Waghorn (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Im fucking sick of him

I've actually started to actively dislike the prick and haven't done that since Jordan Turnbull.

Doesn't have any assets, brings fuck all to the team, whingy little c**t, fat, i show more pace and intent when i feel a shit about to come out

Pathetic bloke and i hope we can fuck him off

Other than that love all the others PUSB 💙

who we blaming this signing on then

cc84cov

No one. On paper it was decent business, a proven championship striker on a free.

However on the pitch that carrier bag that drifted across the field against Barnsley has looked more threatening in its cameo than he has all year the shithouse
Dunno when he come I’m sure the forum was split his legs look gone

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
His best move today was the dummy and didn’t require him to control it or head it, the touches he had today were poor by his standard.

Terry Gibson's perm

When it goes for strikers it tends to just go, Ian Wright was a good example looked fine and scoring goals and then it just stopped.

stupot07

i agree Waghorn was the worst, but we matched preston and was unlucky to concede a dubious penalty, the ref was a wanker giving that, but tavares hit a great strike for a deserved draw
They created by far the better chances, Moore was clear man of of the match pulling off 5-6 really good days. Their keeper didn't have a save to make, bar Tavares strike. Not sure how you can say were were unlucky to concede.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

sylus

They created by far the better chances, Moore was clear man of of the match pulling off 5-6 really good days. Their keeper didn't have a save to make, bar Tavares strike. Not sure how you can say were were unlucky to concede.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

i never mentioned preston chances, you did, was on about the penalty, a deserved draw for me, but you are right Moore had a good game.

larry_david

Personally thought he's never looked match fit. More brock lesser now than anything else. Gyok, godden and tav. Thems the three

SkyblueTexan

Wish we’d signed a young, hungry player on lower wages who was keen to prove himself than a fat, expensive oaf who’s supposedly proven himself at this level, but can’t run, jump or shoot the broad side of a barn 😡

Colin Steins Smile

From the first game of the season he was slow. A striker who’s over the top.
He looks as if he’s spent too much time in the weights room doing high reps

CCFC54321

Has he always been that slow ? Was opposite end to me but he looked clean through a one point ?

I would hate to imagine how much budget was used there we’ve had very little return
He was! Just didn’t have the legs to get to it.

EalingSB

The one great chance he had the ball got caught under his feet - all he needed to do was step in front of the defender who likely would have brought him down. I’m all for giving players a chance but he’s had enough now and a place in the team can’t be justified. Definitely time to move on.

The Philosopher

I know I’m going to get pellets for this but I’ll say it anyway:

I said at the time I thought him a bad signing and with the wage budget he soaks up we could have signed another player and kept Max. Someone posted a video of Walker’s goals yesterday on here and Max was there holding off defenders and giving great assists. Don’t know the stats for goals / minute or assists for Max / Wag because there’s no need; Waghorn has done F-All.

It was strange, as I said at the time, that we’d let go of our physical forwards (those with pace / strength Baka, Kasta, Max, players who could hold up or run through a defence, muscle at corners etc. and not replaced them and had no stuntman to step in to Gyok to receive the long balls through the middle.)

Now, for clarity, Baka and Kasta were not good enough. Max was not good enough to be our main threat but a perfectly decent, committed back up who knew our system and didn’t “need time to gel” (which was the excuse for Waghorn for the first few weeks). Also, he would have given us the opportunity to stop having to run Gyok into the ground like a Mijas Donkey.

In short, I said it then and I’ll say it now. We shouldn’t have signed Waghorn, kept the slightly younger Max and used the big difference in wages to sign a couple of other players. A couple of young gambles where we might have got jackpot transfer fees rather than the dead cert that we wouldn’t get a fee for Waghorn.

Wrong player. Wrong age, wrong wage, wrong attributes.

All wrong.

I got laughed at for saying this before but I’ll stand by my thoughts then and now.

Garryb80

I said at the time I thought him a bad signing and with the wage budget he soaks up we could have signed another player and kept Max. Someone posted a video of Walker’s goals yesterday on here and Max was there holding off defenders and giving great assists. Don’t know the stats for goals / minute or assists for Max / Wag because there’s no need; Waghorn has done F-All.

It was strange, as I said at the time, that we’d let go of our physical forwards (those with pace / strength Baka, Kasta, Max, players who could hold up or run through a defence, muscle at corners etc. and not replaced them and had no stuntman to step in to Gyok to receive the long balls through the middle.)

Now, for clarity, Baka and Kasta were not good enough. Max was not good enough to be our main threat but a perfectly decent, committed back up who knew our system and didn’t “need time to gel” (which was the excuse for Waghorn for the first few weeks). Also, he would have given us the opportunity to stop having to run Gyok into the ground like a Mijas Donkey.

In short, I said it then and I’ll say it now. We shouldn’t have signed Waghorn, kept the slightly younger Max and used the big difference in wages to sign a couple of other players. A couple of young gambles where we might have got jackpot transfer fees rather than the dead cert that we wouldn’t get a fee for Waghorn.

All wrong.

I got laughed at for saying this before but I’ll stand by my thoughts then and now.
The same Max who isn't playing in anyone's side right now? Truly idiotic post which you surely can't actually beleive

Jamesimus

All wrong.

Is there not a way we can have neither option!

The Philosopher

The same Max who isn't playing in anyone's side right now? Truly idiotic post which you surely can't actually beleive
I still believe. The facts are that it hasn’t worked out for Max in whatever set up he plays now, but he did ok for us as a backup.

Wr couldn’t afford to sign more players when we need / should do because Waghorn has soaked budget.

You believe whatever you want, which is clearly that Waghorn is / was better than Max and we don’t need another physical striker to stuntman for Vic.

Ok. I’m an idiot 🙄

Grendel

I still believe. The facts are that it hasn’t worked out for Max in whatever set up he plays now, but he did ok for us as a backup.

Wr couldn’t afford to sign more players when we need / should do because Waghorn has soaked budget.

You believe whatever you want, which is clearly that Waghorn is / was better than Max and we don’t need another physical striker to stuntman for Vic.

Ok. I’m an idiot 🙄

bimaou had zero physicality zero ability in the air zero pace and was awful with his back to goal.

to suggest playing him alongside Gyokeres is laughable

Grendel

When I say stuntman I mean as sub / backup not alongside.

That Max was that terrible is your opinion.

I’m not going to call you an idiot, I don’t need to.

no biamou has effectively played for one club his whole professional career and who was totally ineffective in tbe championship and barely any better in league 1

still another master plan of yours was to recruit a 6 10 Solihull reserve

Still good to chuckle over your ratings thread which rated Shipley who didn’t even play

cc84cov

bimaou had zero physicality zero ability in the air zero pace and was awful with his back to goal.

to suggest playing him alongside Gyokeres is laughable
Rather him on peanuts though than Waghorn on 40k a week G

Waghorn just doesn’t seem sharp enough or fit enough robins can’t be happy with his return

covboy1987

He’s just shit. Can’t run, can’t shoot, can’t do anything
Understand everyone's frustrating and he does look off the pace but the guy has been out for 3 or 4 months and has hardly played any football - How is he supposed to get match fit if he doesn't play - Robins constantly says he needs to get some time on the pitch into his legs - when he scores the winner in the playoff final all be forgiven

TomRad85

Rather him on peanuts though than Waghorn on 40k a week G

Waghorn just doesn’t seem sharp enough or fit enough robins can’t be happy with his return
Waghorn hasn't worked out but deary me why on earth would we still want Biamou here? It's a bizarre comparison that always has to come back around for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

cc84cov

Waghorn hasn't worked out but deary me why on earth would we still want Biamou here? It's a bizarre comparison that always has to come back around for some reason.

Even Baka offered more at least he was fit it’s been a farce he can’t be kept on next season

TomRad85

Even Baka offered more at least he was fit it’s been a farce he can’t be kept on next season
Well I always suspected Baka had more about him that Biamou, which he is showing now, but again there was absolutely no point in us keeping him around. How about, you know, someone completely different to all these terrible options?
Maybe we can move Waghorn on in the summer, if we can't and we're stuck with him on a reasonable wage it goes down as a Robins error.

cc84cov

Well I always suspected Baka had more about him that Biamou, which he is showing now, but again there was absolutely no point in us keeping him around. How about, you know, someone completely different to all these terrible options?
Maybe we can move Waghorn on in the summer, if we can't and we're stuck with him on a reasonable wage it goes down as a Robins error.

Who’s gonna take Waghorn though ? Unless he can blag a newly promoted club for a final pay day

Users who are viewing this thread