Walking Dead Season 6 (3 Viewers)

mechaishida

It was dire.

It isn't Carl, it is Coooorlll.

I've always heard it as 'Coral' myself, a name that actually suits him to a tee.

Either way, I think his time on TWD should be abruptly, violently, hilariously ended.

Otis

I've always heard it as 'Coral' myself, a name that actually suits him to a tee.

Either way, I think his time on TWD should be abruptly, violently, hilariously ended.
The least the walkers could do would be to bite his ridiculous hair off.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Why didnt they try to push the tower down
it would only be a benefit to them if it was on the inside of the fence
Anyway nexr weeks episode looks good

mechaishida

Why didnt they try to push the tower down
it would only be a benefit to them if it was on the inside of the fence
Anyway nexr weeks episode looks good

Yeah I'd have thought Rick the mastermind would've thought of that...but the way it fell suggests it was pushed, 'cos if it fell by itself because of the Tanker damage, it would've fell the opposite way surely.

Otis

Yeah I'd have thought Rick the mastermind would've thought of that...but the way it fell suggests it was pushed, 'cos if it fell by itself because of the Tanker damage, it would've fell the opposite way surely.

Yep, I got the notion it was pushed. Maybe full of walkers inside. Or wolves!!

mechaishida

Yep, I got the notion it was pushed. Maybe full of walkers inside. Or wolves!!

Or wolf/walkers, hell bent on chewing Coral like jerky.

I'm surprised, actually, I thought he'd be straight on the BBQ during the group's 'wilderness' period, between Terminus and Alexandria...

scubasteve

I gave up on the show at the end of the last season as its clearly going no where, and the writers have no idea how to end it like most American TV shows.

Its just one big loop of the same story every season with slight changes.

Hang around (drag out) for a few episodes nothing really happens
Then when they know everyone is starting to get fed up a couple of episode from the end they have a story line
They cock up where they are living at the time
Have a big cliff hanger and wrap the whole story line up in 1st episode of the next season, and repeat.
It happened at the prison, the village, the church, the farm, terminus, the police officers in the tower.
Oh and randomly kill off a main character for shock value to keep people interested.

Not one person questions why it happened, is there a cure, what did the government's do, did other countries become infected, instead of living near villages and cities, why not head to the coast and live on a boat, go to a small island where there are no walkers, they never kill the zombies hanging outside the fence's unless they have to even though they are a threat, the list of questions and how dumb they are is endless.

Nick

Administrator
Yep, it is strange there is no mention of other countries is there?

In the prison they stabbed walkers through the fence for a bit, I never understood why they just didn't spend a couple of hours a day killing them all off.

mechaishida

Yep, it is strange there is no mention of other countries is there?

In the prison they stabbed walkers through the fence for a bit, I never understood why they just didn't spend a couple of hours a day killing them all off.

What was that Doctor's name, in the first season? The one holed up in the CDC building...in one of his 'video logs' I'm sure he said the disease had 'gone global' or something. It would have aided the story if we'd have either seen or heard snippets of any events in other countries...

I'm glad scubasteve mentioned the whole wrapping-the-cliffhanger-up-in-an-episode thing, 'cos the brevity of the group's encounter at Terminus was frustrating.

Otis

I gave up on the show at the end of the last season as its clearly going no where, and the writers have no idea how to end it like most American TV shows.

Its just one big loop of the same story every season with slight changes.

Hang around (drag out) for a few episodes nothing really happens
Then when they know everyone is starting to get fed up a couple of episode from the end they have a story line
They cock up where they are living at the time
Have a big cliff hanger and wrap the whole story line up in 1st episode of the next season, and repeat.
It happened at the prison, the village, the church, the farm, terminus, the police officers in the tower.
Oh and randomly kill off a main character for shock value to keep people interested.

Not one person questions why it happened, is there a cure, what did the government's do, did other countries become infected, instead of living near villages and cities, why not head to the coast and live on a boat, go to a small island where there are no walkers, they never kill the zombies hanging outside the fence's unless they have to even though they are a threat, the list of questions and how dumb they are is endless.

Some very valid points there.

There is a degree of dumbness at times and it feels like people just do not learn the basics of how to survive. Venturing out alone, attracting attention etc. It's almost like the stereotype horror movie where there's a slasher loose on a killing spree and the group of goofy teenagers decide the best thing to do is to split up and one always heads down into the cellar all by themselves.

I too have wondered why no-one has headed for the coast. Would seem the logical thing to do and obviously if they could make it to some small island somewhere that would be really easy to contain and build.

Another problem appears to be the token descent into madness thrown in for Rick once a season. One minute he is the pillar, the next, a total mess.

When it's good it's brilliant, but it can be frustrating at times for sure.

Give me Fargo over TWD any day of the week. That just keeps getting better and better.

ajsccfc

They'd have no way of finding out about other countries if there's no more communication or overseas travel, plus bear in mind it took them five seasons to leave Georgia.

Otis

They'd have no way of finding out about other countries if there's no more communication or overseas travel, plus bear in mind it took them five seasons to leave Georgia.

So they're already in Europe! I had no idea. How did they get out of the States?

chiefdave

There is a degree of dumbness at times and it feels like people just do not learn the basics of how to survive. Venturing out alone, attracting attention etc. It's almost like the stereotype horror movie where there's a slasher loose on a killing spree and the group of goofy teenagers decide the best thing to do is to split up and one always heads down into the cellar all by themselves.

I don't mind dumb. Quite happily watch dumb superhero stuff like Arrow and Flash. The issue for me is that TWD isn't a fun kind of dumb, its the frustrating kind. And of course the whole show is presented as being a high quality serious show.

scubasteve

the terminus thing really wound me up, its probably what finally made me give up, they spent a whole series wondering around getting to the terminus, then they got captured, escaped and killed them off in in 2 episodes.

I know it only supposed to be entertainment TV show, but logically myself I want to know details and answer or what's the point.

Also has any else noticed how after all this time they bump into people and communities doing just fine, the group comes along and causes chaos. (maybe that's the point).

I watched fear the walking dead, as it was supposed to give answers to lead up to what happened, but it didn't really answer much and after 6 episodes it was basically the walking dead in LA.

Otis

Since you've probably already watched it, were you as terrified as I was at Deanna's silent, slow-mo 'war cry'? That was a month's worth of Skeletor nightmares right there...
Deanna became a caricature in the end and just a tad ridiculous.

The other notion that came to me last night was that we all know the walkers pretty much have no cognitive abilities at all and just react to loud noise, light and smell etc., so when Rick's group disguise themselves in zombie guts why do they always walk so slowly through the walkers?
Why don't they just walk through at normal pace? All the walkers are walking and moaning anyway, so simply walking normal pace wouldn't create any excess noise to grab attention.

And why don't they use this tactic more often too. Surely they could avoid every dangerous and threatening situation if they did so.

The wolf thing was ridiculous too. All this 'throw down your two guns because I am holding a knife to this woman's throat' was a nonsense.

This guy has no morality or scruples and would kill anyone and everyone in the blink of an eye, with absolutely no sense of remorse whatsoever and they knew all knew that.

But then of course when he gets the guns he just leaves. The only logical step for him as the person he is, would be to shoot everyone. It wouldn't attract any more attention, because logically some residents would indeed be shooting at walkers if they were threatened anyway wouldn't they.

Some things on the show frustrate the hell out of me. They can all behave so logically and plan things so meticulously, but then do the dumbest things imaginable.

Last edited:

mechaishida

Deanna became a caricature in the end and just a tad ridiculous.

The other notion that came to me last night was that we all know the walkers pretty much have no cognitive abilities at all and just react to loud noise, light and smell etc., so when Rick's group disguise themselves in zombie guts why do they always walk so slowly through the walkers?
Why don't they just walk through at normal pace? All the walkers are walking and moaning anyway, so simply walking normal pace wouldn't create any excess noise to grab attention.

And why don't they use this tactic more often too. Surely they could avoid every dangerous and threatening situation if they did so.

The wolf thing was ridiculous too. All this 'throw down your two guns because I am holding a knife to this woman's throat' was a nonsense.

This guy has no morality or scruples and would kill anyone and everyone in the blink of an eye, with absolutely no sense of remorse whatsoever and they knew all knew that.

Then of course when he gets the guns he just leaves. The only logical step for him as the person he is, would be to shoot everyone. It wouldn't attract any more attention, because logically some residents would indeed be shooting at walkers if they were threatened anyway wouldn't they.

Some things on the show frustrate the hell out of me. They can all behave so logically and plan things so meticulously, but then do the dumbest things imaginable.

I thought the same thing a while ago, about the 'covering themselves in Walker guts' strategy - but now, by using it again, it just shows a lack of foresight and continuity...

Oh I know, that entire scenario with the imprisoned Wolf was absurd and cringeworthy. Morgan is fast becoming an annoying metaphor for P.C morality and I was kind of hoping Carol would stab his face off. Applying a generic concept of 'we all get to change' over every character is bloody idiotic. Like you said, that Wolf is an a-moral degenerate shithouse and would kill just for giggles, so it was almost redundant that Morgan would defend him.

Is this season's writer different from past season's, by any chance?

Otis

I thought the same thing a while ago, about the 'covering themselves in Walker guts' strategy - but now, by using it again, it just shows a lack of foresight and continuity...

Oh I know, that entire scenario with the imprisoned Wolf was absurd and cringeworthy. Morgan is fast becoming an annoying metaphor for P.C morality and I was kind of hoping Carol would stab his face off. Applying a generic concept of 'we all get to change' over every character is bloody idiotic. Like you said, that Wolf is an a-moral degenerate shithouse and would kill just for giggles, so it was almost redundant that Morgan would defend him.

Is this season's writer different from past season's, by any chance?

Don't know. Certainly worth investigating.

Nick

Administrator
Morgan does my head in with all this peace and love crap. If somebody is trying to kill you and the people around you, it is all well and good hitting them with a stick then letting them go but they will just come back again and do it.

It has happened with those people with W on their head, the governer etc etc. It is nice to try and be "the better person", but if somebody is intent on killing you like that you don't mess about.

Otis

Morgan does my head in with all this peace and love crap. If somebody is trying to kill you and the people around you, it is all well and good hitting them with a stick then letting them go but they will just come back again and do it.

It has happened with those people with W on their head, the governer etc etc. It is nice to try and be "the better person", but if somebody is intent on killing you like that you don't mess about.

And surely some people are redeemable and some or not and in this case, it can quite plainly be seen that this bloke is not. It's completely different from Morgan's scenario where back when and simply cannot bear comparison.

If this wolf does get redeemed at all down the line, it is going to be one of the most ridiculous plot twists ever known to mankind.

I think like you Nick, it's all well and good having this sense of trying to make the world a better place in order to revert to some kind of normality, but if someone is threatening the lives of others close to you, then you would do anything and everything to protect them, especially in this world of lawlessness, injustice and no being taken to account for your actions by any authority or government.

Common sense can usually tell you if there is any good in a person and with this wolf, he should have been put down like a dog, because he is completely without moral or scruple.

ajsccfc

They go largely by smell, but of course they just got bored of Glenn under the bin so just mooched off!

It was a bit limp, felt like the episode leading to the finale rather than the finale itself.

Otis

They go largely by smell, but of course they just got bored of Glenn under the bin so just mooched off!

It was a bit limp, felt like the episode leading to the finale rather than the finale itself.

Glenn? Glenn? But we don't know yet whether Glenn is alive or not do we!!! (spoiler alert!!!) :whistle:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Glenn? Glenn? But we don't know yet whether Glenn is alive or not do we!!! (spoiler alert!!!) :whistle:

I can tell you that Glenn is definitely
*muffled sound from throat!*

mechaishida

I can tell you that Glenn is definitely
*muffled sound from throat!*

And when ol' Glennbo is finished nursemaid'ing Enid with bum-clenchingly horrid life-coach cliches, maybe he can get back to being a badass again. Just a thought, y'know.

Oh and I checked the writing credits, Otis, I don't think the Top 3 writers I.E. Adlard, Kirkman and Darabont have had much input in this season.

Otis

Cheers for that.

It just seems to be getting all a bit tired and old hat now doesn't it. A case of endless regurgitation and now it looks like we have got the Governor part 2 coming, which though while being a bit of a thrill ride, will surely just be same old, same old, been there, got the t-shirt.

Getting increasingly frustrated with it all and unless it can go in a completely new direction, I think it is going to continue to tail off.

mechaishida

Cheers for that.

It just seems to be getting all a bit tired and old hat now doesn't it. A case of endless regurgitation and now it looks like we have got the Governor part 2 coming, which though while being a bit of a thrill ride, will surely just be same old, same old, been there, got the t-shirt.

Getting increasingly frustrated with it all and unless it can go in a completely new direction, I think it is going to continue to tail off.

Yep, pretty much what you said.

I even tried watching Fear of the Walking Dead last night, oh ye Gods.

ajsccfc

Fear never really interested me, even when it was just an idea that could have been great rather than whatever it actually is.

chiefdave

The first half of this season has been awful. You could have quite easily not watched any of it and not missed anything of great importance.

mechaishida

Well, remember, we still have Carl Vs Ron to look forward to...I mean that's gonna be a :slap:-fest to behold. I'm taking bets now, on how many times Carl pushes him like a 10 year old girl.

ajsccfc

I think Sam could be a wildcard in that fight. I can't tell if he's a scared little kid or a mental little kid.

Users who are viewing this thread