Tyler Walker deal done??? (1 Viewer)

If we were to get 10K regularly this season it wouldn't mean it removes the incentive to return to Coventry, because those gates would not be sustained for very long. There are many people, like myself, who have made the decision to back the club this season. The moment that it appears the club are getting comfortable it changes everything.

The ideal scenario, for me, is that we back the club in numbers this season and hope we can somehow win promotion. Do that, and the pressure on all sides would be immense. Fail to do that, and we start next season at SA, crowds will fall anyway. I don't see the catch 22 you describe.

You could be right it may not be sustainable. If it is we will be staying put as why would they help Wasps. They will care more about putting financial pressure on Wasps than they care about the fans.

Sky Blue Pete

When we moved to Northampton it was a tactical decision to break the management company of the Ricoh. It failed as they found another option and there was a miscalculation by Fisher about how many fans that were prepared not to travel for various reasons. This move showed if enough fans travelled it would have suited our owners to be away from the Ricoh. Currently Sepalla seems to have realised that there is a chance of a bid for the club so the club needs potential to drive the price up. The best solution for the owners is a series of short term deals at the Ricoh that maximises profit but minimises the benefit to Wasps. Push for the championship and slowly wait for Wasps to buckle. This perfect solution for CCFC was destroyed the moment the Euro action that cannot be rescinded was taken. Whoever signed off on that should be sacked on the spot. Wasps want that mitigated as it cant be rescinded and it's a threat to their entire business. SISU can never cover the risk from it. The shit bit for the fans if we start to get over 10k at St Andrews we will be there for as long as they allow us. It's back to the Northampton scenario but with the right numbers. It could take 10 years to break Wasps it could take 1 year nobody has a clue. Whilst we get 6k our owners will want to go back to the short term deals at the Ricoh. Yet If we only get 6k it affects our playing budget. You get 10k plus we will have a better squad again.Absolute shitty catch 22 for the fans, we really can't win.Simple matter is if you go it's not about been a super fan you just go because you want to as you enjoy it and you don't want to give it up. If you don't go it's either because you can't be arsed or a moral stance. If it's a moral stance and you then go to Wembley then you are a hypocrite.So each decision going or not going has a positive for the club so don't criticise each other for whatever the other chooses to do.
Great post

torchomatic

If we were to get 10K regularly this season it wouldn't mean it removes the incentive to return to Coventry, because those gates would not be sustained for very long. There are many people, like myself, who have made the decision to back the club this season. The moment that it appears the club are getting comfortable it changes everything.

The ideal scenario, for me, is that we back the club in numbers this season and hope we can somehow win promotion. Do that, and the pressure on all sides would be immense. Fail to do that, and we start next season at SA, crowds will fall anyway. I don't see the catch 22 you describe.

I dont agree with the incentive thing. It would be brilliant to get 10k every week, great for the fans, great for the club.

It would show Wasps and CCC what they are missing out on. As for SISU, they know we have to go back to Coventry, so whether we get 1K or 10K makes little difference, however the impact on the players and fans would be immense.

Exit Stage Left

I dont agree with the incentive thing. It would be brilliant to get 10k every week, great for the fans, great for the club.

It would show Wasps and CCC what they are missing out on. As for SISU, they know we have to go back to Coventry, so whether we get 1K or 10K makes little difference, however the impact on the players and fans would be immense.

This thread seems to have gone completely off topic, what has this got to do with Tyler Walker and his supposedly "done deal" to join us? The player has gone to Lincoln...this thread needs to be closed now. Move on.

Astute

I have every sympathy with those that, like you can’t go. Presumably, as a shift worker, you won’t be able to go to away games either. It’s those that could go but won’t go to St Andrews but will go to away games make some sort of point whilst disadvantaging the club that I have a problem with.
By the way, what will you do if not working nights?
Work days or not be working.

Missed yesterday. In France visiting my wife and kids. I'm not going to be able to see as many games this season as usual. I have 18 days off every 2 months. But my wife says I must visit them.

As I said we all have reasons. Mine have nothing to do with where we play our home games.

usskyblue

Work days or not be working.

Missed yesterday. In France visiting my wife and kids. I'm not going to be able to see as many games this season as usual. I have 18 days off every 2 months. But my wife says I must visit them.

As I said we all have reasons. Mine have nothing to do with where we play our home games.

You should know by now...there’s only one brush in here m8

ccfc1234

When we moved to Northampton it was a tactical decision to break the management company of the Ricoh. It failed as they found another option and there was a miscalculation by Fisher about how many fans that were prepared not to travel for various reasons. This move showed if enough fans travelled it would have suited our owners to be away from the Ricoh. Currently Sepalla seems to have realised that there is a chance of a bid for the club so the club needs potential to drive the price up. The best solution for the owners is a series of short term deals at the Ricoh that maximises profit but minimises the benefit to Wasps. Push for the championship and slowly wait for Wasps to buckle. This perfect solution for CCFC was destroyed the moment the Euro action that cannot be rescinded was taken. Whoever signed off on that should be sacked on the spot. Wasps want that mitigated as it cant be rescinded and it's a threat to their entire business. SISU can never cover the risk from it. The shit bit for the fans if we start to get over 10k at St Andrews we will be there for as long as they allow us. It's back to the Northampton scenario but with the right numbers. It could take 10 years to break Wasps it could take 1 year nobody has a clue. Whilst we get 6k our owners will want to go back to the short term deals at the Ricoh. Yet If we only get 6k it affects our playing budget. You get 10k plus we will have a better squad again.Absolute shitty catch 22 for the fans, we really can't win.Simple matter is if you go it's not about been a super fan you just go because you want to as you enjoy it and you don't want to give it up. If you don't go it's either because you can't be arsed or a moral stance. If it's a moral stance and you then go to Wembley then you are a hypocrite.So each decision going or not going has a positive for the club so don't criticise each other for whatever the other chooses to do.
Can you post more often please. Really enjoyed reading your logic.
Great analysis

Irish Sky Blue

People not attending Games because the owners move us away from Coventry, telling us all how they can't face watching their club play outside the city, directly affecting the financial resources of the club in the name of morality just to turn up for the "biggest game" of the season despite telling the rest of us we have been doing the wrong thing all season....

Yea.. Delightful

Think its more than just a handful of people fed up with the people of this city not backing their football club.. The excuses are old, tired and frankly fucking boring.
We all have to put up with the same shit, difference is some of us understand that to be a successful club we have to put in too, not just sit back and wait for Premier league football to fall into our lap and start telling us all how much they supported us through the bad times. What these people fail to realise is even with new owners they need to actually turn up to fucking matches to get back from the club in terms of squad depth and quality
I am obsessed with Coventry City and have been since the first time I went to a game 52 years ago. You are probably the same. A lot of people are more objective than you or I and although classing themselves as supporters, see the game and the club as entertainment. If they like what they see they will go. If they don’t then they won’t. Everyone has the choice to spend their money as they choose. I suspect that a lot of people are just so fed up of the situation that seeing their club play outside of the City again is just to much to bear. Not a political statement or protest, just that it is not right. I don’t care what their views are. I want them to stay in touch, stay interested so that if and when we get promoted we will be playing in front of 20k+ crowds, hopefully in Coventry. I won’t feel one ounce of bitterness to those who stayed away. Each person has their own reason for doing so. I will just be glad they have come back. So if we get to Wembley again this year and get 40k+ fans in sky blue there too then I think this is a reason to be pleased as it shows what could happen if we ever have owners who get things right.

covbromsgrove

I met up with my cousin in Nottingham last night. He is a Forest season ticket holder and executive member. We got talking about football and I mentioned Tyler was meant to come to us on loan. He told two things that go against the rubbish that has been reported about him not coming to us.
1) He is born and bred in Nottingham and Lincoln is easier to get to than Coventry - so the first was location.
2) He is a Forest fan and he only wanted a loan deal which Lincoln offered, apparently we came in with an offer to buy and he didn't want to leave Forest, so he refused us.

mark82

I met up with my cousin in Nottingham last night. He is a Forest season ticket holder and executive member. We got talking about football and I mentioned Tyler was meant to come to us on loan. He told two things that go against the rubbish that has been reported about him not coming to us.
1) He is born and bred in Nottingham and Lincoln is easier to get to than Coventry - so the first was location.
2) He is a Forest fan and he only wanted a loan deal which Lincoln offered, apparently we came in with an offer to buy and he didn't want to leave Forest, so he refused us.

That actually makes a lot of sense, if he proves himself this year it'll give him an extra chance to crack it at Forest.

Exit Stage Left

Good post and informative. Amazing how somebody like Andy Turner at the CT couldn't have done a bit of digging with his Nottingham press contacts and published this last week.

shmmeee

Good post and informative. Amazing how somebody like Andy Turner at the CT couldn't have done a bit of digging with his Nottingham press contacts and published this last week.

Was it published in the Nottingham Post? If not, not sure how you’d expect the CT to scoop them.

duffer

I am obsessed with Coventry City and have been since the first time I went to a game 52 years ago. You are probably the same. A lot of people are more objective than you or I and although classing themselves as supporters, see the game and the club as entertainment. If they like what they see they will go. If they don’t then they won’t. Everyone has the choice to spend their money as they choose. I suspect that a lot of people are just so fed up of the situation that seeing their club play outside of the City again is just to much to bear. Not a political statement or protest, just that it is not right. I don’t care what their views are. I want them to stay in touch, stay interested so that if and when we get promoted we will be playing in front of 20k+ crowds, hopefully in Coventry. I won’t feel one ounce of bitterness to those who stayed away. Each person has their own reason for doing so. I will just be glad they have come back. So if we get to Wembley again this year and get 40k+ fans in sky blue there too then I think this is a reason to be pleased as it shows what could happen if we ever have owners who get things right.

As neat and tidy as Roland Nilsson's haircut. ISB, you've nailed it here mate. :)

robbiethemole

the issue is....................Tim "missing in action" Fisher is still a c+nt. end of

JulianDarbyFTW

In my mind it's now a proper grudge match between Walker and Godden for who gets the most goals this season. I hope Godden absolutely fucking smashes it.

Liquid Gold

In my mind it's now a proper grudge match between Walker and Godden for who gets the most goals this season. I hope Godden absolutely fucking smashes it.
Which results in Forest thinking Walker isn't good enough for the first team so they sell him to Wycombe where he ends up wire a sore neck and headache for the rest of his life due to their goofball.

Users who are viewing this thread