USSR invades Ukraine. (2 Viewers)

eastwoodsdustman

I saw that the Russians are trying to rush a referendum through in Kherson. I wonder how many people they've shipped into the area to push any vote through.
I hope that the Ukrainians can get there first. I can't see them taking Crimea again at the moment though as it is too strategically important for the Russians to hold it.

shmmeee

I saw that the Russians are trying to rush a referendum through in Kherson. I wonder how many people they've shipped into the area to push any vote through.
I hope that the Ukrainians can get there first. I can't see them taking Crimea again at the moment though as it is too strategically important for the Russians to hold it.

So was Snake Island. I don’t think the Russians have got them manpower for multiple fronts without mobilising the country. Pushing on to Crimea would make them have to pull back from Donbas I reckon.

eastwoodsdustman

So was Snake Island. I don’t think the Russians have got them manpower for multiple fronts without mobilising the country. Pushing on to Crimea would make them have to pull back from Donbas I reckon.
Possibly, but given the choice I think they'd rather keep Crimea as it gives them some control of the sea in the area. Having said that, They're shit scared of committing their warships to within striking range now after the last cruiser got sunk.

Kieranp96

Possibly, but given the choice I think they'd rather keep Crimea as it gives them some control of the sea in the area. Having said that, They're shit scared of committing their warships to within striking range now after the last cruiser got sunk.
That and there was rumours of the us giving Ukraine 300km missiles for the himars and they pulled the fleet back almost instantly 😂. I would love for Ukraine to get these missiles it would flip the war into ukraines favour even more than what it is now

Flying Fokker

A fly on the wall film of a Russian invader. Personal video of home life, mobilisation and footage of his tank squad.

Last edited:

shmmeee

God I hope there’s a plan to get food and aid into Kherson or it gets taken quickly, the Russians will have no qualms about leaving everyone to starve while they hold off the offensive.

Such a massive operation though, really could turn the war if they pull it off.

PVA

God I hope there’s a plan to get food and aid into Kherson or it gets taken quickly, the Russians will have no qualms about leaving everyone to starve while they hold off the offensive.

Such a massive operation though, really could turn the war if they pull it off.

They have been instructing citizens to evacuate Kherson for a few weeks.

No idea how many actually did (or if Russia even allowed it).

Brighton Sky Blue

Odd comments from Macron

Away from the battelfield now, French President Emmanuel Macron has hit out at "the hypocrisy [of some countries], particularly on the African continent" over failing to condemn Russia for its invasion of Ukraine.

Speaking on a tour of West and Central Africa at the same time as Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov was on a diplomatic tour of another part of the continent, Macron branded Russia "one of the last imperial colonial powers" for its attack on its neighbour.

"Russia launched an offensive against Ukraine. It's a territorial war, the likes of which we thought had disappeared from European soil. It's a war from the early 20th, even the 19th century," Macron said at a press conference in Benin.

He also accused Russia of spreading disinformation and using energy and food as tools in a "new type of hybrid world war".

And in Cameroon, standing next to the country's president, Paul Biya, Macron said that African leaders had too often failed "to call a war a war, and say who started it", according to the New York Times.

Many African countries have held back from outright criticism of Russia's aggression in Ukraine and kept a neutral position on the conflict.

In March, 17 African countries abstained in a UN vote to condemn the invasion.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not overly odd although Africa might not be able to say what they think due to Russian/China involvement and influence. He should throw India in the mix though, profiteering from everyone else’s pain

Well I think from the perspective of countries who were colonised, ie virtually all of them, it seems odd from a former coloniser to go ‘come on call it out’.

shmmeee

Interesting paper on Russias economic forecast:

tl;dr: Russias economy is fucked until sanctions are removed.

skybluegod

1) Surely the stadiums are going to be targeted?
2) If not. Why would they even do this unless the war wasn't that bad then?

This is all a bit bizarre.

Targeting stadiums would be outright against Law of armed conflict, and would be impossible to even try and justify. Although they have almost certainly commited war crimes and breached LOAC previously there has been at least a suggestion previous targets were being used for military purposes.

Kieranp96

Yeah there's zero chance they can take another country. The army is ruined for a decade or more.
For sure, thing is Ukraine has massive losses aswell Ofcourse it’s a war but Ukraine has like 1million trained personal now (not fully but enough) so They could through them at Russia and the Russians would run I’m sure but let’s not sacrifice kids

PVA

Russia have barely taken an inch of ground for the last month or so. Many soldiers refusing orders to attack - I saw one quote that said "After five months of wasting lives, the RF military is basically out of people willing to die attacking UAF positions."

Totally ground to a halt.

Despite people saying a couple of months ago the momentum had shifted and they were about to plough through Donbas.

Last edited:

Evo1883

Ukraine does have the 2nd biggest army in the Eastern bloc , its also if I'm not mistaken one of the biggest countries in Europe, Russia aren't fighting San Marino...but they will still win the war

PVA

Ukraine does have the 2nd biggest army in the Eastern bloc , its also if I'm not mistaken one of the biggest countries in Europe, Russia aren't fighting San Marino...but they will still win the war

Can you explain how/why you think they will win the war?

Not having a pop, just curious.

A few months back you said they were about to take Donbas and they've made no progress since.

Evo1883

Can you explain how/why you think they will win the war?

Not having a pop, just curious.

A few months back you said they were about to take Donbas and they've made no progress since.

A few months back ? That long ?

Russia will never stop , they won't give back what they've won .. how will Ukraine ever win ? I'm not sure if they can drive Russia out of Ukraine... ever

Western powers also won't back Ukraine forever.. sorry

PVA

A few months back ? That long ?

Russia will never surrender , they won't give back what they've won .. how will Ukraine ever win ? I'm not sure if they can drive Russia out of Ukraine... ever

Yes I think it was around May time.

But that's the thing - they have stopped! They've made little to no progress since.

Ukraine will never surrender either. They have a constant supply of arms from the west, Russia are resorting to tanks and missiles and other equipment that's 60 years old.

The HIMARS have made a MASSIVE difference.

I don't see how Russia can win from here.

Evo1883

Yes I think it was around May time. They've made little to no progress since.

Ukraine will never surrender either. They have a constant supply of arms from the west, Russia are resorting to tanks and missiles and other equipment that's 60 years old.

The HIMARS have made a MASSIVE difference.

I don't see how Russia can win from here.

3 days apart , Ukraine now totally reliant on the west FZLe5-0X0AISo4o.jpeg
Screenshot_20220802-204935_Chrome.jpg

Evo1883

Ukraine won't win this war , in the end the Americans left the south Vietnamese in the shit , why would Ukraine be different ?

PVA

Of course he's going to say that, he wants more supplies and weapons!

As I said, the HIMARS have been a total gamechanger and have stopped Russia's advance in its tracks.

Evo1883

Of course he's going to say that, he wants more supplies and weapons!

As I said, the HIMARS have been a total gamechanger and have stopped Russia's advance in its tracks.

Read post above , their support won't last forever .. this war needs to end sooner rather than later through diplomatic negotiations

Not sure how many times I've said this tbh

Evo1883

Going round in circles , Russia already occupies a huge area of Ukraine , if they don't progress another inch , Ukraine is a smaller weaker country and Russia win the war .. they won't leave

Ukraine not capable of getting Russia out of Ukraine without diplomacy

PVA

Going round in circles , Russia already occupies a huge area of Ukraine , if they don't progress another inch , Ukraine is a smaller weaker country and Russia win the war .. they won't leave

Ukraine not capable of getting Russia out of Ukraine without diplomacy

They occupy less land now than they did in March.

Users who are viewing this thread