Tyler Walker deal done??? (5 Viewers)

Tommo1993

No it doesn’t because they will have supported their team financially.
Unlike you and your ilk who finance our rivals.

So suddenly due to our shitty new circumstances, fans who mainly stick to away games aren’t real enough fans for you?
giphy.gif

Evo1883

So suddenly due to our shitty new circumstances, fans who mainly stick to away games aren’t real enough fans for you?
giphy.gif

It's not that they arent real fans it's the fact they don't actually give any money to their football club..
But I do have respect for anybody who travels everywhere with city, the away fans are a different breed to the home fans lol

If we don't sell out every away allocation this season though, then questions should be asked considering the amount of people who are away days only now

Tommo1993

It's not that they arent real fans it's the fact they don't actually give any money to their football club..
But I do have respect for anybody who travels everywhere with city, the away fans are a different breed to the home fans lol

You know you’re still gonna see us at away games anyway. I refer back to my earlier comment about false superior attitudes... what’s the point.

No it doesn’t because they will have supported their team financially.
Unlike you and your ilk who finance our rivals.

Evo1883

You know you’re still gonna see us at away games anyway. I refer back to my earlier comment about false superior attitudes... what’s the point.

Yea I don't agree with the wording, but people are frustrated.

ccfcway

If we don't sell out every away allocation this season though, then questions should be asked considering the amount of people who are away days only now

Every game outside Coventry is an away game of sorts

I think Fisher was expecting more to go to Birmingham. He thought about 10k would go to Northampton. I think he just thinks it's all about logistics with the fans and nothing else. Once the season ticket sales numbers came in things seem to change.
Still whose to say it won't work out for the best. Sometimes plan B turns out to be a gem. Chaplin was always plan A and other than a profit, that didn't really work.

pipkin73

FFS can't people get it into their heads, depending on HOME supporters is the budget. Boycot if you want but then don't complain when we sell someone. Of course we don't want this situation BUT it is what it is. Either help the team out by going by supporting or shut the fuck up. Fine you don't want to watch Cov out of Cov SO DON'T, but remember by not doing so you are reducing the budget, so then don't complain when we don't sign all of out targets. LOOK AT THE ACCOUNTS, we lose money every season and SISU make it up, just be glad we are not Bolton, Bury or Nott's County, SISU are not great but they pay the bills and keep us ticking along. IF YOU WANT A··SUCCESSFUL CCFC then go and support them, It's not hard to understand. Away only means NO MONEY FOR CCFC but a great backing to help the team on away games, BUT NO MONEY TO HELP TRANSFERS SO DON'T COMPLAIN, NO MONEY HOME GAMES means reduced budget SO WHEN YOU WATCH THE TEAM AWAY ONLY, THEN LESS QUALITY PLAYERS DON'T MOAN, you contributed to it. If you CAN go and watch us at SA then do, most people have reported a positive experience. Give it a try, if you really don't like it don't go again, but give it a go first. Sorry for the rant, but i had to have my say.

Astute

And here we go again. The most vocal amongst us are rightas usual and there are supposedly no other reasons.

I am a shift worker. If I lived in Coventry I would be able to go to home games when working a Saturday night shift but couldn't make it playing in Birmingham. How about the infirm who can just make it to the Ricoh but certainly couldn't do a whole season travelling to Birmingham. How about those who can just about stretch their finances to cover a ST but can't cover travelling to Birmingham every game. You will even have some who have a partner who works shifts and have to be home to look after the kids.

It isn't as black and white as some like to make out.

Tommo1993

FFS can't people get it into their heads, depending on HOME supporters is the budget. Boycot if you want but then don't complain when we sell someone. Of course we don't want this situation BUT it is what it is. Either help the team out by going by supporting or shut the fuck up. Fine you don't want to watch Cov out of Cov SO DON'T, but remember by not doing so you are reducing the budget, so then don't complain when we don't sign all of out targets. LOOK AT THE ACCOUNTS, we lose money every season and SISU make it up, just be glad we are not Bolton, Bury or Nott's County, SISU are not great but they pay the bills and keep us ticking along. IF YOU WANT A··SUCCESSFUL CCFC then go and support them, It's not hard to understand. Away only means NO MONEY FOR CCFC but a great backing to help the team on away games, BUT NO MONEY TO HELP TRANSFERS SO DON'T COMPLAIN, NO MONEY HOME GAMES means reduced budget SO WHEN YOU WATCH THE TEAM AWAY ONLY, THEN LESS QUALITY PLAYERS DON'T MOAN, you contributed to it. If you CAN go and watch us at SA then do, most people have reported a positive experience. Give it a try, if you really don't like it don't go again, but give it a go first. Sorry for the rant, but i had to have my say.

If we were at the Ricoh still and sold 10000 ST’s, we’d still have sold Chaplin and Bayliss and failed to sign Tyler Walker. Of that I am 99% sure.

Garryb80

And here we go again. The most vocal amongst us are rightas usual and there are supposedly no other reasons.

I am a shift worker. If I lived in Coventry I would be able to go to home games when working a Saturday night shift but couldn't make it playing in Birmingham. How about the infirm who can just make it to the Ricoh but certainly couldn't do a whole season travelling to Birmingham. How about those who can just about stretch their finances to cover a ST but can't cover travelling to Birmingham every game. You will even have some who have a partner who works shifts and have to be home to look after the kids.

It isn't as black and white as some like to make out.
The argument is more around 'away games only' folk. It baffles me why any fan would willingly give money to all opposition teams and yet fail to give any to their own team. No problem with people missing home games but to willingly choose to only go away is wrong in my opinion

Hobo

It is not just the fans reducing the budget though is it? The owners have pursued various policies over a number of years that have contributed to that. Fans are the ones who have to suck it up.

SBAndy

Love a 2am drunken post.

Adge

Like your nopm you stuck to after telling everybody about it?
Yes it’s true that I decided to not go- missed the football and changed my mind and decided to go back.
Similarly this season may be the same-decided I’m not going to St Andrews, but that may change and you know this as we have already had this discussion.

Astute

The argument is more around 'away games only' folk. It baffles me why any fan would willingly give money to all opposition teams and yet fail to give any to their own team. No problem with people missing home games but to willingly choose to only go away is wrong in my opinion
Not from everyone.

Attendance down to 6k.....30k to Wembley comments?

Garryb80

Not from everyone.

Attendance down to 6k.....30k to Wembley comments?
It has an element of truth though. People willingly not going to home games then insisting on going to Wembley are also wrong. As I said if people choose not or cant go to Birmingham then fine but if they choose not to they shouldn't then go to away games only in my opinion. They will be first in line to moan about player sales when we all know the budget is cut due in part to their actions

Astute

It has an element of truth though. People willingly not going to home games then insisting on going to Wembley are also wrong. As I said if people choose not or cant go to Birmingham then fine but if they choose not to they shouldn't then go to away games only in my opinion. They will be first in line to moan about player sales when we all know the budget is cut due in part to their actions
Yes an element of truth. But not the whole truth as some like to make out.

Adge

And that’s all it is-YOUR OPINION!

ccfc1234

Some great points being made from objective fans above. I am staggered how hard some are trying to take the moral high ground and convicting themselves of their arguments. If they are open minded or at the very least can see beyond the end of their nose, they might just see their moral grandstanding is pretty hollow this time around.

Tommo1993

I’m not seeing it as a common argument. It’s likely I won’t go to 1 game at SA but you will see me at most if not all away games. We’ve sold stars for years, being a lowly club it’s what happens. It’s not like people not attending SA has a significant part to play in it.

Sorry if I don’t fit your criteria of being a proper fan... but imo it’s people like you causing this angry divide, by constantly picking at people for making their choice. And it’s people like you with shit comments like that who further put me off attending home games out of the city.

Astute

Some great points being made from objective fans above. I am staggered how hard some are trying to take the moral high ground and convicting themselves of their arguments. If they are open minded or at the very least can see beyond the end of their nose, they might just see their moral grandstanding is pretty hollow this time around.
I agree.

Everyone on here has different ideas, morals and standards. Not a problem. The problem is when someone tries to force them upon others.

Garryb80

I’m not seeing it as a common argument. It’s likely I won’t go to 1 game at SA but you will see me at most if not all away games. We’ve sold stars for years, being a lowly club it’s what happens. It’s not like people not attending SA has a significant part to play in it.

Sorry if I don’t fit your criteria of being a proper fan... but imo it’s people like you causing this angry divide, by constantly picking at people for making their choice. And it’s people like you with shit comments like that who further put me off attending home games out of the city.
How can fans not attending home games not have a significant part to play in the budget? Jesus some odd thinking fans around.
Sorry if you think im criticising your lyalty as a fan. I am not im just trying to point out how propping up everybody else budgets apart from your own teams is odd in the extreme. If you boycott home games fine I completely accept that but boycott completely instead of funding all our competitors.
Seems to me you are deliberately trying to find comments to latch on to to justify your own decision

Last edited:

ccfc1234

And that’s all it is-YOUR OPINION!
Adge normally agree with you but on this I don't. It's not opinion at all that only going to away games starves our club of money and lines the pockets of other teams. It's basic economics.
It was odd watching CCFC in a different stadium but the pitch was top class and the fans did a great job for the team.
I don't want CCFC away from Coventry any longer than we have to be but we are in a difficult situation as a club and most recently it was not of our making at all.
Hope you change your mind on SA but you are entitled not to. You however will also forfit the right to complain when we sell our best player at Christmas and derail our promotion push.

NorthernWisdom

As it happens, I certainly can't go away this season. But, always preferred away games - different grounds, different places, different atmosphere. And at the end of the day it's supposed to be fun.

Now I will give St Andrews a go at some point, but it'll be more out of a sense of duty, really not looking forward to it and it's just not what I want to do. Please God let it he better than Sixfields when I do.

So in that case, why shouldn't I spend my money doing what makes me happier? It's the owners' responsibility to make the whole thing appealing for as many as possible. Sure, that'll mean less budget, but supporting City's never been about big money signings for me and if the club wants more income it has to think about how to get it, rather than just expect it. As it happens, the club has made clear it doesn't just expect people to blindly turn up. Great. Now it has to make it appealing.

Winning games'll help, the owners actually having a plan so I can see a future will help. Support is different things to different people, but I'm not going to change how I feel about St Andrews based on a bit of bollocks on a message board.

Tommo1993

How can fans not attending home games not have a significant part to play in the budget? Jesus some odd thinking fans around

Did higher numbers stop us selling players, like the entertainers, in the 90’s? We have always been a selling club, regardless of numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread