Trump is here (7 Viewers)

lifeskyblue

He'd be a nightmare in charge

It’s all conjecture.
Most political commentators and voters thought May would be a safe pair of hands. The electorate bought her ‘strong and stable’ line. Look at the mess that landed us in.
So yes people think Corbyn would be a disaster but we will not know unless he does become PM. Same goes for Boris and the other Tory wannabe leaders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covstu

I seen him salute a copper when arriving and the copper didn't do it back, he looked a little daft!

Grendel

Well he’s had no problem selling a book of a certain Sinn Feinn leader in the House of Commons two weeks after a British MP was brutally murdered by the IRA

He was arrested campaigning for the murderer Patrick Magee

Would you have a problem if a Tory MP
Was grinning in the commons lobby two weeks after Joe Coxs murder selling a book by Britain First?

That’s why

Ian1779

Welcome Mr President, democratically elected leader of our greatest allies.

Most decent Brits are embarrassed by the rank hypocrisy of feeble lefties such as Khan, Corbyn, and Thornberry.

Yes - you've definitely got your finger on the pulse of society.

SkyblueBazza

Can't wait for closening our special relationship, what will Trump do if Sajid Javid becomes PM?
Do you actually think Trump is stupid? He knows exactly what he was doing with his tweet...putting the nails in Javid's leadership bid. The Tory party will not risk souring relations with our strongest ally.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chiefdave

Well he’s had no problem selling a book of a certain Sinn Feinn leader in the House of Commons two weeks after a British MP was brutally murdered by the IRA

He was arrested campaigning for the murderer Patrick Magee

Would you have a problem if a Tory MP
Was grinning in the commons lobby two weeks after Joe Coxs murder selling a book by Britain First?

That’s why
What's any of that got to do with him choosing to not meet Trump? Fair enough to dislike Corbyn on that basis but not sure how it relates to this particular issue.

If anything wouldn't it make it more likely he would want to meet Trump given Trump's past attendance at Sinn Feinn fundraisers?

fernandopartridge

Do you actually think Trump is stupid? He knows exactly what he was doing with his tweet...putting the nails in Javid's leadership bid. The Tory party will not risk spured relations with our strongest ally.

Yes, I think he is stupid.

His tweet was to Sadiq Khan.

SkyblueBazza

What about if Corbyn becomes PM haha imagine
The myth of his reaching out to all has now been shattered. He has met with terrorists and dictators...but is shunning our strongest ally's President who has only in the main mouthed-off so far.

SkyblueBazza

He's not the only one.... bet they won't mention that with the same gusto.
No...it is disgraceful for anyone who has respect for our state to boycott any state visit. Given that he has been invited by our state for a state visit - anyone who wishes to represent our state & present positively & constructively SHOULD be begging to spend as much time (to try to influence) with Trump as possible.

SkyblueBazza

Yes - you've definitely got your finger on the pulse of society.
You mean he is not listening to, or sympathising with the noisey minority?

Most of our society values our links with the US & will show upmost respect to the position of US President (whoever that happens to be)! So maybe it is you that is out of touch with the true pulse of society?

fernandopartridge

No...it is disgraceful for anyone who has respect for our state to boycott any state visit. Given that he has been invited by our state for a state visit - anyone who wishes to represent our state & present positively & constructively SHOULD be begging to spend as much time (to try to influence) with Trump as possible.

What a simpleton you really are

SkyblueBazza

Yes, I think he is stupid.

His tweet was to Sadiq Khan.
Lol...that was me being stupid!

Now I have read about what I thought I'd heard while driving...Khan would have done better to have shown respect for his own state by welcoming the President on invitation by his state.
Trump shouldn't have risen to it imo, but hey - that is Trump!

Users who are viewing this thread