Transfer targets (24 Viewers)

Happy_Martian

Mike Ashley is at the CBS this evening as a guest of Doug. They're having a meal while Mike looks over the stadium and plans on giving DK a valuation for purchase. ;)

ccfc1234

Plays off the left but can play off the right and the no10 role. 22yo and on loan in the Dutch league from Belgium. I am not one for signing players from a video but this lad looks like the real deal and could cover a number of areas. @AFCCOVENTRY think this is the lad you said was or should be on our radar a few weeks ago?

AFCCOVENTRY

Plays off the left but can play off the right and the no10 role. 22yo and on loan in the Dutch league from Belgium. I am not one for signing players from a video but this lad looks like the real deal and could cover a number of areas. @AFCCOVENTRY think this is the lad you said was or should be on our radar a few weeks ago?

Yes I suggested him a few weeks back. Still developing as a player but has great talent and would become a great asset for us.

Danceswithhorses

This guy is a right footer who plays on the left, and Saka is a left footer who plays on the right.
That will confuse any opposition, especially if occasionally the 2 Japanese players were to swap over...defences wouldn't know which way to turn.

JoeCCFCPUSB

Reduction clauses in contracts happen of course.
Why would he go there if that affected him?
A mass exodus did not happen with Southampton, Leeds or Leicester? One or two of them may lose players next season.
Leeds lost: Tyler Adams : £27 million quid to Bournemouth, Rodrigo, Robert Koch > Frankfurt, Max Wober > Borussia Monchengladbach, Brenden Aaronson > Union Berlin, Luis Sinistera > Bournemouth, Jack Harrison > Everton, Kristensen > AS Roma, Marc Roca > Real Betis

Leicester City lost: James Maddison, Harvey Barnes, Youri Tielemans, TImmy Castagne, Soyuncu, Johnny Evans, Ayoze Perez, Soumare,

Southampton lost: Romeo Lavia to chelsea, James Ward Prowse, Timo Livramento, Nathan Tella, Salisu, Orsic, Bella-Kotchap, Caleta-Car, Theo Walcott, Elyounoussi.

That very much shows you mate that all 3 clubs faced a mass exodus, take into consideration all 3 clubs especially Leicester City and Southampton are big clubs when you factor in major achievements and longevity in the Premier League, and regardless of these 2 factors as you can see above the likes of Maddison, Harvey Barnes, Tielemans, Lavia, James Ward Prowse, Livramento, Tyler Adams, Sinistera, Marc Roca etc all packed their bags and left. Luton have neither longevity or major awards in the Premier League so they will have no chance of keeping their key players and they will really struggle to attract players because of their current position in the Premier League and the likely scenario they will almost certainly be playing Championship Football next season.

JoeCCFCPUSB

My mate is a Football Agent he has no Coventry players on his books, he also never ever tells me anything regarding transfers Coventry CIty are involved in. I did ask him the other day about the publicly released news that we were in for Rollheiser, he told me we were nowhere near clinching that deal however we are currently in for another foreign player. Whether that means another Argentinian, Dutch, or whatever the nationality, expect 1 more player come Monday/Tuesday. You can say i am chatting out my arse, that is fine but I have never posted anything regarding any rumors, player names or potential signings. I am simply stating what a mate who works in the industry has told me, this could be a 200k player that is something disappointing it could also be a 8 million quid talent. I have no clue, i was only told the club are in for a foreign player, i don't no the position i don't no the name etc etc.
I spoke again with my mate who is an agent tonight (playing weekly 5 a side) and tried to get some info about a deal he mentioned to me earlier this week. His words were very much the same, he was very much "stop asking me questions" laughing it off but very much meaning it, hence why I never really ask him because i know the reply i am going to get back. But he just said Monday or Tuesday, Coventry should have a "foreign based" player either announced or near enough over the line.

I also asked him, how does an agent get this type of information if you have no inside information and no players on the books playing at that club. He basically told me, it's fairly obvious, agents are almost always in contact with each other, but he said one of the most common reasons for finding out information a lot of the time is if an agent has a player on a permanent contract at lets say MK Dons, MK Dons will tell the player they are offloading him either on loan or for a fee and the reason why, alot of the time they will say to gain experience, game time or we have agreed a fee with (Coventry example) for (Godden example) , the agent will then be made aware by both the player and the club.

So based on this information, and it probably isn't but i thought about the possibility of it being Luis BInks on a permanent, he is technically a foreign based player because his parent club is Bologna. Having said that I just don't see us as a club sitting there knowing we have Binks until the end of the season and wanting to fork out a few million quid on him right now because he barely plays, but most importantly he could pick up a big injury and it just doesn't seem to me like it's worth risking.

Other than that, i still have no name, no position, no region or absolutely anything other than "foreign based" this could even technically be an Irish player.

Surely someone on here has heard something similar to what i have been told?

Monday or Tuesday according to my mate Coventry City should have either an announcement or an advancement and i would guess if it is the latter it will be public by either Turner or something along those lines.

Robinshio

I spoke again with my mate who is an agent tonight (playing weekly 5 a side) and tried to get some info about a deal he mentioned to me earlier this week. His words were very much the same, he was very much "stop asking me questions" laughing it off but very much meaning it, hence why I never really ask him because i know the reply i am going to get back. But he just said Monday or Tuesday, Coventry should have a "foreign based" player either announced or near enough over the line.

I also asked him, how does an agent get this type of information if you have no inside information and no players on the books playing at that club. He basically told me, it's fairly obvious, agents are almost always in contact with each other, but he said one of the most common reasons for finding out information a lot of the time is if an agent has a player on a permanent contract at lets say MK Dons, MK Dons will tell the player they are offloading him either on loan or for a fee and the reason why, alot of the time they will say to gain experience, game time or we have agreed a fee with (Coventry example) for (Godden example) , the agent will then be made aware by both the player and the club.

So based on this information, and it probably isn't but i thought about the possibility of it being Luis BInks on a permanent, he is technically a foreign based player because his parent club is Bologna. Having said that I just don't see us as a club sitting there knowing we have Binks until the end of the season and wanting to fork out a few million quid on him right now because he barely plays, but most importantly he could pick up a big injury and it just doesn't seem to me like it's worth risking.

Other than that, i still have no name, no position, no region or absolutely anything other than "foreign based" this could even technically be an Irish player.

Monday or Tuesday according to my mate Coventry City should have either an announcement or an advancement and i would guess if it is the latter it will be public by either Turner or something along those lines.
So basically your info is we may sign someone from somewhere at the end of the window . Brilliant info

Skybluedownunder

Sheffield United signing this Sam Curtis lad from St Patrick’s Athletic in Ireland looks like a massive opportunity missed. Looks absolutely class for 18 years old and went for a relatively low fee as it was a nominal fee as he was out of contract. Some big clubs linked too, would have been a good back up for MvE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

StrettoBoy

Sheffield United signing this Sam Curtis lad from St Patrick’s Athletic in Ireland looks like a massive opportunity missed. Looks absolutely class for 18 years old and went for a relatively low fee as it was a nominal fee as he was out of contract. Some big clubs linked too, would have been a good back up for MvE.

Given that some of the big boys in the Premiership and the major European leagues were after him I can't see him coming to us. He probably chose Sheffield United to get some game time in the Premiership. Why would he come to us just to be back-up to MVE?

It would have been nice though and he certainly fits our model.

Flying Fokker

Just wondering? Is your mate a Newsagent?

Skybluedownunder

Given that some of the big boys in the Premiership and the major European leagues were after him I can't see him coming to us. He probably chose Sheffield United to get some game time in the Premiership. Why would he come to us just to be back-up to MVE?

It would have been nice though and he certainly fits our model.

Sheffield United have came out and clearly said he’s one for the future and not likely to play in Prem, plus they are going straight back down anyways. He was also linked with Hull etc. He would have got minutes with us for sure.

So many good players coming out of Ireland last few years.

Last edited:

mrtrench

Ignore the negative people. You don't know much but you know more than almost everyone else and you've been kind enough to pass it on. I appreciate it and I'm sure others do too. Thank you.

JimmyHillsbeard

Brekalo in the Slovenian press openly criticising Viking for not letting him go. No mention of any club in for him now apart from Orlando from whom Viking have rejected a “final” €2m bid.

Seems pretty obvious that if we were still interested we could have secured him quite easily.

Brighton Sky Blue

Brekalo in the Slovenian press openly criticising Viking for not letting him go. No mention of any club in for him now apart from Orlando from whom Viking have rejected a “final” €2m bid.

Seems pretty obvious that if we were still interested we could have secured him quite easily.
So we probably aren’t

Skybluedownunder

Fair enough, I hadn't read that.

Perhaps it was an opportunity missed then, although given the competition for him getting his signature wouldn't have been easy.

In this report they said he’s one for the future and will be going in the U23s.

Had he of joined someone like us he would have been second choice RB, played a fair bit as MvE will need rests etc and there’s every potential we will go up.

Sheff Utd are going straight back down anyways.

Deity

Had he of joined someone like us he would have been second choice RB, played a fair bit as MvE will need rests etc and there’s every potential we will go up.

Why would any good young player choose a Wilder club. Zero track record of blooding young players …..

Martin180

Haven't we got Jack Burroughs to cover next season?

lord_garrincha

Could have been the next MVE...

Could have been the next Josh Reid...

slowpoke

Could have been the next MVE...

Could have been the next Josh Reid...
Young players are being hoovered up by PL clubs on a regular basis some as young as 15/16. As for this lad Sheffield have signed as far as I know there are no longer any U/23s teams, i’d think a loan out is most likely in August.

Saddlebrains

Haven't we got Jack Burroughs to cover next season?

Yep

And i think hes a very good player. He didnt exactly look shit last season a year in L1 will do him the world of good

Very happy to have Milan and Burroughs as the RB options next year

If we can make Binks perm, that would be Milan, Burroughs, Thomas, Kitching, Binks, Latibeaudiere, Bidwell, DaSilva as the defence options

Solid

shmmeee

Burroughs and Howley back after a season at a reasonable level next year, and Lats who can cover CM and RB, I think we’re OK for signings there right now. We need some young CBs and forwards really.

Skybluedownunder

Yep

And i think hes a very good player. He didnt exactly look shit last season a year in L1 will do him the world of good

Very happy to have Milan and Burroughs as the RB options next year

If we can make Binks perm, that would be Milan, Burroughs, Thomas, Kitching, Binks, Latibeaudiere, Bidwell, DaSilva as the defence options

Solid

I’m really not convinced by JDS. I’d personally love to find a better LB option

napolimp

Burroughs and Howley back after a season at a reasonable level next year, and Lats who can cover CM and RB, I think we’re OK for signings there right now. We need some young CBs and forwards really.

I think going into 2024/25 season (if at this level); a young CB + Binks (if he signs), leave the middle if Torp turns into the player we wanted, replace O'hare (if he leaves) with a 10 who's interchangeable with Palmer, replace Godden (if he leaves), at least 1x new winger.

I don't think there's a whole lot to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread