Match Thread Walsall vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 8th Dec (6 Viewers)

covcity4life

Happy enough with team. We needed to freshen it up

Hopefully we see a renewed Shipley who now doesn't take his place for granted. I did say at time of wanting him dropped that a break could do him good.

Grendel

Happy enough with team. We needed to freshen it up

Hopefully we see a renewed Shipley who now doesn't take his place for granted. I did say at time of wanting him dropped that a break could do him good.

“Hedging bets in case he has a stormer”

Ccfcisparks

Nice to see a newly refreshed team with the seemingly undropppable Doyle and JCH not starting. Looking forward to seeing how the new lads do.

Nick

Administrator
I think Shipley being back in adds to the defensive side which he was referring to about still creating chances. I really hope Chaplin plays right up front with Baka otherwise we all know it is going to be pointless.

If we keep it on the floor and try to work the channels or play it to Baka's feet for Chaplin to play off him it might work.

Not having to cover for Doyle in the middle might help, the only thing I worry about is Kelly's match fitness.

Nick

Administrator
Theirs:

Ginnelly on the bench, gave thompson a torrid time and has been getting a few goals.

I am sure somebody said Cook was suspended?

Esoterica

Theirs:

Ginnelly on the bench, gave thompson a torrid time and has been getting a few goals.

I am sure somebody said Cook was suspended?

Baka to take an early yellow by going through their keeper so that they have to bring Chris Dunn on.

Warwickhunt

He's made some big calls there. Looking forward to seeing how well it works!
is it too many changes? i would have started Grimmer and bought Dujon after 1/2 time?

Warwickhunt

Blimey he’s dropped Doyle
he is probably carrying an injury! he has looked laboured in the last few games and i think he needs to take the stress off.

Warwickhunt

He will bring JCH on after 1/2 time as he plays better when he gets a kick up the arse!

stevefloyd

My concern is Kelly not being match fit and cannot understand why Robins has not been getting him on in more games but lets hope in our lay off he miraculously appears fit, same with Ogogo...Baka its your time to step up show your old team what they are missing and Shipley, who I think is an honest player needs to perform, bit of a risk sticking Sterling straight back in but at least Robins has been brave with the changes especially dropping Doyle lets hope too many changes doesn't affect us too much

Esoterica

I just hope that Robins, and the fans, give the players a chance. Half the team hasn't started a league game for 2 months so there's bound to be a bit of rustiness.

D

Deleted member 4439

Don't supposed anybody else is simply getting a black screen on their ifollow?

Johnnythespider

Just seen the line up, glad to see Sterling back and i think Shipley for his faults is a bit stronger defensively than Hiwula. I was expecting changes but not 5, it seems Doyle doesn't pick himself any longer.

skyblueinBaku

I just hope that Robins, and the fans, give the players a chance. Half the team hasn't started a league game for 2 months so there's bound to be a bit of rustiness.
I hope so, too. However, I fully expect some 'fans' to start moaning the moment their favoutite scapegoat makes a mistake.

Nick

Administrator
Thomas with a good run, cant get a shot off but lays it off to Kelly who shoots from range but easy save.

Nick

Administrator
Why on earth is Bakayoko challenging their winger in our 18 yard box to block a cross?

Users who are viewing this thread