Match Thread Walsall vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 8th Dec (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Bayliss tries a shot from distance but there was a defender right in front of him that it hit.

Nick

Administrator
It looks so far as if Bakayoko is in the deep striker role with Chaplin more advanced. Miles apart so far.

Esoterica

Already a big impact on the shape: Bayliss playing higher up the pitch with Kelly able to get box to box, Chaplin playing as the furthest forward striker. Extra man in all our attacks so far. Baka looks like he has a free role though, literally all over the place so far.

Nick

Administrator
Bayliss fouled after the ball had gone.

Luke Thomas nutmegs their player and runs round after doing well to get it but tripped over. Free Kick between corner and 18 yard box

Nick

Administrator
We still look a bit shaky at the back, they seem to be able to unlock the defence. The same way they did in the cup, a cross in and then a touch. They havent got a shot off though thankfully.

Nick

Administrator
Some good play, Baka lays it off to Brown but an awful cross goes out for a goal kick.

PVA

I think the iFollow problems is an issue with Chrome.

I have it working on Internet Explorer now.

Edit: just in time to see the goal!

Nick

Administrator
Was some good build up play there. You can tell the different with Doyle and Kelly with things like that.

Decent cross in from Brown, their defender flicks it on to Thomas who controls and hammers it in!

Nick

Administrator
Deserved that. Really good display so far. More crosses in this 20 minutes than the whole of November I reckon.

It looks like we have a plan. It's not just hoping!

Player on the other side then hanging back to get it (see the goal).

Another one then from a good Shipley cross.

Esoterica

Can I also take a moment to say thank fuck that wasn't a bad injury to Thomas. I know we might only have him for another month but that's 4 more games.

Nick

Administrator
We are passing it so quickly, it's pretty much a touch and then pass. Its nice to see.

Nick

Administrator
Thomas falls over, gets up and still has the ball and has a decent shot but keeper saved!

Was good to see Bakayoko follow it up for the tap in too!

Nick

Administrator
Chaplin hasn't been in the game too much yet, some good pressing of the defenders though.

Esoterica

Would like to see the ref get a yellow out soon for them, plenty of little cynical pulls and pushes so far just to break up momentum

Users who are viewing this thread