Transfer targets (13 Viewers)

The Philosopher

Given that MR sometimes changes formation depending on opposition and how the game is going, I wonder if JDS can play a little more forward in the role JWE played a couple of times if the formation requires.

I have doubts that we have enough AM options with the injury history of Allen, Palmer and O’Hare

Last edited:

The Philosopher

Squad of 33 works, 2 for each position and a capable kid / u21 shadowing / being able to play in an emergency.
Just checked, Wiki has us with 23 on the firsts, including Moore who is probably surplus.

10 in the u21’s. Personally think we are a bit light in the development squad but I’m sure that’ll change as players develop.

Hertsccfc

Such a ridiculously small squad for this level.
Really? We have players like Bidwell and Binks unable to get near the starting 11. Basically we have at least two experienced players for each position. Going to be difficult to keep all these players happy in my view.

Would you rather we had kept Kane, Waghorn, Dacosta and Hilssner just to fill out the numbers?

We have a much stronger squad but lack the outstanding players that we had last season with Hamer and Gyokeres. Let's hope we can develop a few to that level.

SeaSeeEffCee

It was a pretty thick comment though saying that it’s a ridiculously sized squad etc - there’s 2 players for every position virtually - do you want a squad of 33?
Well considering most teams in this league have 26/27 man squads probably around there. No idea why you’d jump to 33.

Our own manager spent most of the run in last season bemoaning how small our squad was and now it’s smaller. He also publicly said he wanted 4 more in before we signed Ayari and Kitching so we’re also two short at least of what he wanted. Are you questioning Robins judgment in that regard?

Of our 23 we’re also including O’Hare who is coming back from two big injuries, Tavares who is coming back from a big injury (and isn’t good enough anyway), Allen who is coming back from a heart problem and Moore who is completely surplus to requirements.

It’s possible to think we have a good squad of players without thinking we have enough of them btw, even though many people haven’t seemed to be able to grasp that. It’s a light squad for the amount of games we have to play at this level and injuries are going to happen. There will be a few games between now and January where we’re badly short.

Samo

Really? We have players like Bidwell and Binks unable to get near the starting 11. Basically we have at least two experienced players for each position. Going to be difficult to keep all these players happy in my view.

Would you rather we had kept Kane, Waghorn, Dacosta and Hilssner just to fill out the numbers?

We have a much stronger squad but lack the outstanding players that we had last season with Hamer and Gyokeres. Let's hope we can develop a few to that level.

We need to allow time for players to become outstanding.
Vik looked like a man with his knees tied together when he first arrived and Gus was an accident waiting to happen.
Some of our new players will shine.

CCFCSteve

Our play is too slow and predictable with the Sheaf/Cake combination. With time hopefully Ayari can go in there and improve that.

I still think you stick ohare (maybe ayari but hard to comment) ahead of those two and we’re a different beast. That’s not knocking Palmer but it’s combinations of players sometimes. Eccles and Sheaf have obviously been told covering defence/playing safe is their primary responsibility in current formation

We’ve also got to remember how we/Robins has set up in the past. Hamer played further forward in a more creative role last season but never when we had two up top and a 10, before that he didn’t have great goals and assists record and was less creative as he was being asked to do a different job for the team

fatso

It's one window. We've signed 11 players.

We lost two players we knew would leave us.

We got excellent fees for both those players.

We're not reliant on loans at all this season.

We nearly got promoted with a squad this size.

We've got more depth in all areas except CM.

We've got a potential star back soon (O'Hare).

We can trust we'll add more in Jan if needed.

Looking for a negative in all that is weird to me.
Oh trust me, there will be some bedwetter who's still not happy!

Samo

Anyone think we might still pick up a CM whose contract was cancelled yesterday?

jackdg

I wonder if Ohare is making great progress so the need for another am not as large
That’s my reading of the situation, O’Hare and (to a lesser extent) Tavares are progressing so less of a desperate need for another CM or a new 4th choice striker

SBT

Failing to strengthen adequately at DM will be this squad’s Achilles heel when fixtures take their toll.
I don’t feel like we’re lacking DMs at all, we have three of them in the squad plus Latibeaudiere competing for (maximum) two positions. We don’t have that kind of depth in several other areas of the pitch.

slowpoke

I think the squad is okay would love better who wouldn’t but we have two for all positions, our recruitment team have three/ four months to dig up some more quality for January, I think they will.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

I don’t feel like we’re lacking DMs at all, we have three of them in the squad plus Latibeaudiere competing for (maximum) two positions. We don’t have that kind of depth in several other areas of the pitch.
Again it’s less the quantity and more the type of player.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Who highly regards him?

I think Lati will now move up to DM which would make sense. You don’t sign a player for a quoted £5m to have him on the bench.
One thing I like about our signings this summer is they are very versatile and can cover various positions, onwards and upwards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's a good shout, Lati play's in midfield for Jamaica.

Grendel

Yeah that's a good shout, Lati play's in midfield for Jamaica.

So he has never played there in the championship but does in a shite international team - makes sense

Grendel

Oh No Facepalm GIF

Grendel

Well he doesn't play there for Liverpool. By your rules that's not experienced enough right?

Well I wouldn’t compare England to Jamaica or the two individuals or the fact it doesn’t happen at club level but if you say so

The Philosopher

Anyone think we might still pick up a CM whose contract was cancelled yesterday?
Yes, if a top Prem level club has let someone go then I think there is certainly room in our development squad. I refer to the BBC iPlayer documentary “Boot Dreams” (worth a watch).

Samo

Yes, if a top Prem level club has let someone go then I think there is certainly room in our development squad. I refer to the BBC iPlayer documentary “Boot Dreams” (worth a watch).

Yeah I'm watching Boot Dreams.
I was thinking more of clubs who are skint and thinning the squad at the end of the window. Particularly if the player wants out anyway.

Samo

We need to allow time for players to become outstanding.
Vik looked like a man with his knees tied together when he first arrived and Gus was an accident waiting to happen.
Some of our new players will shine.

There ya go folks... your new Sky Blue hero is born!

Users who are viewing this thread