Match Thread Walsall vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 8th Dec (1 Viewer)

eastwoodsdustman

Nobody has mentioned the wind on Saturday. It certainly got worse as the game went on and was swirling around the pitch. A few times Burge's kicks held up on the half way line and some didn't. I think that the wind might have held the ball up a bit for their first which made him misjudge it a bit more. We still didn't deal with it well enough though. Not making excuses for him as he should have stayed put if he wasn't sure he'd get the ball.
I did think we were up against it a bit in the 2nd half despite hitting them on the break a lot. Take your chances and you'll win games.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I remember we conceded two very late goals to draw against Leeds a few years ago, but that wasn't a loss.

Swiftlyon

I saw that pig running down to spit. That was premeditated no excuses.

Also a steward came on to the pitch and clearly said something to Burge trying to wind him up. One of their fans run on and confronted him.

And they think our fans are confrontational.

I notice not much was said when they scored from the penalty and ran on the pitch

Double standards

As a Walsall fan I agree.

I think there is a section within both of our support bases who suffer with unrequited hate. Our mob would love Wolves to hate us and a couple of years ago I think Wolves were irritated but Albion will always be their rivals. Even our traditional lower league rivals like Vale and Shrewsbury, whilst not liking us, save their real loathing for others.

So there appears to be an attempt to manufacture some kind of off-field rivalry between our two sets of fans and the antics of a hundred or so on both sides over the last few weeks has added a bit of lighter fluid to what was a very small flame.

Hopefully it will blow out soon. It’s nonsense.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

I think there is a section within both of our support bases who suffer with unrequited hate. Our mob would love Wolves to hate us and a couple of years ago I think Wolves were irritated but Albion will always be their rivals. Even our traditional lower league rivals like Vale and Shrewsbury, whilst not liking us, save their real loathing for others.

So there appears to be an attempt to manufacture some kind of off-field rivalry between our two sets of fans and the antics of a hundred or so on both sides over the last few weeks has added a bit of lighter fluid to what was a very small flame.

Maybe we should encourage a ‘rivalry’ then since we are in a similar position; we ‘hate’ Villa - they don’t give two shits. We ‘hate’ Leicester. They retaliate / bite a bit more but still there’s not really much of a rivalry :D

Brighton Sky Blue

With the series of gifts our lads have handed out to you on the pitch there should have been love-ins rather than flares

Users who are viewing this thread