USSR invades Ukraine. (4 Viewers)

Grendel

Like us losing Wales and saying we are winning ..it's nonsense

there is only one person saying you are wrong on this to be fair

PVA

Like us losing Wales and saying we are winning ..it's nonsense

With respect I don't think you quite grasp the extent that Russia's army has been decimated.

If we lost Wales and our enemy lost 75% of their forces taking it and we lost 25% of our forces in the process. Are we losing?

(they're not the actual figures in Ukraine I'm just using them for arguments sake).

Evo1883

They occupy less land now than they did in March.

Are you PVA going to sit here now and say that Ukraine have the ability to expell Russia from their country ..
You have alot more faith than me , I think it's impossible

PVA

there is only one person saying you are wrong on this to be fair

Oh Mr 'Kyiv will fall in 3 days' has returned to the thread!

You've been consistently wrong about this whole event. I've been largely quite accurate in my predictions.

Evo1883

With respect I don't think you quite grasp the extent that Russia's army has been decimated.

If we lost Wales and our enemy lost 75% of their forces taking it and we lost 25% of our forces in the process. Are we losing?

(they're not the actual figures in Ukraine I'm just using them for arguments sake).

With all due respect , Russia kept going and lost the largest amount of soldiers of any nation in military history to help ensure Germany were beat .

I wouldn't take any figure being given as gospel on the numbers they have available.

PVA

Are you PVA going to sit here now and say that Ukraine have the ability to expell Russia from their country ..

Yes they have the ability. Will they do it? Who knows. It might take years, but if they keep the backing of the West then they can.

Far more likely than Russia taking the whole of Ukraine anyway.

PVA

With all due respect , Russia kept going and lost the largest amount of soldiers of any nation in military history to help ensure Germany were beat .

I wouldn't take any figure being given as gospel on the numbers they have available.

That was 80 years ago.

Soldiers knew they would be killed if they deserted.

We have huge amounts of evidence of Russian soldiers simply refusing to follow orders in this conflict.

Evo1883

Yes they have the ability. Will they do it? Who knows. It might take years, but if they keep the backing of the West then they can.

Far more likely than Russia taking the whole of Ukraine anyway.

You have alot of faith , America left the south Vietnamese to die after 8 years of promise and help .

We will say no more , I'm adamant Russia will win the war .. I don't want them too but I think its going to happen ..

Let's see

Reactions: PVA

PVA

You have alot of faith , America left the south Vietnamese to die after 8 years of promise and help .

We will say no more , I'm adamant Russia will win the war .. I don't want them too but I think its going to happen ..

Let's see

If the US back them for 8 years then yes Ukraine will win. No way Russia could withstand these losses for 8 years, simply not possible.

Let's hope they keep backing them. Russia have no answer to the HIMARS.

Evo1883

If the US back them for 8 years then yes Ukraine will win. No way Russia could withstand these losses for 8 years, simply not possible.

Let's hope they keep backing them. Russia have no answer to the HIMARS.

Just to clarify when we talk about the amount of land Russia has taken .

It's basically the entire size of England 126000 Square miles and around 22% of the whole of Ukraine united-kingdom-map.gif

Kieranp96

A few months back ? That long ?

Russia will never stop , they won't give back what they've won .. how will Ukraine ever win ? I'm not sure if they can drive Russia out of Ukraine... ever

Western powers also won't back Ukraine forever.. sorry
Ukraine are about to start attacking kherson have already pushed close to izium also. They also have troops stationed all along the front line and the border with Belarus, all it takes is a slight momentum shift and Ukraine start taking the ground back. And pretty fucking fast if you ask me. If the west stopped being pussys and send Ukraine the weapons they need and want the war would be over before next summer imo Russia will retreat from Ukraine.

PVA

I'm not denying they've taken a big chunk of land.

But again:

They hold less now than they did a few months back

They've taken devastating losses to the point where they can't advance any further.

Kieranp96

Right now it’s a million trained Ukrainians vs 75k Russians and 25k chezians I would say the Odds are in ukraines favour tbh, especially when you consider the amount of resistance in Mariupol kherson and pretty much everywhere else.

Grendel

Oh Mr 'Kyiv will fall in 3 days' has returned to the thread!

You've been consistently wrong about this whole event. I've been largely quite accurate in my predictions.

I’m not even being facetious here but have you Ukrainian heritage. You seem obsessed far more than anyone else - hardly anyone mentions this anymore unless you keep discussing it

Kieranp96

I’m not even being facetious here but have you Ukrainian heritage. You seem obsessed far more than anyone else - hardly anyone mentions this anymore unless you keep discussing it
Have you got Russian in you? You seem to act like a fucking tit. Putin muppet

Grendel

Have you got Russian in you? You seem to act like a fucking tit. Putin muppet

Well what an intelligent response.

You do realise Biden and co really don’t care about this war - Europe don’t care - and now Johnson has gone we don’t care

PVA

It's the largest European conflict in 80 years.

If 'hardly anyone mentions it anymore' then that's a bigger reflection on them than it is me.

I know you would have been happy to let Putin get on with it and wipe Ukraine off the face of the earth, but some of us are following such a momentous event more closely.

David O'Day

There was a good thread on twitter from a Major General in the Australian Army who was saying that the new longer range weaponry had allowed Ukraine to move away from a war attrition to the destroying supply lines tactic that were successful in the early days of the war. He talked about how this and the awful state of the Russian equipment was hampering and grinding to a halt any Russian advances and allowing Ukraine to advance on fronts that they want to. He also showed how the lack of success was making the Russian command structure try ever more risky tactic to attempt to get some gains and this is leading to them spunking mens lives and failing. Someone else showed how the design of Russian amour controls and the poor level of training in what is basically a conscript army means that as soon as the Russians have to improvise they are fucked as the soldiers are basically told "press these buttons and in this order" and when something else is needed aren't trained to do so.

Still what would a Major General know?

shmmeee

Going round in circles , Russia already occupies a huge area of Ukraine , if they don't progress another inch , Ukraine is a smaller weaker country and Russia win the war .. they won't leave

Ukraine not capable of getting Russia out of Ukraine without diplomacy

What makes you think any diplomatic solution agreed to by the Russians is worth the paper it’s printed on?

Kieranp96

You do realise Biden and co really don’t care about this war - Europe don’t care - and now Johnson has gone we don’t care
Not sure where you get that from, us just approved another 550m dollars eu 100m and uk will approve more later this week.

shmmeee

Well I guess thus is true as of right now

They’re trolls, shitty kids, wind up merchants. Multiple people who have known Putin says he only responds to strength. Any negotiation would be almost certainly immediately reneged on just because he can.

Either Putin needs to go, which means stretching the war and sanctions out until someone gets rid, or he needs putting in his box. I don’t see any situation where they sit down and agree. Certainly not without gains by Russia that make Ukraine worry.

I’m still guessing the plan for Russia is make it to September and fake referenda and claim chunks of the south and east. If Ukraine manage to free Kherson or similar before then then all bets are off.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Johnson didn't care either. it was a useful distraction and let him imagine he was some sort of Churchill figure.

Grendel

Not sure where you get that from, us just approved another 550m dollars eu 100m and uk will approve more later this week.

Of course as prolonging the conflict for years is ideal us foreign policy

PVA

There was a good thread on twitter from a Major General in the Australian Army who was saying that the new longer range weaponry had allowed Ukraine to move away from a war attrition to the destroying supply lines tactic that were successful in the early days of the war. He talked about how this and the awful state of the Russian equipment was hampering and grinding to a halt any Russian advances

Yes the HIMARS has totally fucked their supply lines. It's been huge for Ukraine.

Otis

I am not sure what's going to happen, but Russia won't win. Ukraine won't win either. I think it will be a small victory for Ukraine, but Russia will make a few gains and claim that was their intention all along.

Russia obviously sought regime change and a puppet government put in place, but that's not going to happen.

Best scenario is Russia make very little gain and are severely weakened as an attacking force.

Reactions: PVA

David O'Day

I am not sure what's going to happen, but Russia won't win. Ukraine won't win either. I think it will be a small victory for Ukraine, but Russia will make a few gains and claim that was their intention all along.

Russia obviously sought regime change and a puppet government put in place, but that's not going to happen.

Best scenario is Russia make very little gain and are severely weakened as an attacking force.
Are russia just going to stay there forever with their army weakened and more weakened every week or month? I can't see it, they are really struggling to resupply the equipment now.

Anyway this has disproved the myth that Russia has a great army.

Grendel

What would you rather? A terrorist country getting closer to the eu? Only way the war should end is with Russia in Russia or putin in a box, democracy always wins . Now fuck off and start abusing players after one game twat.

giphy.gif

Evo1883

Are russia just going to stay there forever with their army weakened and more weakened every week or month? I can't see it, they are really struggling to resupply the equipment now.

Anyway this has disproved the myth that Russia has a great army.

Is that how this works? I'm not sure it is ..

The United States of America, comfortably the world's greatest military power since WW2 have struggled in Vietnam against farmers , against Somalian guerrillas and against the taliban .

They dont have a shit army

What this war has proven is that Ukraine is just about keeping its head above water , against a country that has sanctions galore placed on them , whilst being backed by every Western Power possible in the process

In a direct war between Russia and Ukraine without western help it's over quite quickly isn't it ?

I'm glad we are helping them but a bit of perspective

David O'Day

Is that how this works? I'm not sure it is ..

The United States of America, comfortably the world's greatest military power since WW2 have struggled in Vietnam against farmers , against Somalian guerrillas and against the taliban .

They dont have a shit army

What this war has proven is that Ukraine is just about keeping its head above water , against a country that has sanctions galore placed on them , whilst being backed by every Western Power possible in the process

In a direct war between Russia and Ukraine without western help it's over quite quickly isn't it ?

I'm glad we are helping them but a bit of perspective

You have just proven that a weaker and smaller army can beat a bigger army by using novel tactics and playing on war fatigue?

Evo1883

You have just proven that a weaker and smaller army can beat a bigger army by using novel tactics and playing on war fatigue?

It's happened ofcourse , but let's not pretend the United States have a shit army .. was my point

Ukraine would already be over if it wasn't for western Intervention though , was my other point

David O'Day

It's happened ofcourse , but let's not pretend the United States have a shit army .. was my point

Ukraine would already be over if it wasn't for western Intervention though , was my other point

Yes but pointing out a bigger and supposedly better army can be beaten why a smaller army that people think is weaker isn't the proof that Russia will win.

If anything in this situation Russia with it's supposed strength advantage are the US and Ukraine with it's smaller force supposed weaker force but with terrain knowledge and non traditional tactics are the VC and NVA.

Users who are viewing this thread