Trump is here (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

Not liking the sounds made in this press conference.

chiefdave

Not liking the sounds made in this press conference.
To be fair most of Trumps press conferences are followed by his staff trying to back peddle from all the comments he's made up on the spot.

Sure those that were highly critical of Corbyn for allegedly refusing to meet Trump will be equally as critical of Trump now its transpired that Corbyn requested a meeting and Trump refused.

Sick Boy

To be fair most of Trumps press conferences are followed by his staff trying to back peddle from all the comments he's made up on the spot.

Sure those that were highly critical of Corbyn for allegedly refusing to meet Trump will be equally as critical of Trump now its transpired that Corbyn requested a meeting and Trump refused.

You mean the ones who went on about Corbyn and the IRA and then voted for a party who had no issues with putting forward a pro IRA candidate?

Yeah I’m sure they will be haha

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Trump on a trade deal: "I think everything is on the table... NHS or anything else."

I see a lot of their leadership candidates have said it wouldn’t be on the table, has Johnson said anything about it? It’s inevitable it would be though, the USA will take full advantage of the UK.

Nick

Administrator
Why have they booked the day off work to go and be dicks? Saw a video of some woman going apeshit, surprised she didnt get chinned.

RegTheDonk

I sort of agree with you, but it isn't really the point. Khan talked about Trump's policies whereas Trump made it a personal attack.
Agreed, Trump shouldn't have made it personal. Should have just said what the fuck has US policy got to do with you?
Welcome Mr President,Wish we had a leader with backbone like him!!!
Don't agree at all with his slight towards minorities or women...but that over the top personality got him elected and he's following through. He's doing what he thinks is right for his country and if his country hate him so much and what he stands for, the Democrats will win next term.
I see a lot of their leadership candidates have said it wouldn’t be on the table, has Johnson said anything about it? It’s inevitable it would be though, the USA will take full advantage of the UK.
I doubt anyone, Lab Tory Lib or Other, would put the NHS at risk in such an obvious way mate. Its the one thing just about every one of us would be appauled at and opposition parties would be all over it.

Sick Boy

Agreed, Trump shouldn't have made it personal. Should have just said what the fuck has US policy got to do with you?

Don't agree at all with his slight towards minorities or women...but that over the top personality got him elected and he's following through. He's doing what he thinks is right for his country and if his country hate him so much and what he stands for, the Democrats will win next term.

I doubt anyone, Lab Tory Lib or Other, would put the NHS at risk in such an obvious way mate. Its the one thing just about every one of us would be appauled at and opposition parties would be all over it.

I’m not sure there’s going to be a lot of choice in the matter.

clint van damme

Think you've under estimated both the greed and hubris of UK politicians and the rank stupidity of large swathes of the UK public.
I hope you're right and I'm wrong though.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As much as Trump is a vile human being doesn't have the intelligence to run a school fete, he is (somehow) the elected leader of a democratic nation and should be treated as such by our representatives.

However, this thing about trade and being an ally, his speech (and those of many of the American's they've had on the news) suggests that America sees us more as a lackey, there to do their bidding and agree with them. If that's whats in it for us I'm not particularly interested. There's lots of stuff about America to like, plenty more to not like either. Gun laws, attitudes and rights for minorities/religions/women etc, foreign and border policy, a fanatical religious zealotry, a complete and total belief in capitalism and consumerism. Health and safety laws that kill more Americans each year than Terrorism has killed in total ever, but a refusal to provide public healthcare for their populace who must buy it themselves.

When you look at the vast majority of the US it's ideals are far more akin to those of Victorian Britain than a modern progressive society.

clint van damme

It's embarrassing, how can she get so worked up over a US president that has 0 effect on her life.

I don't think you're right to say he has 0 effect on her life.
US policy affects everyone.
Not saying I agree with her antics but what any US president does has a massive worldwide effect.
Blair was in charge of a much smaller country and managed to set the world on fire.

ccfc92

I don't think you're right to say he has 0 effect on her life.
US policy affects everyone.

Not saying I agree with her antics but what any US president does has a massive worldwide effect.
Blair was in charge of a much smaller country and managed to set the world on fire.

I do see your point, but come on. What realistically effects her from Trump being US president in her day to day life?

If she was a black or latina woman living in the US or an immigrant living in the US, I would agree with you.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Corbyn attending and speaking at protest tomorrow,labour the protest party the bloke is a disgrace to Britain.
Does he not want to be PM? Anti Semitism in his party not sorted,Protesting like a spoilt brat who's had his crayons nicked.
Grow up you prick,Same goes for Bercow,Cable and alike!!!

I agree entirely on him refusing to go to the state dinner etc. and that the problem of anti-Semitism in his party he should be doing more and being more vocal on the issue.

However, it does seem to be that this is being far more heavily focused on in the media than similar issues in other parties, Conservatives esp, who still have a massive Anti-Islamic problem and issues with anti-Semitism, racism, homophobia, misogny etc. It doesn't help when so many prominent pro-Corbyn supporters give an open goal with comments/tweets.

I'm not sure if Corbyn is anti-Semitic, just anti-Israel. The IHRA definition of anti-Semitism does suggest that any criticism of Israel or Israeli policy is anti-Semitic. Netenyahu often deflects any criticism aimed at him as purely anti-Semitism. Palestinian behaviour in the region leaves a lot to be desired, but Israeli behaviour even more so. Occupation, massively over the top responses to outbreaks of Palestinian violence. They use the support of the US to act like bullies in the region.

clint van damme

I do see your point, but come on. What realistically effects her from Trump being US president in her day to day life?

If she was a black or latina woman living in the US or an immigrant living in the US, I would agree with you.

How do you know what her back story is?
It doesn't just have to affect her, maybe she just has empathy with others that are suffering or she perceives as suffering.

Maybe she's just a nuisance, we'll never know

ccfc92

How do you know what her back story is?
It doesn't just have to affect her, maybe she just has empathy with others that are suffering or she perceives as suffering.

Maybe she's just a nuisance, we'll never know

I don't, but most people can make an educated guess. I imagine it's the latter.

clint van damme

I don't, but most people can make an educated guess. I imagine it's the latter.

The thing is I can't remember this much fuss when a protesting trump supporter murdered a woman in Charlottesville.
I'd rather be jostled and milkshaked than smashed to fuck by a car

Sick Boy

The UK saying hands off the NHS to the Yanks is as likely as the UK holding all the cards in the EU negotiations. It will happen but will be spun so much that people will end up accepting it.

clint van damme

The UK saying hands off the NHS to the Yanks is as likely as the UK holding all the cards in the EU negotiations. It will happen but will be spun so much that people will end up accepting it.

It's a terrifying thought.
62% of bankruptcies in the US involve debt incurred for medical bills.

Sick Boy

And it appears that May had to explain to Trump what the NHS was before he could answer a question, and some would like him in charge of their country hahaha

Oh yeah, he then repeated the NHS would have to be on the table in any trade negotiations.

skybluetony176

Just watched the press conference and if anyone is thinking that Trump see’s brexit anything other than an opportunity to rape the U.K. they need their head checking. That’s the best advert for cancelling brexit ever.

Sick Boy

Has he really claimed thousands lined the streets to welcome him to the country and the protest against him was fake news?

djr8369

Just watched the press conference and if anyone is thinking that Trump see’s brexit anything other than an opportunity to rape the U.K. they need their head checking. That’s the best advert for cancelling brexit ever.

Brexit was always about the rape of the U.K. and all while people were distracted by their prejudice and anger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread