Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Upcoming Changes At The Ricoh

Wasps will never be a Coventry team. Just a bunch of franchise cockney wankers.

Give it a couple of years and I can certainly see "Warwickshire Wasps"

It's the missing link for us Bedworth lads.;)
 
Last edited:
Blimey, they were formed in 1867 and Wasps is their original name? I assumed they were fairly young and chose some kind of schmancy modern name that sounds fearsome.
 
Who was it who suggested the Jimmy Hill statue should be replaced with one of Lawrence Dallaglio dealing cocaine? Genius. Of course, as rugby types never tire telling us, it's a game with much higher moral and ethical standards.
 
Who was it who suggested the Jimmy Hill statue should be replaced with one of Lawrence Dallaglio dealing cocaine? Genius. Of course, as rugby types never tire telling us, it's a game with much higher moral and ethical standards.

On the day Jimmy was at the Ricoh for the unavailing of his statue, I am sure none of us ever thought that it may have to be moved.
 
Shuttle busses from Warwick Parkway to the Ricoh - I understand the need but that 15 mile Journey on a busy matchday will take ages. I'm not anti WASPS but all this news is further confirming our demise and if we were ever to have any local derbies again we would be the source of much ridicule from opposition fans. Wow this is depressing.
 
Shuttle busses from Warwick Parkway to the Ricoh - I understand the need but that 15 mile Journey on a busy matchday will take ages.

Especially if they're still fixing the Whitley flyover, and Tollbar's still a mess!
 
It's definitely "take a look at what you could have won"

This is a major SISU fuck up that it ever got to the stage where this could happen. They never even came close to making ownership of the Ricoh happen. What a complete waste of time their ownership has been. An ever growing turnover of managers, players and directors each one worse than the last, relegation, administration, points deductions, transfer embargoes, shipping us of to Suxfields and more debt than ever is all they've achieved. It's all ACL'S, CCC's, Higgs abd the judges fault though. Oh wait, I've always said SISU shoulder some of the blame. Absolute bollocks, anyone spouting that line should have a serious word with themselves and have a long look at their list of achievements above.
 
Shuttle busses from Warwick Parkway to the Ricoh - I understand the need but that 15 mile Journey on a busy matchday will take ages. I'm not anti WASPS but all this news is further confirming our demise and if we were ever to have any local derbies again we would be the source of much ridicule from opposition fans. Wow this is depressing.

I am anti wasps and come to the same view! I can see some people reverting to away games only not cos of a boycott/principle but to avoid what a depressing experience watching ccfc playing home games in someone else's home looks like it'll be
 
Michael what is even more depressing is the number of fans turning their back on the club, die hard fans telling me that we are finished it was good while it lasted but that's it for them.
 
I am anti wasps and come to the same view! I can see some people reverting to away games only not cos of a boycott/principle but to avoid what a depressing experience watching ccfc playing home games in someone else's home looks like it'll be

At least we are playing in a stadium in Coventry for the foreseeable future.

Not going to bother me too much. Will still renew my season ticket and will therefore stll sit in the seat I have always sat in.
 
It's definitely "take a look at what you could have won"

This is a major SISU fuck up that it ever got to the stage where this could happen. They never even came close to making ownership of the Ricoh happen. What a complete waste of time their ownership has been. An ever growing turnover of managers, players and directors each one worse than the last, relegation, administration, points deductions, transfer embargoes, shipping us of to Suxfields and more debt than ever is all they've achieved. It's all ACL'S, CCC's, Higgs abd the judges fault though. Oh wait, I've always said SISU shoulder some of the blame. Absolute bollocks, anyone spouting that line should have a serious word with themselves and have a long look at their list of achievements above.

Completely agree. When I see how SISU has squandered our future out of pure greed and stupidity, I just get angry. It's a pathetic orghanisation.
 
So it's starting already, thought they might at least make an attempt to make it look like they're not shitting all over us.



:jerkit:

tbh, realistically, they'd be morons not to.

The lack of identification with us hasn't helped us while we were there, same will apply for Wasps.

From their POV beyond the lip service, they probably need to get to changing things ASAP... including the seats.
 
To think I thought the car journey home from Sutton Utd in 89 was as low as it could get. I sit near Richard from Bedworth who used to call in after every game, tried to engage him in a meaningful discussion at HT on Saturday but he got too upset and stormed off - a bizarre reaction but with both off and on field matters at their lowest point, I won't be getting an ST next season just because it so depressing up their. Guy moved on Saturday stating that a load of fans he sat near were too negative, its a morgue and its not much fun at the moment.
 
It has never been so apparent that we cannot stay at the Ricoh long term, such is the utter humiliation of playing somewhere which is so patently not your own. Build a basic 15-20k stadium elsewhere with the option to quickly expand-there is no future for us as the workers in the Wasps nest.
 
It has never been so apparent that we cannot stay at the Ricoh long term, such is the utter humiliation of playing somewhere which is so patently not your own. Build a basic 15-20k stadium elsewhere with the option to quickly expand-there is no future for us as the workers in the Wasps nest.

I agree, we simply cannot stay at the Ricoh now. Once the seats get changed and our badge taken down it's going to be humiliating.
 
I agree, we simply cannot stay at the Ricoh now. Once the seats get changed and our badge taken down it's going to be humiliating.

Can't help but get angry each time I think about this-the place was built for CCFC and a rugby franchise has muscled in with the aid of our own council. If CCC have a shred of credibility left they will not obstruct us building a new ground within their jurisdiction.

The people of Coventry in favour of this are the same who walk around in Chelsea shirts and don't give a shit about the city's own clubs. I guess they have quite a lot in common with their councillors in that regard.
 
I agree, we simply cannot stay at the Ricoh now. Once the seats get changed and our badge taken down it's going to be humiliating.

Asked Tim that question on Saturday he said why would they change the seats at a cost of 1/2 million not in their budget also asked him about the away shirts he said that as far as they know there is only One?
 
Asked Tim that question on Saturday he said why would they change the seats at a cost of 1/2 million not in their budget also asked him about the away shirts he said that as far as they know there is only One?

Well tbh if he can't see why, that's yet more evidence how our club has little idea how to engage its fanbase!

IMO of course ;)
 
I agree, we simply cannot stay at the Ricoh now. Once the seats get changed and our badge taken down it's going to be humiliating.


It is humilating, but they would be daft not to do it. Remember Sisu have said we are NOT staying. We have shown no desire to stay, so why should the seats remain sky blue?

If we said we were staying it would be different perhaps, but if I were Wasps I would change everything and do it now.
 
Asked Tim that question on Saturday he said why would they change the seats at a cost of 1/2 million not in their budget also asked him about the away shirts he said that as far as they know there is only One?

You now believe Fisher then?

I find it hard to accept that Wasps are going to keep sky blue seats branded with ccfc.
 
It is humilating, but they would be daft not to do it. Remember Sisu have said we are NOT staying. We have shown no desire to stay, so why should the seats remain sky blue?

If we said we were staying it would be different perhaps, but if I were Wasps I would change everything and do it now.

I would do as well if I was them, it's their stadium, not ours and never will be. Why would it be differentbif we were staying? They couldn't care less about ccfc.
 
Some of the comments sound Wingy to say the least. Sounds like they are doing it right.
 
Just about to mention the same thing. He's believed or not believed as it suits.

You now believe Fisher then?

I find it hard to accept that Wasps are going to keep sky blue seats branded with ccfc.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom