Trump is my favourite comedian of the year already (7 Viewers)

Paul Anthony

The National Guard out in force, huge perimeter fencing around the Capitol building. Washington looks like its the front line of a conflict.

All because some lunatic can't accept he lost a democratic election.

tisza

Murkowski already has broken, McConnell could very well and the NYT has said 10 to 20 more are waiving.

It's a battle for the soul of the Republican party. The republicans are starting to see Trump as a drag that will lose them elections.
McConnell actually comes out and says he backs it then Trump probably done. He could bring enough votes to carry the guilty vote. Possibly in an exchange for a pardon?

There's enough toxicity going to come from the court cases that are going to flood Trump next couple of years to probably bury him anyway.

NorthernWisdom

McConnell actually comes out and says he backs it then Trump probably done. He could bring enough votes to carry the guilty vote. Possibly in an exchange for a pardon?

There's enough toxicity going to come from the court cases that are going to flood Trump next couple of years to probably bury him anyway.
If enough companies stop supporting people who back Trump (and that's gathering pace) the self interest moves from supporting him to going against him. Don't think we'll see enough when it comes to it, but it's gathering pace.

Grendel

He loses the pension and secret service lads too, fuck him.

Mad that all this has happened when that poster who's lived there before told us Trump was going to successfully overturn the fraudulent election

The same player he says he’s usually right?

I wonder if Gazobla has a taser

jimmyhillsfanclub

Anyone see James Comey interview on newsnight last night?

He pulls no punches & is even predicting (or hoping for) the end of the republican party.

Good interview (although he has got a book to sell too)

Otis

Just how thick are some of these people who broke into the capital?

The bloke who wore his works lanyard, the one that phoned in sick, the one who was an Olympic medalist and wore hie Olympic jacket to the event, the guy with the zip tie cuffs, the Republican delegate who had only just been sworn in a month previous. All perfectly caught on camera.

🤦‍♂️😂

BBC News - Capitol riots: Who has the FBI arrested so far?

Last edited:

skyblue1991

Daft question, is there anything in US law that prevents a president from presidential pardoning themselves?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Pretty sure there'd be a rule reversing that after the event anyway, and not entirely sure that you can pardon somebody *before* they're convicted of something, anyway?!?

It only works for federal crimes anyway and there is a huge state case being built against him in NY. I did see that there is an amendment clause that would allow him to be barred from ever running for office with a simple majority in Congress. Seems a safer bet for the Republicans than going down the impeachment road

tisza

Daft question, is there anything in US law that prevents a president from presidential pardoning themselves?

Issue seems to be there is nothing specifically that says he can or can't. It's about interpretation which is why it would possibly end up at the Supreme Court.

clint van damme

It only works for federal crimes anyway and there is a huge state case being built against him in NY. I did see that there is an amendment clause that would allow him to be barred from ever running for office with a simple majority in Congress. Seems a safer bet for the Republicans than going down the impeachment road

I though the Manhattan prosecutor is going to make their case federal because there was cross state skulduggery
going on?

tisza

Apparently not but there is a theory that if Trump pardons himself it would serve as an admission of guilt which would open the floodgates for civil cases.
Based on a previous Supreme Court ruling that accepting a pardon is an admittance of guilt.

skybluetony176

Untested but possible from what I read last week. Mainly because it doesn’t specifically say in the constitution that he can’t.

Otis

WTH?

Martial law? With pillows? 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦‍♂️Better than using guns I suppose.

Everyone's going to be spitting feathers. 🙄

Otis

Maybe he merely went there to see if he could pinch the MAGA tag.

Good MATTRESSES ARE GREAT AIDS to a restful night's sleep.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread