Tyler walker (1 Viewer)

JulianDarbyFTW

I just don't think he's good enough for the Championship. Neither did an, at the time, average Forest side. He isn't particularly quick, he can't hold the ball up, he can't run at players, he doesn't chase and harry in the way that others do, he doesn't seem to have a sense of urgency, he doesn't score many when he does play, and his fitness record isn't great. In hindsight, he's been a pretty awful signing. The fact his 7 goals a few seasons back is seen as evidence that there's a player in there is a bit bewildering - it's only 3 more than Clive Platt got.

fernandopartridge

I just don't think he's good enough for the Championship. Neither did an, at the time, average Forest side. He isn't particularly quick, he can't hold the ball up, he can't run at players, he doesn't chase and harry in the way that others do, he doesn't seem to have a sense of urgency, he doesn't score many when he does play, and his fitness record isn't great. In hindsight, he's been a pretty awful signing. The fact his 7 goals a few seasons back is seen as evidence that there's a player in there is a bit bewildering - it's only 3 more than Clive Platt got.

His record of goals per minute from open play at this level is better than Godden's especially given Walker has fewer minutes where he's started:

Godden 22 (7 penalties) in 4355 (goal every 290 minutes)

Walker 10 (1 penalty) in 2581 (goal every 286 minutes)

Evo1883

His record of goals per minute from open play at this level is better than Godden's especially given Walker has fewer minutes where he's started:

Godden 22 (7 penalties) in 4355 (goal every 290 minutes)

Walker 10 (1 penalty) in 2581 (goal every 286 minutes)
Somebody get on the phone to Harry kane and tell him his premier league record is pony and in jeopardy..

Get them pens out

Our fans man 😂😂

Reactions: PVA

Evo1883

Again , arguments certain posters used to use to suggest biamou was better than godden , true story , its like I've gone back 18 months

Our fans are great 😂 , always good value comedy

fernandopartridge

Somebody get on the phone to Harry kane and tell him his premier league record is pony and in jeopardy..

Get them pens out

Our fans man 😂😂

If Walker had started the number of games Godden has this season with such a pitiful return you can imagine what'd be like.

NorthernWisdom

Get them pens out

Our fans man 😂😂
You'd accept it's maybe surprising Walker hasn't got any game time whatever the past two games, though?

Especially yesterday, their defence was so bad I'd have even considered having all three of the forwards on the pitch the last ten minutes.

Evo1883

Godden has a record here of 37 goals in 93 league games , a goal every 183 minutes .

Blokes had 2 or 3 serious Injuries too .

He's 23 in 67 championship matches .

Is he pele ? No

His penalties count and have won us points .. they have to be scored , as vik knows he's missed 50% if his

Gyokeres is currently such a good player and has come on so much, he makes our other forwards look pretty weak now .

But let's be clear , there aren't many gyokeres lying around in the football world 😂

People talk about how many passes he does a match .. 14 on average , chuba akpom 17 , Harry kane 22 passes .. it's all about your role , and our fans talk wet

PVA

You thought Maguire did well in the first half yesterday, weirdly he got dragged at half time

I said he did ok. After about 20 minutes.

And anyway Robins said Maguire did nothing wrong it was a tactical change to put another midfielder in.

But apart from all that I'm not sure what relevance that has to people moving the goalposts around Tyler Walker.

NorthernWisdom

There are surely some things we can agree on:

Godden is clearly one of Robins' most trusted players;
Sometimes that's not to Godden's benefit, as it means he plays before he's fully fit;
For whatever reason, Robins doesn't trust Walker as much;
That won't have helped Walker's confidence;
It's best for both player and club if Walker moves on and tries to regain his confidence elsewhere.

PVA

Sometimes that's not to Godden's benefit, as it means he plays before he's fully fit;
It's best for both player and club if Walker moves on and tries to regain his confidence elsewhere.

I think that's a very fair summary 👍🏻

Evo1883

When we say trust , do we not just mean rate ?

stupot07

Godden has a record here of 37 goals in 93 league games , a goal every 183 minutes .

Blokes had 2 or 3 serious Injuries too .

He's 23 in 67 championship matches .

Is he pele ? No

His penalties count and have won us points .. they have to be scored , as vik knows he's missed 50% if his

Gyokeres is currently such a good player and has come on so much, he makes our other forwards look pretty weak now .

But let's be clear , there aren't many gyokeres lying around in the football world

People talk about how many passes he does a match .. 14 on average , chuba akpom 17 , Harry kane 22 passes .. it's all about your role , and our fans talk wet

It doesn't matter what his record is. Through form and injury, Godden has scored just 3 goals from open play in 21 appearances this season. So he's not really providing a goal threat, and isn't really involved in our general play either. When we get Allen and Palmer back we should rightly go back to box and Godden back to being an impact sub.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Evo1883

It doesn't matter what his record is. Through form and injury, Godden has scored just 3 goals from open play in 21 appearances this season. So he's not really providing a goal threat, and isn't really involved in our general play either. When we get Allen and Palmer back we should rightly go back to box and Godden back to being an impact sub.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I don't disagree about our preffered formation

Offhegoes

Let's be honest, If O'Hare, Palmer, Allen and Tavares were fit Walker would not be in the squad. From all accounts Walker was close to a move away in January but got injured. If the above were fit, it would be Vik as the lone man with 2 AM's behind him (out of Allen, Palmer & O'Hare), with Tavares and Godden as super subs.

AOM

Let's be honest, If O'Hare, Palmer, Allen and Tavares were fit Walker would not be in the squad. From all accounts Walker was close to a move away in January but got injured. If the above were fit, it would be Vik as the lone man with 2 AM's behind him (out of Allen, Palmer & O'Hare), with Tavares and Godden as super subs.

Tavares wouldn't be ahead of Walker imo. From what I recall, the only games Tavares has started or come on earlier are when Walker has been injured.
Think even Waghorn was ahead of Tavares in that role

fernandopartridge

You've changed it to suit you're own opinion , if we like we can get alot more comparisons up to show how silly it Is ?

No, I stated a fact which I backed up with evidence, that Walker now had a superior goal record to Godden playing for us at this level from open play. It is not my opinion it is a fact.

I've said before that I like Godden and I have no preference for Walker, I just find it quite odd that Robins didn't use him last night when it was obvious after we scored that Gyokeres wasn't fit to continue.

Evo1883

No, I stated a fact which I backed up with evidence, that Walker now had a superior goal record to Godden playing for us at this level from open play. It is not my opinion it is a fact.

I've said before that I like Godden and I have no preference for Walker, I just find it quite odd that Robins didn't use him last night when it was obvious after we scored that Gyokeres wasn't fit to continue.

Fuck it , you think Walker is good , that's your opinion I have no idea why I care , the manager clearly doesnt rate him .. could argue all day with you about it .

He's will be gone once his contract is up , I doubt that's in question

All in all a shite signing

PVA

Tavares wouldn't be ahead of Walker imo. From what I recall, the only games Tavares has started or come on earlier are when Walker has been injured.
Think even Waghorn was ahead of Tavares in that role

Tavares came on twice in the early part of the season while Walker remained on the bench. Only for a couple of minutes each time, mind you.

And of course Walker was sent on loan last season with Tavares there to fill the '4th choice, come off the bench for 10 mins here and there' role.

AOM

Tavares came on twice in the early part of the season while Walker remained on the bench. Only for a couple of minutes each time, mind you.

And of course Walker was sent on loan last season with Tavares there to fill the '4th choice, come off the bench for 10 mins here and there' role.

Ah, fair enough then. Tavares is definitely the more likely to still be a Coventry player next season anyway!

fernandopartridge

Fuck it , you think Walker is good , that's your opinion I have no idea why I care , the manager clearly doesnt rate him .. could argue all day with you about it .

He's will be gone once his contract is up , I doubt that's in question

All in all a shite signing

It's not my fault that Robins pursued Walker for more than 12 months and now doesn't play him

Sick Boy

Apart from in reality Tavares is being Walker in the pecking order.

Sick Boy

Tavares is another player who needs to be moved on in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread