Tyler Walker deal done??? (1 Viewer)

Garryb80

Did higher numbers stop us selling players, like the entertainers, in the 90’s? We have always been a selling club, regardless of numbers.
I am aware of this but however you want to dress it up you are funding all of our competitors and not your own team.

Tommo1993

Seems to me you are deliberately trying to find comments to latch on to to justify your own decision

As opposed to people drastically swinging arguments into telling people on my side of the fence that they’re wrong, when what’s being spoken about is almost irrelevant?

Grendel

I agree.

Everyone on here has different ideas, morals and standards. Not a problem. The problem is when someone tries to force them upon others.

What have morals and standards got to do with attending a football match

ccfc1234

Did higher numbers stop us selling players, like the entertainers, in the 90’s? We have always been a selling club, regardless of numbers.
Flawed logic the Tories under Thatcher were xyz so Boris must be of that mindset too. Every incumbent will do things their way. I don't belive SISU sell unless they see value in that sale in line with market forces. It's clear if we have more money the need to sell dynamic reduces and means we can sell more strategically.

Garryb80

As opposed to people drastically swinging arguments into telling people on my side of the fence that they’re wrong, when what’s being spoken about is almost irrelevant?
We have different opinions I accept that. I accept you not going to home games. I just feel its wrong to only go to away games. Not forcing anything on you.

Hobo

Some great points being made from objective fans above. I am staggered how hard some are trying to take the moral high ground and convicting themselves of their arguments. If they are open minded or at the very least can see beyond the end of their nose, they might just see their moral grandstanding is pretty hollow this time around.

Yes a bit like Northampton all over again.

mr_monkey

Yes a bit like Northampton all over again.

This time it's different than Northampton though as it's not our choice to move (when it was to Northampton) wasps changed the goal posts this time and asked for the insane indemnity clause. I didn't go to Northampton personally as I didn't agree with the reasons we were there but will be going to st Andrews whenever I can and I think a lot of people are in the same boat as me.

But I have no problem with anyone staying away it's their choice and it's not up to me (or anyone else) to say anything negative about it, I just want us all to concentrate on what is going to be a great season on the pitch and give the players all the support we can :)

Hobo

I have always prefered away games to be honest. Sometimes where I have lived, meant seeing City away was an easier option.

Some fans through finances or work commitments cant go regularly.

I didnt go to our last two Wembley appearances, some people went and it was their first game in years. So what? If it helps them rekindle a love of the game, great.

Some fans follow more than one sport so have to budget carefully.

We need to respect each other a bit more. Just because people have different opinions doesnt mean one is wrong and one is right.

Adge

Adge normally agree with you but on this I don't. It's not opinion at all that only going to away games starves our club of money and lines the pockets of other teams. It's basic economics.
It was odd watching CCFC in a different stadium but the pitch was top class and the fans did a great job for the team.
I don't want CCFC away from Coventry any longer than we have to be but we are in a difficult situation as a club and most recently it was not of our making at all.
Hope you change your mind on SA but you are entitled not to. You however will also forfit the right to complain when we sell our best player at Christmas and derail our promotion push.
Thankyou. I may change my mind and did so last time when I initially decided not to go in L2 but as has been said as it stands now I will not be attending “home games”.
As for the “right lost to complain” regarding player sales this is a valid point although it’s not a move that has been dictated by fans to take the club out of Coventry-fans should not be blamed, whereas traditionally player sales have always been the case even when we were in the top flight as has already been pointed out.
If I change my mind and do decide to go to St Andrews no doubt people will point the finger and criticise this too-just for them I will check in here and run it past them first to make sure it’s Ok that I have changed my mind and will now be going to “home games” aswell as away games.

Grendel

Trust someone who only ever sees one side of anything to make such a comment.

Well you made the comment. It’s divisive rhetoric surely?

NorthernWisdom

You see, I don't find the behaviour from our owners particularly different from Northampton, the patterns are the same.

Then again, I was never for an organised boycott there either, to try for one ends (and ended) up remarkably divisive. It also wasnt a single issue then, it's not now either.

Not having it the other way though, and not going to be told what to do by anybody.

Last edited:

mr_monkey

You see, I don't find the behaviour from our owners particularly different from Northampton, the patterns are the same.

Then again, I was never for an organised boycott there either, to try for one try ends (and ended) up remarkably divisive. It also wasnt a single issue then, it's not now either.

Not having it the other way though, and not going to be told what to do by anybody.

It is very different this time mate, if wasps hadn't asked us to cover them if they were found to be in the wrong with the EU we would have been playing at the Ricoh yesterday simple as that. Don't get me wrong, sisu have done some deplorable sh!t in the past and that should never be forgotten but this time it is very different and I'd be shocked if we aren't back at the Ricoh by the end of the season as I don't think wasps/the council thought we would have any other option than to sign up to the insane deal that was put on the table (in a change to the original one that was put forward)

NorthernWisdom

It is very different this time mate, if wasps hadn't asked us to cover them if they were found to be in the wrong with the EU we would have been playing at the Ricoh yesterday simple as that. Don't get me wrong, sisu have done some deplorable sh!t in the past and that should never be forgotten but this time it is very different and I'd be shocked if we aren't back at the Ricoh by the end of the season as I don't think wasps/the council thought we would have any other option than to sign up to the insane deal that was put on the table (in a change to the original one that was put forward)
It really isn't different this time.

NorthernWisdom

You know, I've spent my life dealing with patterns and precedent.

Club announce staying at Ricoh is Plan A, negotiate deal to make it affordable to do so, reach agreement with other party.

SISU have to clear it, at which point Joy Seppala intervenes, rejects the agreed deal.

The message is sent out that the club cannot sign a deal as it would befinancially unviable for the club. The club, however, are keen to continue negotiating.

The club announce plans to build a new ground, and offer some vague substance to back it up.

With reluctance, the club moves elsewhere.

Now... the detail and the characters involved may change, but this scenario could apply equally to Northampton or now!

Now, last time wasn't as simple as SISU bad, everyone else whiter than white. The same applies this time in reverse. And yes, you can put in the ah but thus happened too from other parties, and chances are it'll be valid.

But that won't effect this particular organisation's pattern.

They were all shysters at Northampton, they're all shysters now.

Adge

Yes-he’s coming in this week along with John Marquis who’s already signed for Portsmouth.
Anyone hear that tit on the radio after the match saying we should sign John Marquis from Doncaster?:D

MalcSB

And here we go again. The most vocal amongst us are rightas usual and there are supposedly no other reasons.

I am a shift worker. If I lived in Coventry I would be able to go to home games when working a Saturday night shift but couldn't make it playing in Birmingham. How about the infirm who can just make it to the Ricoh but certainly couldn't do a whole season travelling to Birmingham. How about those who can just about stretch their finances to cover a ST but can't cover travelling to Birmingham every game. You will even have some who have a partner who works shifts and have to be home to look after the kids.

It isn't as black and white as some like to make out.

I have every sympathy with those that, like you can’t go. Presumably, as a shift worker, you won’t be able to go to away games either. It’s those that could go but won’t go to St Andrews but will go to away games make some sort of point whilst disadvantaging the club that I have a problem with.
By the way, what will you do if not working nights?

When we moved to Northampton it was a tactical decision to break the management company of the Ricoh. It failed as they found another option and there was a miscalculation by Fisher about how many fans that were prepared not to travel for various reasons. This move showed if enough fans travelled it would have suited our owners to be away from the Ricoh. Currently Sepalla seems to have realised that there is a chance of a bid for the club so the club needs potential to drive the price up. The best solution for the owners is a series of short term deals at the Ricoh that maximises profit but minimises the benefit to Wasps. Push for the championship and slowly wait for Wasps to buckle. This perfect solution for CCFC was destroyed the moment the Euro action that cannot be rescinded was taken. Whoever signed off on that should be sacked on the spot. Wasps want that mitigated as it cant be rescinded and it's a threat to their entire business. SISU can never cover the risk from it. The shit bit for the fans if we start to get over 10k at St Andrews we will be there for as long as they allow us. It's back to the Northampton scenario but with the right numbers. It could take 10 years to break Wasps it could take 1 year nobody has a clue. Whilst we get 6k our owners will want to go back to the short term deals at the Ricoh. Yet If we only get 6k it affects our playing budget. You get 10k plus we will have a better squad again.Absolute shitty catch 22 for the fans, we really can't win.Simple matter is if you go it's not about been a super fan you just go because you want to as you enjoy it and you don't want to give it up. If you don't go it's either because you can't be arsed or a moral stance. If it's a moral stance and you then go to Wembley then you are a hypocrite.So each decision going or not going has a positive for the club so don't criticise each other for whatever the other chooses to do.

Last edited:

shmmeee

You know, I've spent my life dealing with patterns and precedent.

Club announce staying at Ricoh is Plan A, negotiate deal to make it affordable to do so, reach agreement with other party.

SISU have to clear it, at which point Joy Seppala intervenes, rejects the agreed deal.

The message is sent out that the club cannot sign a deal as it would befinancially unviable for the club. The club, however, are keen to continue negotiating.

The club announce plans to build a new ground, and offer some vague substance to back it up.

With reluctance, the club moves elsewhere.

Now... the detail and the characters involved may change, but this scenario could apply equally to Northampton or now!

Now, last time wasn't as simple as SISU bad, everyone else whiter than white. The same applies this time in reverse. And yes, you can put in the ah but thus happened too from other parties, and chances are it'll be valid.

But that won't effect this particular organisation's pattern.

They were all shysters at Northampton, they're all shysters now.

I’d offer one difference when it comes to any potential protest: regardless of how we got there, at Sixfields it was within the clubs gift to return should they wish, so pressure on the club itself was a legitimate tactic. This time around CCFC aren’t in that situation, so action at games is pointless.

theferret

When we moved to Northampton it was a tactical decision to break the management company of the Ricoh. It failed as they found another option and there was a miscalculation by Fisher about how many fans that were prepared not to travel for various reasons. This move showed if enough fans travelled it would have suited our owners to be away from the Ricoh. Currently Sepalla seems to have realised that there is a chance of a bid for the club so the club needs potential to drive the price up. The best solution for the owners is a series of short term deals at the Ricoh that maximises profit but minimises the benefit to Wasps. Push for the championship and slowly wait for Wasps to buckle. This perfect solution for CCFC was the destroyed the moment the Euro action that cannot be rescinded wa taken. Whoever signed off on that should be sacked on the spot. Wasps want that mitigated as it cant be rescinded and it's a threat to their entire business. SISU can never cover the risk from it. The shit bit for the fans if we start to get over 10k at St Andrews we will be there for as long as they allow us. It's back to the Northampton scenario but with the right numbers. It could take 10 years to break Wasps it could take 1 year nobody has a clue. Whilst we get 6k our owners will want to go back to the short term deals at the Ricoh. Yet If we only get 6k it affects our playing budget. You get 10k plus we will have a better squad again.
Absolute shitty catch 22 for the fans, we really can't win.
Simple matter is if you go it's not about been a super fan you just go because you want to as you enjoy it and you don't want to give it up. If you don't go it's either because you can't be arsed or a moral stance. If it's a moral stance and you then go to Wembley then you are a hypocrite.
So each decision going or not going has a positive for the club so don't criticise each other for whatever the other chooses to do.

If we were to get 10K regularly this season it wouldn't mean it removes the incentive to return to Coventry, because those gates would not be sustained for very long. There are many people, like myself, who have made the decision to back the club this season. The moment that it appears the club are getting comfortable it changes everything.

The ideal scenario, for me, is that we back the club in numbers this season and hope we can somehow win promotion. Do that, and the pressure on all sides would be immense. Fail to do that, and we start next season at SA, crowds will fall anyway. I don't see the catch 22 you describe.

fatso

When we moved to Northampton it was a tactical decision to break the management company of the Ricoh. It failed as they found another option and there was a miscalculation by Fisher about how many fans that were prepared not to travel for various reasons. This move showed if enough fans travelled it would have suited our owners to be away from the Ricoh. Currently Sepalla seems to have realised that there is a chance of a bid for the club so the club needs potential to drive the price up. The best solution for the owners is a series of short term deals at the Ricoh that maximises profit but minimises the benefit to Wasps. Push for the championship and slowly wait for Wasps to buckle. This perfect solution for CCFC was destroyed the moment the Euro action that cannot be rescinded was taken. Whoever signed off on that should be sacked on the spot. Wasps want that mitigated as it cant be rescinded and it's a threat to their entire business. SISU can never cover the risk from it. The shit bit for the fans if we start to get over 10k at St Andrews we will be there for as long as they allow us. It's back to the Northampton scenario but with the right numbers. It could take 10 years to break Wasps it could take 1 year nobody has a clue. Whilst we get 6k our owners will want to go back to the short term deals at the Ricoh. Yet If we only get 6k it affects our playing budget. You get 10k plus we will have a better squad again.Absolute shitty catch 22 for the fans, we really can't win.Simple matter is if you go it's not about been a super fan you just go because you want to as you enjoy it and you don't want to give it up. If you don't go it's either because you can't be arsed or a moral stance. If it's a moral stance and you then go to Wembley then you are a hypocrite.So each decision going or not going has a positive for the club so don't criticise each other for whatever the other chooses to do.
I agreed with all of this until you called those who go to Wembley “hypocrites”
Shit loads of people will go to Wembley just for a day out, or to treat their kids.
Some who can’t afford to go to a game every other week will splash out for a one off event.
For those of us fortunate enough to have enough disposable income to follow the club regularly to start calling out others, is purely childish, and undermines your arguments.

I agreed with all of this until you called those who go to Wembley “hypocrites”
Shit loads of people will go to Wembley just for a day out, or to treat their kids.
Some who can’t afford to go to a game every other week will splash out for a one off event.
For those of us fortunate enough to have enough disposable income to follow the club regularly to start calling out others, is purely childish, and undermines your arguments.

I said if they are taking the moral stance, (away games only and NOMP to SISU).
Then turn up at Wembley, unfortunately that is a bit hypocritical dont you think?

fatso

I said if they are taking the moral stance, (away games only and NOMP to SISU).
Then turn up at Wembley, unfortunately that is a bit hypocritical dont you think?
Not really, Their choice.
Wembley is an away game after all.

NorthernWisdom

I’d offer one difference when it comes to any potential protest: regardless of how we got there, at Sixfields it was within the clubs gift to return should they wish, so pressure on the club itself was a legitimate tactic. This time around CCFC aren’t in that situation, so action at games is pointless.
Perfectly fair point. Have always been all for Wasps protests - me and 20 others ;)

Would say awareness and demonstrating we'd rather be elsewhere is as valid in Birmingham as anywhere else, mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread