Match Thread Walsall vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 8th Dec (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Luke Thomas looks to have a bad first touch, it took their defender completely out of the game though and he gets a shot but blocked. Maybe could have laid it off.

Nick

Administrator
Sterling is having a bit of a battle with their striker, needs to stop giving silly fouls away though.

PVA

Something happening with the fans being the goal?

Big gathering of fans at the bottom of the steps by the exit

Nick

Administrator
Bayliss is being a bit hit and miss, making good runs but not really doing much with it.

Nick

Administrator
Something happening with the fans being the goal?

Big gathering of fans at the bottom of the steps by the exit

Looks like there is something, can't see what though.

Unless they are all going to try and get some food from the trailer in the corner.

Nick

Administrator
Ah Bakayoko came for the ball, great touch to Shipley and then he turned and ran into a massive bit of space through on goal but Shipley tried the long pass rather than giving it him back :(

Nick

Administrator
After their players flying in and fouling, Bayliss gets a booking. Heavy first touch and stretched to get it and left his foot there. Didnt touch the player though.

A result of the ref not sorting things earlier.

Esoterica

Kelly has won a few balls 10 yards inside their half too, with actual tackles. It's not happened for weeks. Previously we were only getting the ball back on the edge of our own area when the opposition surrendered it and then breaking. Now Walsall have to think twice before committing too many people forward and an element of pressure is proactively relieved.

Bayliss has given the ball a way quite a lot but he's the creative player in this line up and it will happen, especially at this level, can't get on his back too much for trying to open up a defence - he's also getting nothing from the ref.

Nick

Administrator
Their player clean through, Sterling looked to bring him down but no foul given.

I can see somebody getting sent off.

clint van damme

Looking much more dynamic in midfield and worth the lead but I had a good view of their penalty appeal from the end of the pie queue and have to say I think we got away with one there

Nick

Administrator
Ref has lost control of the game really. Osbourne absolutely smashes into Kelly with no chance of getting the ball. Everybody piles in.

I do like how Luke Thomas gets stuck in.

covcity4life

Good performance so far. Bayliss and Thomas standing out alongside Kelly

But we need 90 mins of this as it's become a war out there. So I won't say much till full time

But so far so good

Nick

Administrator
Christ.

Long ball, great header from Bakayoko into Chaplins path but he didn't react quick enough :(

Esoterica

Looking much more dynamic in midfield and worth the lead but I had a good view of their penalty appeal from the end of the pie queue and have to say I think we got away with one there
Sterling ran straight across the back of his legs. Can't believe this ref - he's reffed Prem and Champ for most of the season, wouldn't tell.

David Coote will be the man in the middle of the Sky Blues clash against The Saddlers in Sky Bet League One action.

So far this season, David has officiated in:

4 Premier League games

4 Championship games

1 Carabao Cup game

1 League One game

1 League Two game

David has officiated in 11 games during the 2018/19 campaign giving a total of 34 yellow cards and three red cards so far.

Users who are viewing this thread