U18/U21 Development Thread (2 Viewers)

SBchimp

Couple of very decent games tomorrow at the Higgs.

11:30 Under 16s v Everton
12:00 under 18s v Fulham

Tough tests for both age groups.

SBchimp

If you go on the club website on the fixtures you can add under 18s and 23s fixtures to your calendar

Leamington Pete

Not seen it mentioned anywhere but City were back at Villa on Monday playing their under 23s again, not our first team as such this time but still seemed like quite a strong squad including Jack Grimmer, Shipley, Ponticelli and Allassani. Lost 2-0 to two second half goals.

Last edited:

SBchimp

upload_2018-8-11_14-8-26.jpeg

Last season it took ten games to register a win this season we kick off with a 2-1 victory away at Hull City. A great result for the 18s with a couple of players being rested for Monday’s 23s game at Leeds.
Under 16 Will Bapaga and Blaine Rowe with the Sky Blues goals.

The under 16s with a 2-0 victory as well

SlowerThanPlatt

View attachment 10329

Last season it took ten games to register a win this season we kick off with a 2-1 victory away at Hull City. A great result for the 18s with a couple of players being rested for Monday’s 23s game at Leeds.
Under 16 Will Bapaga and Blaine Rowe with the Sky Blues goals.

The under 16s with a 2-0 victory as well

The U16 group looks strong with some of the better players playing in the 18s and still winning? Bapaga must be impressing the right people - was signed by Rio Ferdinand’s agency last season and playing and scoring up the age groups this

SlowerThanPlatt

First U23 game tomorrow against Leeds. 7pm

U23s:

GK:
Corey Addai

DEF:
Jordon Thompson
Morgan Williams
Reece Ford
Lewis Green
Jak Hickman
Chris Camwell
Sam McCallum

MID:
Kyle Finn (out on loan)
Bouwe Bosma (out on loan)
Callum Maycock (out on loan)
Josh Eccles
Billy Stedman
Zain Westbrooke

FWD:
Reise Allassani
Dexter Walters

U18s likely to play in U23s:
Jack Burroughs MID (U18)
Jonathan Ngandu FWD (U17)

shmmeee

Camwell at CB. Interesting. Is that because Thompson is with the first team? Suggests a lack of cover there assuming he hasn't had a position change.

Allassani up front implies it's form not fitness with him as well. Disappointing.

Nick

Administrator
Camwell at CB. Interesting. Is that because Thompson is with the first team? Suggests a lack of cover there assuming he hasn't had a position change.

Allassani up front implies it's form not fitness with him as well. Disappointing.
He played there against Nuneaton too.

wingy

He played there against Nuneaton too.
They've just took at least one LB in haven't they ?I reckon he's cooked it here and down the order .
Really hoping he pulls it round but it looks like he may have blown it here.
Gutted, so promising a couple of years back .:-(

SlowerThanPlatt

They've just took at least one LB in haven't they ?I reckon he's cooked it here and down the order .
Really hoping he pulls it round but it looks like he may have blown it here.
Gutted, so promising a couple of years back .:-(

Someone posted on here that he got done for drink driving before the play off final, no idea whether it’s true. As with most rumours you see on the internet, take it with a pinch of salt

On that subject though I liked this interview Barton did on what it takes and what sacrifices you need to make to make a living out of the game for Mike Calvin’s documentary No Hunger in Paradise which was aired on BT Sport a few months back. The whole things worth a watch if you can find it online

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

U18s lost 3-2 to Crewe yesterday. Crewe scored the winner in added time - Blaine Rowe and Lewis White scored Cov goals. U16s George Burroughs and William Bapaga started. No Ngandu again so I think he’s pretty much gonna skip the U18s and play 23s all season, proabably play Youth Cup though

The U23s play Burnley at the Ricoh tomorrow with a 1pm kick off

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

U18s lost 3-2 to Crewe yesterday. Crewe scored the winner in added time - Blaine Rowe and Lewis White scored Cov goals. U16s George Burroughs and William Bapaga started. No Ngandu again so I think he’s pretty much gonna skip the U18s and play 23s all season, proabably play Youth Cup though

The U23s play Burnley at the Ricoh tomorrow with a 1pm kick off

Who are the right sided players in the academy? I've looked at the profiles and we seem to have at least three LB (Fixter, Whitmore, Martin) plus Endall who can cover there and McCallum who is technically available for them too. But no RB. In fact the only right sided player I can see is Lautaru who down as a striker who can play RM. Also seems to be a lot of AM/F.

Corrado

ADDAI
FORD WILLIAMS CAMWELL
HICKMAN MCCALLUM
WESTBROOKE ECCLES
JONES ALLASSANI
JCH

Last edited:

Winny the Bish

Front three of Jodi - JCH - Allassani for the U23s today.

That could easily be the first team's forward line a couple months time. Looking forward to seeing what they can do.

SlowerThanPlatt

Cov U15s 4-3 Villa earlier this week

U18s lost 2-1 to Burnley on Saturday. Again conceding the winner in the last minute for second week running. Jack Burroughs scored. Next game at home to Sheffield United on Saturday

U23s v Sheffield Wednesday 1pm AHC on Monday

SlowerThanPlatt

U18s 0-0 Sheffield United

Bit of a stat. First 0-0 draw at U18 level since 2013/14. Possibly even longer but the site I use doesn’t have the data from before then

U23s v Sheffield Wednesday 1pm. Hopefully Liam Kelly will play as we need him back in the squad

SlowerThanPlatt

Believe we’ve signed a new player called David Bremang. He was on the bench when we played Burnley at the Ricoh & was in the family zone on Saturday. Little info on him but think he’s an attacking midfielder/striker and was playing with Conquest Academy in London - Chris Badlan follows them so that seems to be the link

It makes sense if he’s a striker because we don’t have an ‘U23’ one

Users who are viewing this thread