Tyler Walker deal done??? (1 Viewer)

fellatio_Martinez

LOL at Bill Oddie going on about Biamou keeping JCH out of the side? At this level he hasn't, he's never even played at this level in reality and is coming back from serious injury.

Superb Bill Oddie reference. Have a lady boy on me!

Ala.jpg

Evo1883

We've added a versatile midfielder who looks like he has a good 8-10 goals in him a season, we've added actual wingers who actually look like they will chip in and actually create, we are no different uptop.. Chaplin wasn't starting towards the end, and wouldn't have started this year.. We have 8 days to get players in still before the season starts.

We finished 8th last season and were in playoff form pretty much the rest of the season after Christmas.. The squad looks physically bigger, the squad looks pacier especially out wide and allen is no slouch.

I don't get the reason to not be optimistic even with what we have, could we do with a striker... Yes, will it be the be all and end all... Not for me

Exit Stage Left

But hasn't Robins said he's still after 2 attacking players? What's the panic? We're miles ahead compared to where we normally are this stage of pre-season.

I think because the season starts in 8 days time most people would have liked to have seen Bright Enobakhare or Tyler Walker signed up by now if they are/were coming. I do agree with you about the point you made about Max Biamou, but they're a lot of question marks about him now. The main one being has the ACL injury reduced his ability as a player? Jodi Jones, Abu Ogogo and Junior Brown have all had similar injuries and all went on to have disappointing seasons with us last season.

cc84cov

I disagree, based on a 0-0 draw with a Liverpool under 23 side who beat hearts a couple of days prior?
We should of beat their U23’s surely ? We haven’t really scored goals in pre season ca you see where the goals come from ?

Evo1883

We should of beat their U23’s surely

Why?
They finished 4th in the Premier league 2 table.. Had just beaten a SPL side and if we are being honest, contained them to a shot on target all game.

Should we have won... Absolutely we were the better team, we played a strong team but not our strongest team

SkyBlueDom26

Without a striker & number 10 we will be struggling for goals...again.

Starting to think the chaplin sale was to help with playing away from the Ricoh costs tbh
All this hype about sisu going for it and giving robins a decent budget was probs bull then, if we don’t get bright or Walker then the Chaplin sale was deffo to cover the poor ticket sales and being away from the Ricoh

Evo1883

We should of beat their U23’s surely ? We haven’t really scored goals in pre season ca you see where the goals come from ?

The first team have played Huddersfield, Leamington and Liverpool u23s and scored 5 goals, Northampton too actually sorry goals 6 in 4.

Burton first team lost 2-0 to Mickleover the other day

Evo1883

4 v Leamington, 1 v Huddersfield, did I miss the other one?

We could easily solve the no goals problem and play friendlies against the likes of Leamington every week then fans would believe we were gods upfront, pre season hard to gauge.

Let's see how we do at Swindon tomorrow too

mark82

It's pre-season, wouldn't read anything into results, performances or goals scored.

I am concerned about the options up front though. Don't care if it's a loan or permanent, but we could do with another option in. Let's see what happens this week.

Evo1883

I'm not saying I don't want another striker or more players, I'm saying we will still be OK if we start the season as we are and do business during August

Jcap

We could easily solve the no goals problem and play friendlies against the likes of Leamington every week then fans would believe we were gods upfront, pre season hard to gauge.

Let's see how we do at Swindon tomorrow too

Yep, difficult to judge on what we've seen so far, though by all accounts we did ok against Huddersfield - pity none of us got to see it!

Cavan O'Doherty

Baka max and hiwulla

3 st for 1 position

Why panic
Because one is not good enough(Baka), one is completely untested at league one level and even divided opinion in league two(Biamou), and Hiwula has shown that he is more effective on the left so why change something that isn’t broken? A striker is desperately needed, none of the current contingent are good enough for a team that wants to be in and around the play offs.

Evo1883

I do hope we sign walker, seems a poacher who would fit well in the system.. But would expect it to be announced today if the rumour was true from yesterday

Kieranp96

Because one is not good enough(Baka), one is completely untested at league one level and even divided opinion in league two(Biamou), and Hiwula has shown that he is more effective on the left so why change something that isn’t broken? A striker is desperately needed, none of the current contingent are good enough for a team that wants to be in and around the play offs.
What's to say all 3 attackers on the pitch wo nt be switching around all having free roam up top, that would be a deadly attack, biamou isn't a big goal scorer but as I stated thenotyer day to a friend he is a link up player without biamou mcnulty would have struggle to get anywhere near 28 goals he did.

cc84cov

All this hype about sisu going for it and giving robins a decent budget was probs bull then, if we don’t get bright or Walker then the Chaplin sale was deffo to cover the poor ticket sales and being away from the Ricoh
Season ticket sales pitch

cc84cov

The first team have played Huddersfield, Leamington and Liverpool u23s and scored 5 goals, Northampton too actually sorry goals 6 in 4.

Burton first team lost 2-0 to Mickleover the other day

Seems another year without a striker at the mo to me most them goals come from defence and midfield have the strikers scored ?

Users who are viewing this thread