Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingy

Anyway it's big news Thursday .
Time for some statements to start creeping out?
I do worry at the effect all of this being drawn out will bear towards the team and management .
There has to be a tipping point to MR's patience?

steve cooper

Unlike the people that immediately posted after this, I think this is a fair summation. New landlord, a bit better, but otherwise status quo. However SISU committing less cash.

For what its worth a good friend who is a director of a League 2 team told me recently that it is not uncommon particularly in the lower leagues for owners to tell the manager to ensure the club is not promoted. Top at Xmas followed by bad run....I alway have wondered whether Robins getting us a good run combined with Covid blindsided SISU and before they knew it we were promoted.

He also pointed out that there are ways owners take cash from a club that are not obvious or even on the books - I assume through player sales kick backs. His club's previous owner had milked the club that way. Our big failure imho is the inability of our much vaunted (by some on here) youth programme that has developed diddly squat in 5 years. Shipley & Bayliss then........finally Eccles, altho you can in effect add Hyam. And we only made money from two of those. I believe my friend's club has sold a profit double that. Lots of Bayliss's is worth more than one Wilson.
Is Diddly Squat any good?

ajsccfc

Thanks to the torrential rain putting all the trick or treaters off we've got 99% of a big Celebrations tub to work through. Tried a Bounty for the first time, they're not the best but I'll persevere as I like to see a project through.

shmmeee

Thanks to the torrential rain putting all the trick or treaters off we've got 99% of a big Celebrations tub to work through. Tried a Bounty for the first time, they're not the best but I'll persevere as I like to see a project through.

Red bounty is god tier, blue bounty is shit tier.

djr8369

I think on paper they don't.

Why has Reeves been so involved? Why have they been involved with the club about getting games on if it's just down to ACL?
They’re still a stakeholder and everyone has been badgering them asking them if they will do what they can to ensure games stay on, haven’t they?

Samo

Back in the day, there wasn’t anything more fun than getting the kid with a peanut allergy to play Russian roulette with a bag of Revels..

Well there was throwing the white dog shit at little girls.

Grendel

Loads of whataboutery on here now

Facts are

Ashley is probably going to get the stadium. Doesn't want us.

Sisu have again fucked it by trying to be too cute even though they actually had some added investment from a partner ready to go.

Council have been nudging things in the direction they want. If people don think they aere ACL's string puller I don't know what to say

So as it stands we will still be tenants, still at the whim of a knobhead stadium owner and still run by shitcunts wihtout a pot to piss in and wont invest a penny, not even to pay for a pitch or tax bill.

Best we can hope for under this is a Peterborough/ Rotherham style yoyo L1 CHampionship club

These are not facts they are opinions I assume from some source

Ashley is probably going to get the stadium. Doesn't want us.

Its never going to be a combined purchase. Thats over complicated. Clearly if Sisu approached Mike Ashley to buy us for £1 he would buy the club - no one would ever know what his thoughts really are on that matter.

Sisu have again fucked it by trying to be too cute even though they actually had some added investment from a partner ready to go.

Sisu are always the bridesmaid. Not our fault. They have no money and no ability to fund or run such a company. Its laughable

Council have been nudging things in the direction they want. If people don think they aere ACL's string puller I don't know what to say

To be fair they will have been involved but from a security aspect the last people they'd want is the club owners. Limited funds, zero track record, a history of withdrawing funds at the last minute. Ashley has money, has a knack of driving a deal through administration and purchasing. Who would you pick?

Calista

Slight aside from the critical Bounty debate, but it's interesting to read how few Wasps fans are keen on a possible return to the CBS. At least I found it interesting to read.
Wow, reading that they have even less of a sense of belonging anywhere than I thought. As Duffer says, very little support for staying at the CBS, but only around half of them seem to be arguing for a return to London. ‘I think the London idea may not be a great business move. Attendances at Loftus Road and Adams Park were on average around 5,000’.

It’s mind boggling:

- A West Midlands super club would be ideal
- How about Salisbury? Good connections from London and not too bad for those of us coming up from Cornwall for away games
- Milton Keynes or Slough
- I’ve always thought that somewhere in the south would be logical …there are no clubs between Bath and London
- Seems to me there is a huge untapped area of people in Birmingham
- I'd hate to see Wasps move away from Warwickshire (as I live there)
- There is a huge opportunity for starting afresh at either Windsor or doing something at Iffley Road, Oxford University
- If they can afford it the Alexander Stadium is an obvious choice
- There are a lot of southern ish fans, but I don't think London specifically.
- If there is no hope of relocating in London forget the Midlands, my suggestion would be Brighton
- Love the West Midlands idea. Don't like the London one. Windsor/Slough etc far too much traffic and little if any spare space.
- Frankly I’ll take anywhere, and by anywhere I mean midlands down to south east and Home Counties
- (My personal favourite) ‘Anywhere within 2 hours drive of S Wales’ !!!

And finally ‘Could maybe build a stadium at Warwick Uni?’. Surely that was one of you wags from on here :D

Hobo

My hunch is Wasps will be playing at the CBS and that is why Ashley has got preferred bidder status. I think he has done a deal with Richardson and co already.

Just my opinion of course.

What has Richardson got to do with it?

djr8369

Bas
Wow, reading that they have even less of a sense of belonging anywhere than I thought. As Duffer says, very little support for staying at the CBS, but only around half of them seem to be arguing for a return to London. ‘I think the London idea may not be a great business move. Attendances at Loftus Road and Adams Park were on average around 5,000’.

It’s mind boggling:

- A West Midlands super club would be ideal
- How about Salisbury? Good connections from London and not too bad for those of us coming up from Cornwall for away games
- Milton Keynes or Slough
- I’ve always thought that somewhere in the south would be logical …there are no clubs between Bath and London
- Seems to me there is a huge untapped area of people in Birmingham
- I'd hate to see Wasps move away from Warwickshire (as I live there)
- There is a huge opportunity for starting afresh at either Windsor or doing something at Iffley Road, Oxford University
- If they can afford it the Alexander Stadium is an obvious choice
- There are a lot of southern ish fans, but I don't think London specifically.
- If there is no hope of relocating in London forget the Midlands, my suggestion would be Brighton
- Love the West Midlands idea. Don't like the London one. Windsor/Slough etc far too much traffic and little if any spare space.
- Frankly I’ll take anywhere, and by anywhere I mean midlands down to south east and Home Counties
- (My personal favourite) ‘Anywhere within 2 hours drive of S Wales’ !!!

And finally ‘Could maybe build a stadium at Warwick Uni?’. Surely that was one of you wags from on here :D
Basically most of them want to be convenient for them as individuals with zero other considerations…I thought us football fans were supposed to be the stupid ones!

Hobo

Maybe he wants to get Cov Rugby playing there ... buy their ground, build houes (or anything that he can make money from which council will approve as its more "regeration").

Unfortunately, WE ALL KNOW NOTHING.

It's good to speculate on the eventual outcome but all we can do is hope for the best (min is we play at the CBS and SISU eventually piss off).

No chance with Cov Rugby. They have their own plans and are part of the longterm regeneration of Spon End. No way will they want to play at the CBS. They have a long lease at the BPA and planning permission.

Besides the BPA has a great atmosphere even with just 2,000 to 3,000 in it.

vow

Can anyone please summarise where we're at with all this? (too busy playing Footy manager to read it all!)

Has Ashley actually bought the CBS for eg.?

The Philosopher

1667493223252.png 1667493223252.png

Just going back to what we thought SISU needed to walk away, I dug out this old chart from Swiss Ramble.

It looks plausible and since then (2021) I think SISU put in another £5m

Is that £57m of debt? (Gross) and then there’ll be another £2m of “interest”.

I waffled before about CCFC being shown as £60m on their books.

Just saying.

The Philosopher

What are the players and other assets worth? £30m.

I’m going to hedge that £30m buys 51%, the other 49% could stay with SISU with interest until PL promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread