Tyler walker (3 Viewers)

Evo1883

It's not my fault that Robins pursued Walker for more than 12 months and now doesn't play him
Sometimes I'd imagine managers think they see something they can work with and sometimes it just doesn't work ..

Forest , coventry , pompey

stupot07

Walker averages a goal every 250 minutes for us in the championship. That's impressive given the lack of minutes he gets.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

lordy_87

No, I stated a fact which I backed up with evidence, that Walker now had a superior goal record to Godden playing for us at this level from open play. It is not my opinion it is a fact.

I've said before that I like Godden and I have no preference for Walker, I just find it quite odd that Robins didn't use him last night when it was obvious after we scored that Gyokeres wasn't fit to continue.
FP you shouldn't state facts that don't favour Godden you know evo doesn't like that

Evo1883

I reckon he’ll score a decent amount of goals in League 1 again once he finds himself a new club.

I think there's every chance a club like Bolton look at him or a club that gets promoted from league 1 ..

We also have to remember it's hard for many strikers to flourish in our system really , and I may be being too harsh on him .. we're not a high scoring team and it's only really the sheer brilliance of vik , which not many saw coming 18 months ago . That's flourishing

shmmeee

But you'd hope so wouldn't you , that's 1 in 4.6 games

I think he’s an average Championship striker and would score more in a team that created a lot of chances. He was a decent shout for a signing when we first came up, he’s just a tier lower than the likes of Vik if we want to be challenging.

Reactions: SBT

fernandopartridge

He’s like a bag of Frazzles… you love the idea of them and they taste great but ultimately, 24 hrs later you’re still burping bacon and wishing you’d never bought the fuckingthings
Coincidentally I bought a multipack of Frazzles in Aldi this very week, it must be something in my condition

Greggs

But also 14 in 29 at Lincoln in league one, and 22 in 44 at Mansfield in league 2. If he drops down a division and gets a pre-season to settle in he could be a very good player at league 1 level.
We don't want league 1 level players though, that's the point

PVA

We don't want league 1 level players though, that's the point

Exactly.

Could he do a job for a decent League One team or a relegation battling Championship team (like we were)? Yes probably.

Would he get regular game time at a club chasing top 6 in the championship (like we are now)? No I don't think he's good enough.

fernandopartridge

I mean , you've held pretty negative opinions about godden since he arrived .. the proof is there to see if you like 👍

No, been critical of him this season as he's been poor.

Evo1883

No, been critical of him this season as he's been poor.

You think that's it ? Il leave it there , could show about 4 people up on here

Told you , been having this argument since he arrived

shmmeee

As I said to my Dad about Godden at half time: he wasn’t contributing but you still expect him to pop up with a goal, so it’s hard to take him off sometimes.

AOM

As I said to my Dad about Godden at half time: he wasn’t contributing but you still expect him to pop up with a goal, so it’s hard to take him off sometimes.

I said the same at the Hull game before we equalised. He worked hard but wasn't that involved, but he has always been a player for us who can get a goal from nothing.
Can understand why he starts so often

Evo1883

His record of goals per minute from open play at this level is better than Godden's especially given Walker has fewer minutes where he's started:

Godden 22 (7 penalties) in 4355 (goal every 290 minutes)

Walker 10 (1 penalty) in 2581 (goal every 286 minutes)

Not anymore
Robert Downey Jr Ok GIF

But don't moan at me mate , I'm just stating FACTS

Users who are viewing this thread