Transfer targets (28 Viewers)

ptr

We need a keeper come summer. A truly reliable number #1 at this level and beyond. Bin off Wilson and Moore with Collins second fiddle. Dani Figueira from Estoril would be perfect. Marek Rodak is another shout.

What has Collins done wrong? Only three teams have conceded less than us this year.

He is nothing special but we are not going to get much better unless it’s for a ridiculous price.

slowpoke

We need a keeper come summer. A truly reliable number #1 at this level and beyond. Bin off Wilson and Moore with Collins second fiddle. Dani Figueira from Estoril would be perfect. Marek Rodak is another shout.
I think Collins is okay but I’d bring another keeper perhaps on loan until May

Tea & Busquets

What has Collins done wrong? Only three teams have conceded less than us this year.

He is nothing special but we are not going to get much better unless it’s for a ridiculous price.
I’m of the same thought however if we’re a team looking to go up with should be looking at better players in all positions. Collins is decent but he’s not the guy for a prem push imo.

JoeCCFCPUSB

I honestly thought when we signed Collins it was because Moore was off, so we bought another backup. I honestly can admit, on top of that i thought he was rubbish, this was based entirely on the sum of money he cost, the club he came from and my pre judgment he was signing as a backup. I had not even seen Collins play 1 game and judged him, i honestly believe so many other Cov fans did the exact same thing, can't blame anyone for that tho, we are fans and we want notable names. Not only has Collins come in and impressed, he has excelled and in my view he looks just that 1 step ahead of Wilson if we go by pure talent. Wilson is a huge personality, a big physical presence and has a very Jordan Pickford/ Emi Martinez vibe about him (personality.) Brad Collins lacks personality, he quietly goes about things, he has great ability on the ball, he is agile and a great shot stopped. I am so impressed how we have paid peanuts for him and he has ended up being a fantastic first choice goalkeeper with so much room for improvement.

Martin180

I honestly thought when we signed Collins it was because Moore was off, so we bought another backup. I honestly can admit, on top of that i thought he was rubbish, this was based entirely on the sum of money he cost, the club he came from and my pre judgment he was signing as a backup. I had not even seen Collins play 1 game and judged him, i honestly believe so many other Cov fans did the exact same thing, can't blame anyone for that tho, we are fans and we want notable names. Not only has Collins come in and impressed, he has excelled and in my view he looks just that 1 step ahead of Wilson if we go by pure talent. Wilson is a huge personality, a big physical presence and has a very Jordan Pickford/ Emi Martinez vibe about him (personality.) Brad Collins lacks personality, he quietly goes about things, he has great ability on the ball, he is agile and a great shot stopped. I am so impressed how we have paid peanuts for him and he has ended up being a fantastic first choice goalkeeper with so much room for improvement.
Collins is the best keeper we've had since Westwood imo

long way home

We can see now certain players are being left behind the rest of the group. I see 15 really good players that fit and have at least another season. And 6 that we could improve on, unfortunately for some i think its either last few days at the club or last few months.

We have to keep progressing and some gave served a purpose but time to move on...

Matt smith

We can see now certain players are being left behind the rest of the group. I see 15 really good players that fit and have at least another season. And 6 that we could improve on, unfortunately for some i think its either last few days at the club or last few months.

We have to keep progressing and some gave served a purpose but time to move on...
Think Allen will be the next one after the obvious ones

Mucca Mad Boys

Think Allen will be the next one after the obvious ones

Allen probably stays one more season at the current trajectory. He offers a lot of energy and last season has improved his goals and assists. Doesn’t get the same game time now but he still contributes.

Sheaf, Eccles and Torp is a good group, but think we need a 4th CM to get through the Championship season. If we get promoted, we’ll need even better. Lati is good cover but I can see why MR is hesitant to consider him a CM. He’s someone who can cover that position if we’re in need.

Last edited:

covcity4life

This is what I was saying at start of season when I said want us to upgrade on likes of godden and allen

was met with abuse then. Some even saying Allen much better than Palmer and godden one of best strikers around etc. but think most coming round to understand what I meant . It's not a hate thing. Both players have done so much for cov we always be thankful. But they have reached their ceilings and we are constructing another floor as a club!

Mucca Mad Boys

This is what I was saying at start of season when I said want us to upgrade on likes of godden and allen

was met with abuse then. Some even saying Allen much better than Palmer and godden one of best strikers around etc. but think most coming round to understand what I meant . It's not a hate thing. Both players have done so much for cov we always be thankful. But they have reached their ceilings and we are constructing another floor as a club!

Long term, that’s definitely the case. But, in the summer replacing those players wasn’t a priority because we had a lot more pressing needs.

Users who are viewing this thread