Tyler walker (1 Viewer)

I was impressed with Walker against Blackpool, him and Gyokeres seemed to have glimpses of an excellent partnership, good work rate and reactions too. Let’s hope all 3 can still sharp for the rest of the season :)

PVA

Walker played well yesterday, some good link up play and Vik really should have played him in for an easy chance.

But Godden does what Godden does and scores goals. He's apparently had a rubbish season yet is still scoring at a good rate.

Grendel

Walker played well yesterday, some good link up play and Vik really should have played him in for an easy chance.

But Godden does what Godden does and scores goals. He's apparently had a rubbish season yet is still scoring at a good rate.

3 outfield goals this season is it?

Grendel

I don't remember him playing in goal at all, nevermind scoring while playing in goal.

I guess you’d have Ray Stewart in the team as a 1 in 5 scorer

Grendel

I believe he means open play, alas he is semi-literate and said "outfield".

the fact you and PVA are forming an alliance is genuinely brilliant

slowpoke

Grendel has to have a someone to slag off, remember Jackett for Robins, you should all know that, don’t bite

Grendel

Grendel has to have a someone to slag off, remember Jackett for Robins, you should all know that, don’t bite

I do see why you changed your identity (again) as you wanted to keep biamou ahead of Gyokeres

You’ve made a lot of promises Rupert about our new owner and big investment - let’s see

Evo1883

I guess you’d have Ray Stewart in the team as a 1 in 5 scorer

1 in 5 ?

Walker has 1 in 14 using your logic , fact is matty godden has just over a 1 in 3 this season .. and a goal every 2.5 games in the championship for us .

Not sure what you're alluding to here

Our fans talk absolute bollocks about godden on here .. FACT

Grendel

1 in 5 ?

Walker has 1 in 14 using your logic , fact is matty godden has just over a 1 in 3 this season .. and a goal every 2.5 games in the championship for us .

Not sure what you're alluding to here

Stewart scored 74 goals in around 360 games for West Ham

Evo1883

Stewart scored 74 goals in around 360 games for West Ham

But godden isn't a 1 in 5 striker here , just seems a random thing to say

Walker is , if we are going off appearances, it's 1 in almost 7 , but again that's not really fair on him

Grendel

But godden isn't a 1 in 5 striker here , just seems a random thing to say

Walker is , if we are going off appearances, it's 1 in almost 7 , but again that's not really fair on him

Ray Stewart was a full back

Grendel

Evo1883

He converted over 70 penalties - take goddens penalties away

He's scored 17 non penalty championship goals .. which still has him at a better goalscoring rate than tyler walker in the championship for us ..

Again though , I didn't have you down as somebody who doesn't count penalties , which earn us points .. as genuine goals?

Do you like Harry kane , Lionel Messi or Alan shearer ? Do/did their penalties count

Grendel

He's scored 17 non penalty championship goals .. which still has him at a better goalscoring rate than tyler walker in the championship for us ..

Again though , I didn't have you down as somebody who doesn't count penalties , which earn us points .. as genuine goals?

Do you like Harry kane , Lionel Messi or Alan shearer ? Do/did their penalties count

Of course they count but it’s irrelevant as a centre forward ability in open play

Evo1883

Of course they count but it’s irrelevant as a centre forward ability in open play

Right , so as I've stated his open play goal record is still better than walkers .. including minutes per goal ..

Godden has a record of a goal every 257 minutes from open play in the championship ... better than a 1 in 3

His overall record is 24 goals in 69 games or a goal every 182 minutes .

Pretty good for somebody who offers very little

His OVERALL record here of 39 goals in 104 games , has him at a goal every 177 minutes .. better than a goal every 2 games ..shocking

Evo1883

I'd just like to point out how mental the godden argument is

Ben Brereton, a top forward at this level , a player I'd love to see here and I'm sure we all would , a player who is better than godden ability wise ...has an open play goal record at Blackburn of 45 in 168 at blackburn , an open play ratio of a goal every 268 minutes ..

End of discussion , some really should give godden a break

fernandopartridge

I'd just like to point out how mental the godden argument is

Ben Brereton, a top forward at this level , a player I'd love to see here and I'm sure we all would , a player who is better than godden ability wise ...has an open play goal record at Blackburn of 45 in 168 at blackburn , an open play ratio of a goal every 268 minutes ..

End of discussion , some really should give godden a break
I think you're being over sensitive to a bit of mild criticism over his comparative lack of impact this season. I'm glad he's scored a couple and long may it continue.

stupot07

To be fair, Bereton has played left of a front 3 this season and not as a centre forward.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Matt smith

Godden in my opinion is a good squad player and does score goals but he needs service otherwise he’s pretty quiet in games whereas vik creates for himself

godden is ok and does score big goals to be fair to him, but he can have games where he’s pretty subdued

I think we play better with one upfront

PVA

Godden in my opinion is a good squad player and does score goals but he needs service otherwise he’s pretty quiet in games whereas vik creates for himself

godden is ok and does score big goals to be fair to him, but he can have games where he’s pretty subdued

I think we play better with one upfront

The very vast majority of strikers need service though, Gyokeres is a total outlier in being able to create for himself, a bit of a freak really.

Matt smith

The very vast majority of strikers need service though, Gyokeres is a total outlier in being able to create for himself, a bit of a freak really.
Yeah fair comment mate

don’t get me wrong I’d keep godden he’s a goal scorer and robins loves him

playing next to vik you are going to look inferior to be fair

Reactions: PVA

PVA

Yeah fair comment mate

don’t get me wrong I’d keep godden he’s a goal scorer and robins loves him

playing next to vik you are going to look inferior to be fair

Yeah he does sometimes look a little bit of a passenger for periods of a game, but when gets service he gets goals, no denying that. And yep Robins loves him as you say.

slowpoke

Is it hate ? Personally I think he is third in line in our current strike force but if Robins decides to play him that’s fair enough, I hope we have a better option for next season to partner Vik than him and Matt Godden, essential imo.

Users who are viewing this thread