularly in the lower leagues for owners to tell the manager to ensure the club is not promoted. Top at Xmas followed by bad run....I alway have wondered whether Robins getting us a good run combined with Covid blindsided SISU and before they knew it we were promoted.

He also pointed out that there are ways owners take cash from a club that are not obvious or even on the books - I assume through player sales kick backs. His club's previous owner had milked the club that way. Our big failure imho is the inability of our much vaunted (by some on here) youth programme that has developed diddly squat in 5 years. Shipley & Bayliss then........finally Eccles, altho you can in effect add Hyam. And we only made money from two of those. I believe my friend's club has sold a profit double that. Lots of Bayliss's is worth more than one Wilson.

Well its well mooted that Fisher said the 'model' doesnt work in the championship....................

Speedie's Head

I imagine building something on car park C will be in his plans. Taking over businesses already at the arena maybe as well?? Either way he’ll have ideas lined up and prob already discussed with council as to what he plans to do.

I'm wondering if it will become his new HQ...

Bugsy

FWIW I wish they brought marble back

1667487104710.png

Bad Boy

After a night on the beer make yourself some Captains Crunch.......
Kelloggs Crunchy Nut cornflakes mixed with strawberry Angel Delight.
Back of the fucking net.

Wash it down with a cup of Camp coffee made with sterilised milk.

Pure Michelin star quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread