Tyler Walker deal done??? (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

All this hype about sisu going for it and giving robins a decent budget was probs bull then, if we don’t get bright or Walker then the Chaplin sale was deffo to cover the poor ticket sales and being away from the Ricoh

Club sells player to cover losses shocker

Attachments

• 3C6ADDD6-13AB-4121-96D1-57EF21877908.png
    3C6ADDD6-13AB-4121-96D1-57EF21877908.png
    868.8 KB · Views: 24

Saddlebrains

Wonder what the hold up is? Panda isnt usually far wrong, but the longer this drags on the more worried i am. We need him

Winny the Bish

Wonder what the hold up is? Panda isnt usually far wrong, but the longer this drags on the more worried i am. We need him
Forest changed their manager a couple days after Panda's posts. New manager transfer listed two strikers, leaving them with just Grabban and Walker as real options. Forest are trying to sign a striker, but won't let Walker leave until they do.

usskyblue

Wncouraging to read hw only wnata specific targets and wont jusr get anyone in for sake ofnit

giphy.gif

TTG

Nwe ohone?
Imagine reading a post, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw powost iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

covcity4life

Because one is not good enough(Baka), one is completely untested at league one level and even divided opinion in league two(Biamou), and Hiwula has shown that he is more effective on the left so why change something that isn’t broken? A striker is desperately needed, none of the current contingent are good enough for a team that wants to be in and around the play offs.
Or 1 is young and coming i to a 2nd season with us

1 showed potential in league 2 and now gets a crack wt league 1

One scored double figures from wide so could be looking at 20 this season

Could be either yours or mine or prob somewhere in middle. I woildnt panic personally . Get new striker great. If dont we still aim for autos

Great_Expectations

The negativity is bonkers.

I really don’t see how we’re in a weaker position. We’ve sold one striker, who never showed much ability or potential with us (that isn’t to say he doesn’t have any), wasn’t a starter last year, and wouldn’t have been this year, and doesn’t suit MR’s system of choice last season or this.

I’m also not sure how much weight the ‘Hiwula looks better out wide’ argument holds. He barely got a chance to play as a central striker last year. And if he wasn’t up to scratch on the rare occasions he did, let’s not forget half this forum wrote him off after his first few games out wide. He has the attributes to play as the central striker in a three, as long as we play football on the ground; he’s quick, makes intelligent runs, is technically sound and has pace.

I also wouldn’t write off Bakayoko or Biamou. The former is still young and shows glimpses of potential and the latter is an unknown at this level, but if he can step up, is a very good link player.

Granted Bright is a loss, but we’ve changed systems to accommodate and Kelly, Allen and Bayliss is a very strong L1 midfield.

Plus, we’re still a week away from the start of the seaon and weeks till the window ends. Plenty of time to bring Walker and/or Bright and/or a another in, whilst still having a strong squad to start the season.

Grendel

I really don’t see how we’re in a weaker position. We’ve sold one striker, who never showed much ability or potential with us (that isn’t to say he doesn’t have any), wasn’t a starter last year, and wouldn’t have been this year, and doesn’t suit MR’s system of choice last season or this.

I’m also not sure how much weight the ‘Hiwula looks better out wide’ argument holds. He barely got a chance to play as a central striker last year. And if he wasn’t up to scratch on the rare occasions he did, let’s not forget half this forum wrote him off after his first few games out wide. He has the attributes to play as the central striker in a three, as long as we play football on the ground; he’s quick, makes intelligent runs, is technically sound and has pace.

I also wouldn’t write off Bakayoko or Biamou. The former is still young and shows glimpses of potential and the latter is an unknown at this level, but if he can step up, is a very good link player.

Granted Bright is a loss, but we’ve changed systems to accommodate and Kelly, Allen and Bayliss is a very strong L1 midfield.

Plus, we’re still a week away from the start of the seaon and weeks till the window ends. Plenty of time to bring Walker and/or Bright and/or a another in, whilst still having a strong squad to start the season.

How in terms of game time is Bakayoko young? No side aiming for promotion would have him or biamou near the team. They are miles below the level needed

fernandopartridge

It isn't negativity to point out that in January we had the following strikers at the club: JCH, Chaplin, Biamou, Bakayoko and Hiwula and now we've only got 3 of them.

Biamou has played 125 minutes in his career at this level, and has 9 goals from 54 appearances otherwise (1 in 6), this is not the forward line of promotion challengers.

Bakayoko (1 in 4.5ish goals, worse really as the number of individual games he has scored in is 6).

Hiwula can be relied on to get goals but otherwise who else? Yes, it's a myth that we need a 20 goal striker, but it isn't a myth to say we need more goalscoring potential than we have currently.

ccfcway

It isn't negativity to point out that in January we had the following strikers at the club: JCH, Chaplin, Biamou, Bakayoko and Hiwula and now we've only got 3 of them.

Biamou has played 125 minutes in his career at this level, and has 9 goals from 54 appearances otherwise (1 in 6), this is not the forward line of promotion challengers.

Bakayoko (1 in 4.5ish goals, worse really as the number of individual games he has scored in is 6).

Hiwula can be relied on to get goals but otherwise who else? Yes, it's a myth that we need a 20 goal striker, but it isn't a myth to say we need more goalscoring potential than we have currently.

are you suggesting that MR doesnt know this or that you think he's content with his squad ?

junglej13

We need Walker plus another striker. Also, if last season taught us nothing else it is that an ACL is an absolute horror injury. Generally I think it takes 12 months from a player returning until they are fully back up to speed. A fully fit Biamou I'm not convinced is League 1 level let alone off the back off such a bad injury.

fernandopartridge

are you suggesting that MR doesnt know this or that you think he's content with his squad ?

Nope, where have I said that? I'm talking about the here and now, at the minute it is a fact that the forward line is weaker than it was even 2 weeks ago. At the minute, apart from a few rumours there is no evidence that the club will be much better off by next Saturday.

ccfcway

Nope, where have I said that? I'm talking about the here and now, at the minute it is a fact that the forward line is weaker than it was even 2 weeks ago. At the minute, apart from a few rumours there is no evidence that the club will be much better off by next Saturday.

was there much evidence that we would sign the majority of players we have this pre season ?

Plenty of people calling for Chaplin to jog on last season, so sure we have lost a body, but its not like we have sold our top scorer like we have done in previous seasons.

We appear to have strengthened the wingers and CM position so no reason to assume that MR isnt looking at his options.

Your way better informed than i am, as most of MR signings have come with little evidence and out of the blue, so i cant comment if we aren't going to sign someone in next week or so.

fernandopartridge

was there much evidence that we would sign the majority of players we have this pre season ?

Plenty of people calling for Chaplin to jog on last season, so sure we have lost a body, but its not like we have sold our top scorer like we have done in previous seasons.

We appear to have strengthened the wingers and CM position so no reason to assume that MR isnt looking at his options.

Your way better informed than i am, as most of MR signings have come with little evidence and out of the blue, so i cant comment if we aren't going to sign someone in next week or so.

No, there wasn't. Like I said, I'm talking about here and now as that's all I can talk about. The other signings we've made appear to be planned whereas replacing Chaplin isn't, it's a different kettle of fish.

Plenty of people isn't me, I rate Chaplin personally, he was our second top scorer last season so this drivel that is now coming out "he won't be first choice anyway" is just typical of the rubbish spoken when we lose a player.

ccfcway

No, there wasn't. Like I said, I'm talking about here and now as that's all I can talk about. The other signings we've made appear to be planned whereas replacing Chaplin isn't, it's a different kettle of fish.

Plenty of people isn't me, I rate Chaplin personally, he was our second top scorer last season so this drivel that is now coming out "he won't be first choice anyway" is just typical of the rubbish spoken when we lose a player.

might not be you, by plenty were

I'll say it

Unless he makes a miracle change next week he needs to go and take Chaplin with him It's embarrassing, he looks lost

If he sticks with Chaplin then I am done with both of them... I have said it before he is not the answer!

Chaplin can fuck off, got lucky with half of his goals, he’s shit

How does that account for his appalling finishing?

and thats just one page !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread