Transfer targets (22 Viewers)

Tea & Busquets

In terms of free agents I’d offer trials to. Aimar Sher, promising midfielder who’s mutually terminated his contract at Spezia due to a lack of playing time, still only 20 and keeps the Swedish train going 🥳

covcity4life

Obviously.

Morelos anyone? Absolute headache but the type of player Mark and Ady might be able to get to grips with.

Axel Tunzenabe? Might do a job but we’ve just spent a load of money on that area.

A coupe of weeks back, MR said he wanted / needed 4 players in. We’ve got 2.

3 injury scares yesterday.

Free agents are our only option.
Be over the moon with morales fat or not

Matt smith

Obviously.

Morelos anyone? Absolute headache but the type of player Mark and Ady might be able to get to grips with.

Axel Tunzenabe? Might do a job but we’ve just spent a load of money on that area.

A coupe of weeks back, MR said he wanted / needed 4 players in. We’ve got 2.

3 injury scares yesterday.

Free agents are our only option.
Morelos 😂😂😂

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

When was the last time we signed a free agent after a transfer window?

We need quality, there's a good reason these players are free agents.

BlueSkiesForever

Jean-Philipe Gbamin?
Not a bad shout tbf, may be a bit old for Robins approach but he’d be solid enough at this level. Just get the feeling Robins will soldier on with the current team even if there was a perfectly good option out there for a short term Hamer replacement. Although I suppose the one thing you have to watch for with free agents is temperament, there’s usually a reason why contracts have been mutually terminated.

Pusb1

Not a bad shout tbf, may be a bit old for Robins approach but he’d be solid enough at this level. Just get the feeling Robins will soldier on with the current team even if there was a perfectly good option out there for a short term Hamer replacement. Although I suppose the one thing you have to watch for with free agents is temperament, there’s usually a reason why contracts have been mutually terminated.
he's literally been injured constantly since Everton signed him like 4 years ago. Barely played a game in that time..

BlueSkiesForever

he's literally been injured constantly since Everton signed him like 4 years ago. Barely played a game in that time..
Ah fair enough, I’m not up to date on every player in the prem tbf but basically that type of player (minus the injuries) is the sort of CM I think we need.

junglej13

Jean-Philipe Gbamin?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Used to live in Liverpool so know quite a few Evertonian's. When Maupay was being sold on Friday I asked a few of them who was the worst pound for pound signing they'd ever made...

Three of them instantly said Gbamin was a clear number 1! I'd never heard of him. I think he's played 4 games in 4 years.

SlowerThanPlatt

Watched Cambridge 1-0 Reading on Sky last night, George Thomas was playing a deep lying midfield role and did well tbf.

The best player though was right back Liam Bennett, never heard of him before last night but one to keep an eye on as he’s 21

Tomh111

Ah fair enough, I’m not up to date on every player in the prem tbf but basically that type of player (minus the injuries) is the sort of CM I think we need.
Why?

He has done nothing in 4 years, even when they bought him he offers zero creativity and zero quality on the ball. He just breaks up play, all be it at an average level in the Bundesliga 5 seasons ago.

He was also on 75k a week at Everton - which is one of the reasons they are financially ruined.

I'd sooner watch Liam Kelly play 90 minutes week in and week out than sign him.

Frostie

Why?

He has done nothing in 4 years, even when they bought him he offers zero creativity and zero quality on the ball. He just breaks up play, all be it at an average level in the Bundesliga 5 seasons ago.

He was also on 75k a week at Everton - which is one of the reasons they are financially ruined.

£25m & £75k per week for 200mins of Premier League football... And people wonder why Everton are where they are.

To be fair though, with Gbamin it's been mostly injury that's ruined him.

Ccfcisparks

Really? Clucas is a great player, and always appeared to have a good head on his shoulders. Would be a decent signing for someone.
Yep I was surprised to. Seen in the last season hes managed just over 20 appearances in 2 of them and 13 or so last year.

Skybluedownunder

Bashir Humphreys is with the first team England squad after an injury to Levi Colwill. Makes you wonder should we have just loaned him instead of Kitching and waited for the fee to lower or wait for Brekalo or Cashin.

I hope Kitching turns out to be a huge success but Humphreys was there on the table and clearly a huge talent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueSkiesForever

Why?

Well tbf if it’s the case that he’s been out injured for most of those 4 years like others have said then that’s probably why he’s done nothing at Everton. Also remember we’re not in the prem so don’t exactly need a premier league level player, just someone that is solid at championship level, even if it’s just a year contract to help us out, he’s a free agent so won’t cost us anything.
I’m not saying Gbamin is the only option, we just need someone like that to add to our midfield as it’s clearly lacking atm.

Balli001

Bashir Humphreys is with the first team England squad after an injury to Levi Colwill. Makes you wonder should we have just loaned him instead of Kitching and waited for the fee to lower or wait for Brekalo or Cashin.

I hope Kitching turns out to be a huge success but Humphreys was there on the table and clearly a huge talent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And not ours

skybluecam

Yeah coz they are in a superb bargaining position. :ROFLMAO:
They are, actually. Window closed so limited pool of players to pick from and anyone we're interested in will very likely have lots of interest from other championship clubs and elsewhere, some of him will undoubtedly be able to offer higher wages than us.

Samo

They are, actually. Window closed so limited pool of players to pick from and anyone we're interested in will very likely have lots of interest from other championship clubs and elsewhere, some of him will undoubtedly be able to offer higher wages than us.

Oh dear me, have a word! They are unemployed and in no position to demand anything. They have 2 choices; adjust their financial expectations or don't play. And if they choose the latter, that may be the end of their career.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread