Tyler Walker (1 Viewer)

fatso

I'd be more than happy to see a fit Godden up front alongside a fit Walker with a fit O'hare just behind them!
What are the chances of that?

johnwillomagic

Godden & Walker with O'Hare just behind is probably out best attacking three if you could get Hamer to join more progressively too with Kelly and James holding think probably as good as it gets offensively currently - we should not go direct with that line up though so would need to be a lot more brave in possession than we were against Boro earlier this week.

If we play box I understand Paxman's arguments but in reality feel the front man does become too isolated and Walker is not a fighter of a centre forward in the same mould as Max - his game is very different and think if he played up top on his own ball would just come straight back and he'd become more and more isolated and frustrated.

NorthernWisdom

People need to look at what type of striker they are, then see if we are playing to their strengths or not.

It's the same when we tried long ball to Connor Chaplin on his own up front or put him central midfield.

For a striker who does well in the box, we need to actually get the ball into the box.

Bar McNulty, we have a knack of trying to turn strikers into something they're not. Chaplin, JCH, two strikers who we've bought and not played to their strengths. Odd, really, given Robins as a striker, I remember as buzzing around, sharp in the box, but not the kind of player you'd expect to hold the ball up much!

Of course Robins isn't alone in that. Lee Hughes spent a lot of time chasing the ball wide, crossing it in to nobody because the penalty box poacher was now on the wing...

As an aside, here's an insight into how Biamou prefers the ball played on the deck, too! Google translate does make it a comedy read, at least...

KG7

For me we need either height or pace up front to give us an out, otherwise we have to pass our way through entire teams, which we’re not strong enough to do at this level.

Godden and Walker is a no go. No height, no pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 11652

For me we need either height or pace up front to give us an out, otherwise we have to pass our way through entire teams, which we’re not strong enough to do at this level.

Godden and Walker is a no go. No height, no pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Godden holds the ball up better than any of our other strikers though. He’s a much better option than Biamou

Evo1883

There is a part of me, especially away.. That feels that fans can get a little bit more from some players.

Frostie

As an aside, here's an insight into how Biamou prefers the ball played on the deck, too! Google translate does make it a comedy read, at least...

I know he's said before he doesn't really see himself as a Target Man type but needs must, he doesn't have the technical ability to be anything else.

Great_Expectations

Walker has shown he has potential as we’ve seen glimpses of his ability; his movement is good and his finish against Brentford (as a recent example) was very good. Couple that with his impressive goal scoring record and we definitely have a good striker on our hands.

However, he disappears and doesn’t impact the game anywhere near enough. That could be a myriad of reasons for that; the role he plays (he seems a poacher), the lack of service, the lack of fitness, lack of confidence and/or the lack of match sharpness.

I also think he’s a victim of his absence; he became the messiah to some on here who would solve all our striking issues as soon as he was back. So expectations were way too high for someone who wasn’t exactly excelling pre injury.

I am not fooled by players who run around a lot, but equally it isn’t unfair to ask a player not involved in the game to go looking for the ball - even if it isn’t his natural game.

There’s a player in there, he just needs time to improve his match sharpness, experience at this level and overall game. It’s unfortunate we need him to perform now and he isn’t there yet.

Covkid1968#

Tyler’s day today.... can we assume he’s a Forest fan? I watch him a lot off the ball... his runs are the right runs.... the lad is a natural striker but just looks disinterested... but his track record says otherwise. Time to open up the locker door Tyler so we can see what you’re hiding in there.

SBAndy

I saw him referred to as a club legend by someone else on Twitter today. The bar is fucking low if that's the case.

In fairness, think about Legends Day and Max certainly wouldn’t be out on his own as the more odd ‘legends’ announced.

skybluesam66

Biamou is a player of limited ability - we signed from non league to be a league 2 squad player
he is performing way above those levels, and does bust a gut for the club, and is performing way way above non league levels
Of course he is not championship standard, but it is not his fault he is a regular, and because of that, is why he is liked
The poster - Glenda? who slates him all the time, is probably because he has a bit of a complex himself.
In fact we signed him as a league 2 squad player, and i would keep him as a championship squad player - that is a testament to him

Gregbant

It's a real shame with Walker. I think he is one of confidence strikers. Needs chances and goals to get him going. Unfortunately we need a take every half chance type of striker.

ccfc1234

There is a part of me, especially away.. That feels that fans can get a little bit more from some players.
I think it's known as confirmation bias. I suspect those who think they are immune are lying to themselves, somewhat.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Walker is our top scorer with 6 goals in 20 games. Not brilliant, but given we’re a relegation candidate and he’s had a stop start season he’s done alright

AFCCOVENTRY

It's a real shame with Walker. I think he is one of confidence strikers. Needs chances and goals to get him going. Unfortunately we need a take every half chance type of striker.

To be fair we don’t create any chances for the strikers so it’s a shit job being a coventry striker with the lack of creativity in our team.

Users who are viewing this thread