Upcoming Changes At The Ricoh (1 Viewer)

Moff

Like it or not Wasps are doing a fantastic marketing job, in fact just like CCFC should have been doing. They are leaving nothing to chance
in making sure the their fans enjoy the Ricoh experience,making sure they will want to return. This should all of been for CCFC's benefit,
but we all know that (pity our owners didn't recognise it).

With marketing like that Wasps will rapidly climb to the very top of the Rugby Union world.

You cant be gauging opinion correctly Fred as people like Italia and Dongo quote all the excited people wanting to watch a Premiership Rugby team, so the Ricoh experience is certainly low on the reasons they would go. Lets face it you could make it as enjoyable to visit the stadium as you like but if the quality on the pitch is poor people will soon stay away.

Oh and big crowds and all the revenue streams (although filling your crowd with free tickets doesn't help that cause and lets see how big their attendances are next season) doesn't equate to success in Rugby. They will live under the same salary cap all the other teams do at present, its just that they aren't very good and so top players go to better clubs like the Saints or the Tigers.

Como

If you are Ricoh or Wonga I expect that you will be more interested and pay more with Wasps than without. Or anybody else looking to link themselves.

Moff

successful marketing produces huge income which in turn enables the improvement of the end product.
in CCFC's case that means money to invest in players who are good enough to improve our current
diabolical performances into winning ones.The major effect this has is crowd numbers turning up
to support,they increase and so does the revenue which means even more money for squad improvement.

Now I could go on and on but i'm sure that even your's and Grendels mind can understand the points made.

You could go on, but you obviously dont know about the salary cap and financial rules in Rugby, so you would be barking up the wrong tree.

Grendel

successful marketing produces huge income which in turn enables the improvement of the end product.
in CCFC's case that means money to invest in players who are good enough to improve our current
diabolical performances into winning ones.The major effect this has is crowd numbers turning up
to support,they increase and so does the revenue which means even more money for squad improvement.

Now I could go on and on but i'm sure that even your's and Grendels mind can understand the points made.

You are actually talking rubbish - crowd numbers are measured by success - unless of course you are saying sisu's pricing and marketing strategy in attracting 27,000 to watch a league one game televised and on a Friday night a master stroke in marketing.

torchomatic

skybluefred

You cant be gauging opinion correctly Fred as people like Italia and Dongo quote all the excited people wanting to watch a Premiership Rugby team, so the Ricoh experience is certainly low on the reasons they would go. Lets face it you could make it as enjoyable to visit the stadium as you like but if the quality on the pitch is poor people will soon stay away.

Oh and big crowds and all the revenue streams (although filling your crowd with free tickets doesn't help that cause and lets see how big their attendances are next season) doesn't equate to success in Rugby. They will live under the same salary cap all the other teams do at present, its just that they aren't very good and so top players go to better clubs like the Saints or the Tigers.

Neither of us know Moff so lets just wait and see.

Grendel

It works for me ;)

Well deception worked for you if you were actually telling the truth. You bought tickets on a night when someone posted that only a handful of tickets were left when actually only a handful had been sold.

Moff

Neither of us know Moff so lets just wait and see.

Fair do's Fred.

I hate the fact I want a team to desperately fail, one I didn't have any feelings for until a few weeks ago, but I really want Wasps to fall flat on their faces, and I want that bitch Lucas to answer for it.

Astute

Does it? I don't think so

You have said enough times that we need our own stadium. You say that the money would be invested in our squad So are you now saying that marketing wouldn't be needed?

James Smith

I don't think CCFC before SISU and during SISU have had access or would have been able to do a lot of that anyway would they even if they wanted to?

I don't doubt Wasps have better marketing, it really wouldn't be hard though would it? :)

Did we ever ask?

skybluetony176

I agree, we simply cannot stay at the Ricoh now. Once the seats get changed and our badge taken down it's going to be humiliating.

Look on the bright side. The Garlic stadium group will be happy. They'd decided that the way forward was different coloured seats and if IIRC Timmy championed it so it's a win for SISU too, they have someone else to pick up the tab. Everyone's a winner.

Ian1779

Like it or not Wasps are doing a fantastic marketing job, in fact just like CCFC should have been doing. They are leaving nothing to chance
in making sure the their fans enjoy the Ricoh experience,making sure they will want to return. This should all of been for CCFC's benefit,
but we all know that (pity our owners didn't recognise it).

With marketing like that Wasps will rapidly climb to the very top of the Rugby Union world.

It's easy to promise the world when you own the company that can deliver the changes.

Here's a quick question.... a simple marketing and business one.

Would you pay money to market a service or product that you do not control or make not one penny from?

letsallsingtogether

Does it? I don't think so

Apparently so?

SP said at the Trust meeting that they couldn't get the players they wanted in the close season because they had to market the Club in Northampton?

Thinks he would have got his first choice players if they had been at the Ricoh?

Ian1779

Was there any actual evidence that whilst in Northampton Sisu/CCFC really did this?

Not that I was aware of. Normal route would be through schools possibly and as I work in one I know we were never approached. Some of the kids I taught actually paid to watch CCFC as at the time the price was good and we were playing good football (before Xmas last year)

Citysince47

What are the egg chasers going to do with my gold brick.? When it was bought by my children it was to live forever in the home of my football team. As the local council have now flogged that home of to a bunch of interlopers I WANT IT BACK.

olderskyblue

You are actually talking rubbish - crowd numbers are measured by success - unless of course you are saying sisu's pricing and marketing strategy in attracting 27,000 to watch a league one game televised and on a Friday night a master stroke in marketing.

That's true, The marketing for that game was done by all the supporters who fought against the move to sixfields, all those that wanted CCFC back to the Ricoh. SISU's marketing was up to its normal standard. Success of the team ? I must have missed that bit....

letsallsingtogether

That's true, The marketing for that game was done by all the supporters who fought against the move to sixfields, all those that wanted CCFC back to the Ricoh. SISU's marketing was up to its normal standard. Success of the team ? I must have missed that bit....

They had no time for marketing good job really couldn't even get printing out the tickets right.

We will be fucked if the crowd does ever go up they would have to employ and pay for another employee.

Chez78

It's all just very depressing really, all the things wasps are doing is what any good owner with serious aspirations would do if they purchased the arena. Let's be honest the reason we are all so pissed off is because our terrible owners didn't do it and have now had their bluff called and well and truly screwed the club for the future.

Don't worry though we are cash flow positive, have one of the best young managers in the country, tied him down to four years to secure the stability and to top it off we have our own NEW state of the art stadium to look forward to. At the end of the day this is all just standard business practice and part of the three/four/seven plan.

pusbccfc

Just been back over to the Wasps forum.

It seems as if there will obviously be added branding for their club. Also that a lot of the venue will be neutral due to other events. Now if we had purchased a stadium, I wouldn't want as much branding as we currently have on there.

I still believe that next summer they will be aiming to change at least one stand of seats, despite the cost, it will look awful for them. When we play in an empty Ricoh at least it is sky blue, this won't be the case with the Wasps.

Terry Gibson's perm

1) With regards to the planning permission for the Joy bowl has it ever been stated by the council that they would refuse
2) Is there a piece of land big enough in Coventry for the stadium if they could get planning
3) The current deal the club has with ACL is 2 years + 2 who holds the option (could they throw us out to put in a 3G pitch)

The answers may be out there already but no sure where to look.

quinn1971

1) With regards to the planning permission for the Joy bowl has it ever been stated by the council that they would refuse
2) Is there a piece of land big enough in Coventry for the stadium if they could get planning
3) The current deal the club has with ACL is 2 years + 2 who holds the option (could they throw us out to put in a 3G pitch)

new ground won't be in coventry, sisu won't want anything to do with cov council again.

Brighton Sky Blue

How big is Sowe Common?

Astute

new ground won't be in coventry, sisu won't want anything to do with cov council again.

More like just another excuse not to build a stadium.

And it is more like nobody wants to deal with SISU than the other way round. Is there anyone on here that would trust them with anything?

Users who are viewing this thread