Tyler walker (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

His future doesn't appear to be coventry city , but at just 26 years old you'd imagine still has lots to offer somebody but at what level ?

What level do people see the lad playing at ?

Sad it's not really worked out for him here

NorthernWisdom

His future doesn't appear to be coventry city , but at just 26 years old you'd imagine still has lots to offer somebody but at what level ?

I can honestly see him beign a solid Championship striker with a bit of confidence. Joint top scorer first season despite being disrupted, started really well second season got injured, got dropped when scoring... been injured this season whenever the chance for him to play has turned up.

Bad Boy

I don't see him playing anywhere if I'm honest.
I mean what actually floats his boat because whenever I've seen him knocking around the place he looks as miserable as sin.
Does the lad ever smile?

gspotgaz

He didn’t particularly set the world alight at Pompey. He actually quite impressed me at times in our first season back at championship level but he clearly needs game time at a lower level - he’d be a solid enough signing at league 1 but his career could go either way I think. He’s at a crossroads of his career but championship isn’t his future at the moment I feel.

larry_david

There was a touch he did yesterday which was quality. Thinkbhe brought a ball down on his chest, pinged from fadz about 50 yards. Only a small thing but he did it well. For me he's got a very rough deal off MR, as someone else said he scored back to back, dropped and never been given a chance since

clint van damme

There was a touch he did yesterday which was quality. Thinkbhe brought a ball down on his chest, pinged from fadz about 50 yards. Only a small thing but he did it well. For me he's got a very rough deal off MR, as someone else said he scored back to back, dropped and never been given a chance since

The decision to not play him after scoring 2 on the trot was bizarre, especially when Vik picked up an injury against Blackburn but kept on playing.
However, he seems to have affected his confidence/attitude beyond repair, at City at least.

AOM

I still rate Walker and he's looked alright in recent cameos.
Don't think he's been given enough opportunities this season to get a good run together but maybe Robins doesn't see enough behind the scenes.

Been treated harshly by some imo, and think whatever he does, they won't be won around

Last edited:

larry_david

The decision to not play him after scoring 2 on the trot was bizarre, especially when Vik picked up an injury against Blackburn but kept on playing.
However, he seems to have affected his confidence/attitude beyond repair, at City at least.
MR has his favs and if I remember rightly godden was injured and came straight back in for him

Evo1883

MR has his favs and if I remember rightly godden was injured and came straight back in for him

And most managers he's ever played for too ? They all wrong ?

Even cowley at pompey stopped playing him in league 1

Sick Boy

He needs to dropped down a division, score some goals and regain confidence. I reckon he’ll go on to have a decent career still.

Hobo

I thought he was looking good early this season and then got injured.

At the end of the day football owes players nothing and gives you nothing on a plate. Players make it through hardwork and a little bit of luck. When your opportunity comes you have to be ready to take it. When the luck goes against you the last thing you can do is feel sorry for yourself.

Warwickhunt

its what MR sees in training that dictates his standing in the team! if he is a lazy trainer then MR will not entertain him?

pusbccfc

Was very solid in our first season. Then again, we were comparing him to Biamou and Bakayoko.

rob9872

I'm not wumming, I'd honestly prefer Max who has done nothing since being let go.

He offers so little when he doesn't score and doesn't score enough. He's worse than Baka and I'm amazed he's anywhere near the squad. The season he was joint top scorer it was with 7 goals in 31, days more about us as a side. Since then he's 2 in 30.

Not good enough and a waste of a wage.

Sky Blue Harry H

Probably need 3 new strikers, to go alongside Tavares (assuming he has time left beyond this summer)

Hertsccfc

I'm not wumming, I'd honestly prefer Max who has done nothing since being let go.

He offers so little when he doesn't score and doesn't score enough. He's worse than Baka and I'm amazed he's anywhere near the squad. The season he was joint top scorer it was with 7 goals in 31, days more about us as a side. Since then he's 2 in 30.

Not good enough and a waste of a wage.
For some reason I feel there is a player in there but yes his goalscoring record for us is poor and he doesn't offer much outside the penalty area. I would give him a go at Huddersfield but it feels like his last chance. I did feel he was much more involved against Preston than Godden had been but that might be due to a fitness issue for Godden.

If he doesn't make an impact by the end if the season needs to try to rebuild his career in League 1.

Offhegoes

Maybe, but Godden isn't half the player he was either, completely anonymous every time I've seen him start a game this season
Matty Godden - He’s a fox in the box but like Vik is best as the lone front man even though they are very different kind of strikers. That’s the problem we have and why they can’t play as a partnership. Walker more suited to partner Vik I reckon. More pace than Godden too. Matty to be super sub

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Maybe, but Godden isn't half the player he was either, completely anonymous every time I've seen him start a game this season
Part of that I think is the system.

If we play the lone striker he's not going to get hold of the ball and get up the field like Gyok. If we play two strikers the midfield don't create as much and Gyok doesn't link well with him, often prefering to go alone.

Godden plays best with a workhorse partner who will do the dirty work and get him chances.

As a squad option off the bench it would be fine but with his regular injuries nowadays it's diminishing returns. If we got a small bid for him in the summer I'd seriously think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread