Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIMOC

emailed mine, they're all conservatives and routinely ignore emails but still got to give it a try

why you mentioning tories when it’s Labour making all the decisions? Tory councillor says they have no say

Nick

Administrator
Just got a responce from my email sent to Mr Duggins

Duggins, George (Cllr)
14:34 (4 minutes ago)
to me

Dear Mr ********

Thank you for your email.

There will be no financial package being made available to Wasps.

Best wishes

George
Is that serious? Which email address did you send it to?

tisza

Thank you.

I was just seeing if there was any angle from the council point of view that they helped bail out CCFC/the construction of the ground.

Seems not.
Wouldn't have been finished without the original Council finances but it was a business arrangement rather than a handout / bail out

Grendel

It would cost £100 million so I doubt it’s going to be a bail out

Bugsy

Liquid Gold

Just got a responce from my email sent to Mr Duggins

Duggins, George (Cllr)
14:34 (4 minutes ago)
to me

Dear Mr ********

Thank you for your email.

There will be no financial package being made available to Wasps.

Best wishes

George
Can you go back to him as he's responding and ask if there is any other kind of support on offer to them?

NorthernWisdom

Out of 54 councillors 39 are Labour. If they vote in favour of it tonight then that's it.
why you mentioning tories when it’s Labour making all the decisions? Tory councillor says they have no say

He's mentioning they're Conservatives because they won;t be in said meeting. He's mentioning they never respond to emails as pointing out how even if they did, it would be pointless emailing them.

But he's doing it anyway for shits and giggles.

SHUNT31

My guess is they are going to buy back the lease possibly? Is that possible when the lease reverts back to them in the event of insolvency anyway?

Even if so, they that doesn’t cover the issues over the other debt.

Really struggling to understand the motive behind this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHUNT31

Might be so the council keep hold of the ground to stop it going to a third party

They have to act in the interests of the tax payer. As they spouted numerous time when selling the lease to wasps in the first place.

Not only that, the bondholders have 1st charge and can force a sale of the lease themselves anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

Calista

If the purpose of this is some kind of short-term deal to protect the interests of HMRC or to keep the stadium operational, it’s questionable but understandable.

If it’s somehow necessary to reduce the Council’s financial losses (bonds?) it makes the whole monumental cockup even worse.

If it involves injection of funds in an attempt to bail out Wasps and keep them in Coventry it’s probably the most disgraceful decision by a public body I’ve ever known.

And if the effect is to put off new potential investors in the stadium and CCFC I’ll be getting that pitchfork out.

Samo

Just received this response from a counselor, looks like the meeting is on:

Dear ......,

Many thanks for your email and passing on your concerns.

I take these considerations very seriously, and I will ensure that your perspective is represented to Council before any decision is made, either this evening or Monday.

Best wishes,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread