Trump is my favourite comedian of the year already (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

He has now claimed to have proof that it came from a lab in China but can’t say more and has managed to turn it into an election issue about how China unleashed it to get Biden in charge.

His theory also goes against their intelligence agencies’ conclusions.

He really is an utter wanker.

clint van damme

He has now claimed to have proof that it came from a lab in China but can’t say more and has managed to turn it into an election issue about how China unleashed it to get Biden in charge.

He can get away with anything.
It's only last week that a cross Senate report confirmed security service claims Russia interfered in the 2016 election so you'd think he'd keep quiet about it but he knows he's bulletproof.

clint van damme

Genuinely frightening that he'll get re-elected. Worse, this then sets the template on how to win elections.

They've got the militia on the street again and as Modi has found in India once that particular genie is out off the bottle it's difficult to get back in and if you don't pander to their crackpot ideas they'll turn on you.
Of course you can go down the Orban route and turn the country into a dictatorship, that's one way of keeping control!

Sick Boy

It worries me that the UK could potentially end up with more Trump style tactics to win elections, it already goes on to a certain extent but those pulling the strings seem to have set their focus on the UK too, very worrying.

clint van damme

It worries me that the UK could potentially end up with more Trump style tactics to win elections, it already goes on to a certain extent but those pulling the strings seem to have set their focus on the UK too, very worrying.

There's still a way to go until we get someone like Trump (although Boris is bad enough) and in turn he's not as bad as the likes of Modi or Bolnasaro or even Duterte but we're on that path and the worrying thing is when countries start to remove the mechanisms for checks and balances that protect their democracies.

skybluetony176

Trumps mentality is he’s probably read it on some right wing cranks conspiracy theory blog and it had a picture of some Chinese looking people in white coats in a lab so obviously it’s a fact as there’s a picture.

Grendel

Genuinely frightening that he'll get re-elected. Worse, this then sets the template on how to win elections.

It would more set a template of how to lose an election

wingy

Just seen the clip. Very child like again. I could tell you but I can’t.
On his nose grew by a full six inches there .
If you're going to lie repeat yourself .
Almost in the league of the dirty dossier..
He's had more positional points on this than there are corners in the pentagon

skybluetony176

On his nose grew by a full six inches there .
If you're going to lie repeat yourself .
Almost in the league of the dirty dossier..
He's had more positional points on this than there are corners in the pentagon
It’s all about creating a new bogey man. In many ways I bet Trump can’t believe his luck that this fell in his lap just as the economy started faltering in an election year.

shmmeee

I think what’s scary is that we have run on an honour system of sorts for a while: don’t play to people’s base prejudices, don’t bullshit entirely (just a bit), etc. That’s gone out the window entirely.

Johnson, Trump, Bolsonaro, etc are just following a template we’ve known is powerful since the Nazis: notional left wing economics with nationalism and social conservatism. It’s always an election winner. It’s just dangerous fire to play with.

The good news is we saw this is in the 1930s and we know how you stop it. The worry is how far do we go before that happens.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Complains daily about media using 'sources' and not revealing them. He not only doesn't reveal the source he doesn't even release the info. But he doesn't need to because the gurning idiots that support him will just take him at his word even though his word has repeatedly been shown to be worthless (unless you take the assumption that if he said it it'll be untrue)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It’s all about creating a new bogey man. In many ways I bet Trump can’t believe his luck that this fell in his lap just as the economy started faltering in an election year.

It is very 1984 in that respect.

Maybe we should start a left wing nutjob conspiracy that it was created in a US lab and transported to China for release so he could use it to take attention off him during election year.

clint van damme

It is very 1984 in that respect.

Maybe we should start a left wing nutjob conspiracy that it was created in a US lab and transported to China for release so he could use it to take attention off him during election year.

There already is one going round in China.
They reckon something got out of the Fort Detrick military medical facility and infected some soldiers who then inadvertently brought it over when they competed in a military sports event in Wuhan.
Fort Detrick has since been shut and I think it was due to on going H&S issues.

clint van damme

He's sticking up for armed militia again.
He's basically asking the Michigan governor to give in to them
He's a fucking card.

skybluetony176

he's not polling that well, maybe 4 more years aren't as nailed on as everyone thinks.
Read a couple of articles that say he’s behind in some key swing states, four in particular that Obama won and Trump took of the democrats. Basically the four states that handed him the presidency despite loosing the popular vote.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Apart from the obvious not wanting a nutcase in charge I want Trump to lose because of the epic meltdown that would follow. The conspiracy theories he'd come out with would be absolutely hilarious. Probably claim 50m illegal immigrants voted.

But with the way 2020 has gone I expect his re-election will just be the sweetcorn in a massive turd omelette.

chiefdave

One way to try and make sure nobody says anything that makes Trump look bad.

Legal Experts Erupt After White House Blocks Anthony Fauci's Coronavirus Testimony
Legal experts led the criticism of President Donald Trump’s White House on Friday after it confirmed it would not allow Dr. Anthony Fauci to testify before a House panel on the U.S.’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic next week.

White House spokesman Judd Deere claimed in a statement that the appearance of the infectious disease expert, who is a prominent member of its coronavirus task force, on Wednesday, May 6, would be “counterproductive.”
Trump Moves to Replace Watchdog Who Identified Critical Medical Shortages
President Trump moved on Friday night to replace a top official at the Department of Health and Human Services who angered him with a report last month highlighting supply shortages and testing delays at hospitals during the coronavirus pandemic.

The White House waited until after business hours to announce the nomination of a new inspector general for the department who, if confirmed, would take over for Christi A. Grimm, the principal deputy inspector general who was publicly assailed by the president at a news briefing three weeks ago.

clint van damme

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

And this should worry anyone who cares about democracy. The removing of the checks and balances that maintain it.

It's exactly the route that the more extreme populists have gone down

It's why I don't understand why, when they did the system they decided it was a good idea that alongside groups for the judiciary and the legislative, they decided that the executive should be controlled by an individual. And what's more that individual would have a say in appointments of things like the judiciary.

I can only guess that after having a monarchy set up it would've been too big a change for people to accept and having an individual voted in was better than an individual just being given it due to birth.

But it leaves it so open to abuse and potential for dictatorship. OK, we're a long way from that yet but nobody thought the same would happen in Germany either.

skybluetony176

Nancy Pelosi called him morbidly obese which is genius as the fool deluded himself into thinking he is handsome fit and well dressed

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Saw that, it was funny. She said she was worried about him because of the risks associated with taking the drug for someone in his age group and with his weight issues.
If he does die of one of the side effects will it have to be logged as natural selection given he’s doing it anyway despite the evidence on risk and “effectiveness”.

wingy

Well you can't beat a bit of Arythmia.
Don't know if it was the lighting and being indoors but it sure looks like it has Changed his complexion.
We're all talking about him again though.
Mission accomplished .

It's probably as real as his new super duper planes and missiles.

Users who are viewing this thread