Transfer targets (23 Viewers)

slowpoke

They have had one or two move on, Villa bought one a year or so ago and another is at Brentford now and theres Charlie McCann still only 21 bought by Man United a few seasons back,
Now we haven’t got tinga & tucker flogging what they can whenever they can hopefully we can keep these young hopefuls for our first teams.
There are some good prospects here.

slowpoke

Other than Tavares I’ve assumed keeping everyone still on a contract but in reality I can see several of the U23s being moved on.

Even that squad there is only 32 players including everyone on a pro contract. Very lean ship.
There is no U/23 squad here anymore.

Alkhen

They have had one or two move on, Villa bought one a year or so ago and another is at Brentford now and theres Charlie McCann still only 21 bought by Man United a few seasons back,
Now we haven’t got tinga & tucker flogging what they can whenever they can hopefully we can keep these young hopefuls for our first teams.
There are some good prospects here.
McCann washed up at FGR

slowpoke

There is no U/23 squad here anymore.
There are players who are U23 who aren’t in the first team, aren’t on loan and are worth keeping around. Granted very few of them these days.

I think anyone over 20 who isn’t attracting at least L2 level attention for a loan is probably worth moving on.
What will dictate that is if their pro contract gets extended as always, can’t think of another one in the U/23 bracket you describe, just Rus I think, there’s Tom Costello but he’s only 20 & not sure about the keepers age wise one though Cian Tyler (21) has been on the bench a few times though but has a long standing wrist injury, fingers crossed for him.

larry_david

Rus needs league 1-2 loan in the next week for sure. He signed a few deal in summer so clearly they think something of him as that age it would have been easy to say goodbye like we did with George Burroughs and bapaga

JSL

Still no news on any signings this window then. It's all a bit dull really. I was really hoping for something this week as others intimidated might happen. Will have to do with a massive cup win tonight instead then

Manchester_sky_blue

Rus needs league 1-2 loan in the next week for sure. He signed a few deal in summer so clearly they think something of him as that age it would have been easy to say goodbye like we did with George Burroughs and bapaga
Think he'll get one. He played well for Chorley in his last short term loan. He's got a future in the game, whether they think he can make the step up with us or as a saleable asset to someone further down the pyramid

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Still no news on any signings this window then. It's all a bit dull really. I was really hoping for something this week as others intimidated might happen. Will have to do with a massive cup win tonight instead then
I Reckon we might get one in on loan before the end of deadline day. Could be wrong, just a hunch

slowpoke

We are so lucky to have him, he’s a bit of a one off in the modern game he obviously has our club in his DNA and superb management ability and has managed to get two superb assistance at his side in Ady and Dennis Lawrence and slowly built a team below that of scouts and coaches.

Deity

I spoke to an Academy Director last year ( not Cov ) who explained at under 23 level every club will have players they know won’t make the cut at that club but you need enough bodies to run meaningful training sessions, play fixtures etc … in other words they use them as a means to an end. Harsh to play with peoples dreams like that but the reality of elite sport.

Manchester_sky_blue

I spoke to an Academy Director last year ( not Cov ) who explained at under 23 level every club will have players they know won’t make the cut at that club but you need enough bodies to run meaningful training sessions, play fixtures etc … in other words they use them as a means to an end. Harsh to play with peoples dreams like that but the reality of elite sport.
Tom Costello was very much that kind of signing. Feels very harsh.

MikeyMoo

US college sports programs will give full scholarships to an entire squad because they think they have 1 player who will make it as a pro.

CovLad94

Isaac Moore supposed to be good right?

Agree it needs a clear out though. Hoping we are now in a position where we're a club that can hoover up young talent from lower down the ladder.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Weren't he meant to be going to Villa at one point?

baldy

Other than Tavares I’ve assumed keeping everyone still on a contract but in reality I can see several of the U23s being moved on.

Even that squad there is only 32 players including everyone on a pro contract. Very lean ship.

Isn’t that enough?

ceetee

I think in American 'Football' they have training squads who are only there to give the playing squad practice opposition. Occasionally, but rarely, some player might graduate to the playing squad, but that's not why they are there

Nuskyblue

Burroughs and Howley back after a season at a reasonable level next year, and Lats who can cover CM and RB, I think we’re OK for signings there right now. We need some young CBs and forwards really.
How's Howley getting on north of the border?

Tomh111

Debut from that Wednesday keeper against us tonight, he looked great for an 18 year old!

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Tea & Busquets

We need a keeper come summer. A truly reliable number #1 at this level and beyond. Bin off Wilson and Moore with Collins second fiddle. Dani Figueira from Estoril would be perfect. Marek Rodak is another shout.

Users who are viewing this thread