Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

VPN

Macca

Highfield Road Hero
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
10,788
Reaction score
5,553
Could someone explain to a moron whether he should get a VPN for use with a firestick? Is it easy or Will said moron have a meltdown
 
It’s super simple. Just buy one, turn it on and pick a country. Totally fool proof.

What do you need it for? If it’s IPTV on a fire stick it’s only needed if you’re having streaming issues because your internet provider slows IPTV traffic but not all do.

If you want it for iFollow that’s a different matter.
 
Think of a VPN as a way to get into a nightclub.

You might be alright without it, the bouncers will wave you in.

But you might get asked for your VPN and if you don't have one, you ain't getting in.
 
Think of a VPN as a way to get into a nightclub.

You might be alright without it, the bouncers will wave you in.

But you might get asked for your VPN and if you don't have one, you ain't getting in.

This is a terrible analogy.

Think of a VPN as a sweater. You go up and the bouncer says no so you go back and change your sweater and hope they don’t recognise you next time. But sometimes everyone chooses the same sweater and they get known as cheaters sweaters so wearing them gets you banned too and you need to find a sweater they aren’t aware of or no one else is using. And sometimes they’ll only let french or German sweaters in so you need to wear one that looks like that. Also best to buy a sweater than use one free you found on the street. Because who knows what you’ll catch.
 
It’s super simple. Just buy one, turn it on and pick a country. Totally fool proof.

What do you need it for? If it’s IPTV on a fire stick it’s only needed if you’re having streaming issues because your internet provider slows IPTV traffic but not all do.

If you want it for iFollow that’s a different matter.

No streaming issues more like whether due to the heavily discounted viewing selection it is prudent to have one 😀
 
Vpn off = You = coventry
Vpn on = you = anywhere in the world.

As far as I'm aware Internet providers put locks on their Internet when 3pm Saturday comes around, so you just click a country and done.
 
No streaming issues more like whether due to the heavily discounted viewing selection it is prudent to have one 😀

A lot of the apps have one built in I noticed for just that. Eh. I’ve been pirating for thirty years without protection and nothings happened yet *touch wood*
 
I got one last week as I got blocked couldn’t watch the match.
 
A lot of the apps have one built in I noticed for just that. Eh. I’ve been pirating for thirty years without protection and nothings happened yet *touch wood*
I got one from my ISP back in the days of Napster saying they’d been informed about some stuff, allegedly, of course.
 
I got one from my ISP back in the days of Napster saying they’d been informed about some stuff, allegedly, of course.
I'd of told them to fuck off, I'm always on vpn anyway have been since about 2009 when I was playing xbox 360 and getting "ddossed" 24/7
 
I'd of told them to fuck off, I'm always on vpn anyway have been since about 2009 when I was playing xbox 360 and getting "ddossed" 24/7
From what I remember they made it clear they weren't accusing me of anything, just letting me know that they'd been informed about it and listing the alleged date and time of the downloads. I'd only have been 17 or so, so didn't really care.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom