U18/U21 Development Thread (1 Viewer)

Otis

Give him a pay rise. Devon that is.

That would have made Monday better if he was on the bench to come on and snap somebody. Liven it up
Errmmm... am I reading that wrong?

I read that as Devon went off injured after a bad tackle and the other bloke got the red card.

Is that not right?

Nick

Administrator
Errmmm... am I reading that wrong?

I read that as Devon went off injured after a bad tackle and the other bloke got the red card.

Is that not right?
You are right, I've re read it. Dion should have cleaned the bloke out.

Mucca Mad Boys

Found it!!! !!!!

Does that mean he’s under contract till 2019 or 2018? Because 2 years from the tweet would be November 2018!

I really hope the telegraph is right for once, and his contract is till 2019 with an option to take it to 2020!

shmmeee

Does that mean he’s under contract till 2019 or 2018? Because 2 years from the tweet would be November 2018!

I really hope the telegraph is right for once, and his contract is till 2019 with an option to take it to 2020!

I can’t remember a player ever having a contract until November so you’d hope it’s January at the very least. Usually renewals run to the end of a season.

wingy

It's clear as Mud, but he signed it in the January.

Mucca Mad Boys

It's clear as Mud, but he signed it in the January.

I don’t like the ambiguity! Attempting to apply some common sense, you’d think it was an extension on his contract which I assume would’ve expired at the end of the 2016/17 season. So that would mean it would expire at the end of of 18/19 season. Most youth contracts have a year option too, don’t they? So either way if it ends this summer or next, we could still extend it? I’d like to think the Telegraph would be 100% certain in publishing his contract being until 2019 with a +1 year option.

But, we’re Coventry and we don’t do common sense that well.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

U15 player William Bapaga has been signed up by Rio Ferdinand’s agency - New Era Global Sports.

This sets a worrying precedent for youth football. A player who’s in year 10 being signed. I’ve heard he’s an outstanding player for his age however don’t understand why he needs to be represented by someone at that age and why they feel the need to publicise it.

FA rules state this:

The curent FA rules are that no football agent can sign any player under the age of 16. Between the ages of 16 and 18 years the signing of a player must be via the parent or guardian.

However it seems the top Premier League clubs want to change this, article from 2016: Top Premier League clubs lobbying FA to make it easier to sign young teenage prospects

Otis

Another game to be had today isn't there.

Be very, very interesting to see what the line-up is and if anyone can force their way into the side for Cheltenham on Saturday.

Also to see if anyone from Tuesday is dropped and forced to play in this instead.

Otis

Anyone going up today? It's at the Ricoh, 2pm.

Really want to go, but my mum is having an operation and am waiting for the hospital to ring to pick her up.

That shouldn't be until about 4pm, but not sure if it is wise to risk it.

Nick

Administrator
It says "Admission and car parking both free for the 2pm kick-off" so I assume at the ground.

Take SW88's job for the day :)

Nick

Administrator
Sky Blues Xl: Corey Addai, Dion Kelly-Evans, Trialist, Jordon Thompson, Chris Camwell, Callum Maycock (C), Josh Eccles, Jordan Maguire-Drew, Kyle Finn, Devon Kelly-Evans, Trialist.

Subs: Lewis Green, Jack Burroughs, Bilal Sayoud, Josh Endall.

JMD back in the fold to win us promotion with a free kick!

SlowerThanPlatt

Guessing the trialists are the ones who played on Monday. Mickleover centre-back Morgan Williams and Wigan striker Mwiya Malumo. Also, from the teams over recent weeks I think Billy Stedman, Josh Eccles and Lewis Green are the ones who have been offered professional contracts

Otis

Not going to be able to make it unfortunately. Wife needs the car for an hour or so.

Notice no Beavon back. How long are you usually out with concussion?

Otis

Guessing the trialists are the ones who played on Monday. Mickleover centre-back Morgan Williams and Wigan striker Mwiya Malumo. Also, from the teams over recent weeks I think Billy Stedman, Josh Eccles and Lewis Green are the ones who have been offered professional contracts
Has Kyle Finn another year of his contract to run?

Users who are viewing this thread