Transfer targets (9 Viewers)

slowpoke

I have my doubts he will be back.
I’m really not convinced by JDS. I’d personally love to find a better LB option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robins is actively looking for a left back tried to get Owen Beck from Liverpool but got knocked back by Klopp due to a bit of an injury crisis in the fb position.

slowpoke

He'll do as a backup to The rolls royce though
The rolls will move on & Robins isn’t signing back-ups, he’s moved on. Later probably the next window I think he will be signing young 18/19/20 years olds to supplement our squads our recruitment team will be working overtime in the next few months.

slowpoke

He is still available now he is 21 Spurs have to put him in their 25 man first team squad where 8 have to be home grown or ???

Skybluedownunder

I know some people said we should go after this bloke so thought I’d post it…

Just seen on @league_1hub instagram page that has each teams highest paid player is saying that Cam Branningan of Oxford is earning £14k a week!! It says may or may not be true but information was taken from Salary Sport

Skybluedownunder

The rolls will move on & Robins isn’t signing back-ups, he’s moved on. Later probably the next window I think he will be signing young 18/19/20 years olds to supplement our squads our recruitment team will be working overtime in the next few months.

That Sam Curtis who went Sheff Utd would have been bloody perfect and really fit that mould.

Looking forward to seeing what the future will bring. Really excited

cstring82

I know some people said we should go after this bloke so thought I’d post it…

Just seen on @league_1hub instagram page that has each teams highest paid player is saying that Cam Branningan of Oxford is earning £14k a week!! It says may or may not be true but information was taken from Salary Sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatak
I saw that too, always thought he was a decent player, but didn’t match up to our midfield in the last cup game

mark82

He is still available now he is 21 Spurs have to put him in their 25 man first team squad where 8 have to be home grown or ???
Fox Please Stop GIF by New Girl

PVA

I must say I'm thoroughly enjoying this Udogie wind up.

I hope we make a move for Haaland or Isak once we've tied up the Udogie deal.

slowpoke

Oh, I see. Obviously the management at Spurs don't undertand the rules, as he's started 18 games!
He was under 21, the rules are different until they reach 21, I’ve just checked Spurs as an example have 17 non home grown, 8 home grown, 8 on loan and 21 under 21s that’s for this season, think the amount they can have on loan reduces next season to 6 or 7.
Forgetting Udogie I’m sure he will be in the 17 there are going to be some seriously good players coming up for grabs and probably at other PL clubs too. We are in a good position to swoop for bargains.

CovLad94

He was under 21, the rules are different until they reach 21, I’ve just checked Spurs as an example have 17 non home grown, 8 home grown, 8 on loan and 21 under 21s that’s for this season, think the amount they can have on loan reduces next season to 6 or 7.
Forgetting Udogie I’m sure he will be in the 17 there are going to be some seriously good players coming up for grabs and probably at other PL clubs too. We are in a good position to swoop for bargains.
You just mentioned Udogie and bargains in the same sentence, think you need a lie down

shmmeee

I think going into 2024/25 season (if at this level); a young CB + Binks (if he signs), leave the middle if Torp turns into the player we wanted, replace O'hare (if he leaves) with a 10 who's interchangeable with Palmer, replace Godden (if he leaves), at least 1x new winger.

I don't think there's a whole lot to be done.

Yeah two CBs who can challenge Thomas and Kitching, and some cover/challenge for Wright Simms and Saka. I expect Godden to go TBH or at least not be relied on so much.

When you’ve got good fringe player and players who can slot into two or three roles i don’t think you need cover for everywhere to be perfect. Maybe bring a young CB in for the right side with the view Lats can cover if needed and the same on the wings with Palmer covering. Allen and Eccles are useful utility players as well. Dasilva to some extent.

Think a good summer would be: Binks, and AM and a LW who can challenge in. Then a young ST/RW and CB for relatively cheap.

This squad/U23 looks alright. Maybe need another couple in defence for the youth.

Collins/Tyler
MvE/Burroughs
Thomas/CB
Kitching/Di Trolio
Bidwell/??
Sheaf/Howley
Torp/Moore
AM/Rus
Saka/Stretton
Simms/Obikwu
Wright/Eghosa

S: Wilson, Dasilva, Latibeaudiere, Eccles, Allen, Godden, Binks, Palmer, LW

Move Tavares on, have one of the kids on the bench or more if needed. Maybe needs another striker.

Last edited:

Manchester_sky_blue

Yeah two CBs who can challenge Thomas and Kitching, and some cover/challenge for Wright Simms and Saka. I expect Godden to go TBH or at least not be relied on so much.

When you’ve got good fringe player and players who can slot into two or three roles i don’t think you need cover for everywhere to be perfect. Maybe bring a young CB in for the right side with the view Lats can cover if needed and the same on the wings with Palmer covering. Allen and Eccles are useful utility players as well. Dasilva to some extent.

Think a good summer would be: Binks, and AM and a LW who can challenge in. Then a young ST/RW and CB for relatively cheap.

This squad/U23 looks alright. Maybe need another couple in defence for the youth.

Collins/Tyler
MvE/Burroughs
Thomas/CB
Kitching/Di Trolio
Bidwell/??
Sheaf/Howley
Torp/Moore
AM/Rus
Saka/Stretton
Simms/Obikwu
Wright/Eghosa

Move Tavares on, have one of the kids on the bench or more if needed. Maybe needs another striker.
Think you've mixed Eghosa and Rus up here but broadly speaking agree with it. Rus is a winger, Eghosa is an attacking centre mid.

napolimp

Collins/Tyler
MvE/Burroughs
Thomas/CB
Kitching/Di Trolio
Bidwell/??
Sheaf/Howley
Torp/Moore
AM/Rus
Saka/Stretton
Simms/Obikwu
Wright/Eghosa

May as well keep Tavares for another season now we've rehabilitated him. He may well fulfil his promise and become a good squad player.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Currently leading into next season we have this (players like O’hare out of contract not included)

Wilson / Collins
MvE / Burroughs
Thomas
Kitching
Bidwell / Dasilva
Sheaf / Latibeadiere
Eccles / Torp
Sakamoto / Tavares
Palmer / Allen
Wright
Simms / Godden

So in my eyes obvious business is Godden and Tavares out, 2x CB in, 1x ST, 1x winger
(Assuming we sign someone who can play across the front line including CAM this Jan)

slowpoke

I’ve watched Rus lots of times can’t remember him ever playing on the wing he is a very skilful midfielder as skilful as most, in old money an inside left or right half needs fatten up imo and he’ll be a good player for the future.

Terry Gibson's perm

I’ve watched Rus lots of times can’t remember him ever playing on the wing he is a very skilful midfielder as skilful as most, in old money an inside left or right half needs fatten up imo and he’ll be a good player for the future.
21 years old seems miles away from the first team and when he goes out on loan never lasts anywhere long I am going to take a guess and say he will need to be looking for a new club fairly soon.

Saddlebrains

21 years old seems miles away from the first team and when he goes out on loan never lasts anywhere long I am going to take a guess and say he will need to be looking for a new club fairly soon.

Agreed

A lot of them will be shown the door i feel

Howley and Burroughs the last 2 to come from the Academy we hold out any hope for

TomRad85

Agreed

Howley and Burroughs the last 2 to come from the Academy we hold out any hope for
Isaac Moore supposed to be good right?

Agree it needs a clear out though. Hoping we are now in a position where we're a club that can hoover up young talent from lower down the ladder.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Agreed

Other than Tavares I’ve assumed keeping everyone still on a contract but in reality I can see several of the U23s being moved on.

Even that squad there is only 32 players including everyone on a pro contract. Very lean ship.

Users who are viewing this thread