Transfer Shouts (2 Viewers)

Blind-Faith

I’m trying to focus on the small positive in that we still have the big 3 still at the club.

Would be nice to get a LWB in though. Bidwell proved he’s more than capable at filling in at CB and also sheaf can drop in to CB at a push.

It’s about to adding quality for me and we’ve done that with Palmer to help out O’Hare.

So as unlikely as it is going to be, if we managed to not sell anyone and just bought in 1 LWB who is our own player and not a loan, I’d be ok with that.

Terry_dactyl

I’m trying to focus on the small positive in that we still have the big 3 still at the club.

Would be nice to get a LWB in though. Bidwell proved he’s more than capable at filling in at CB and also sheaf can drop in to CB at a push.

It’s about to adding quality for me and we’ve done that with Palmer to help out O’Hare.

So as unlikely as it is going to be, if we managed to not sell anyone and just bought in 1 LWB who is our own player and not a loan, I’d be ok with that.
Not selling anyone would be great but still think, even with Bidwell able to cover, we’ll need another CB…which sounds like it’s on the cards Tbf.

I may be delusional but I think Eccles could be the answer if/when Hamer goes. I’ve been really impressed with him.

Blind-Faith

Not selling anyone would be great but still think, even with Bidwell able to cover, we’ll need another CB…which sounds like it’s on the cards Tbf.

I may be delusional but I think Eccles could be the answer if/when Hamer goes. I’ve been really impressed with him.

Yeah I agree regarding Eccles , after seeing him a couple of years ago you could tell he had something about him.

The only concern is his injury record as he appears to constantly pick up little knocks. But if he stays fit I think he is going to surprise a few people with how good he is

Terry_dactyl

Yeah I agree regarding Eccles , after seeing him a couple of years ago you could tell he had something about him.

The only concern is his injury record as he appears to constantly pick up little knocks. But if he stays fit I think he is going to surprise a few people with how good he is
When he played CM in the last few games a couple of seasons ago, I thought he was our best player. When he came back last season a RWB he looked great also.
Fitness is key.
Good. I feel less delusional.

Now if we can just start playing Dabo in the middle we are sorted…

SBAndy

Callum Doyle I reckon, left footed, played a lot of games for Sunderland last season, good player, him or the left back from Palace

I also have a feeling it’ll be him which explains the delay - he’s just won the U19 Euros with England. Interestingly played LB throughout by the looks of it.

SBAndy

I also have a feeling it’ll be him which explains the delay - he’s just won the U19 Euros with England. Interestingly played LB throughout by the looks of it.

Edit: and I did not realise the U19 head coach was our youth coach under Robins first time around!

Sky Blue Harry H

I might be out on a limb here, (and I'll back him 100% if we get him) but I don't want it to be Doyle. He's very young, was very inconsistent for Sunderland (who were meant to be a 'force' in L1, so he should have had it 'easy') and I watched him in the U19s final last night and his distribution was distinctly average. He may become a very good player, but I think he will be very vulnerable in the Championship at the moment.

Tommo1993

I might be out on a limb here, (and I'll back him 100% if we get him) but I don't want it to be Doyle. He's very young, was very inconsistent for Sunderland (who were meant to be a 'force' in L1, so he should have had it 'easy') and I watched him in the U19s final last night and his distribution was distinctly average. He may become a very good player, but I think he will be very vulnerable in the Championship at the moment.

Seconded.

mark82

Feels like it would be a step back from JCS.

SeaSeeEffCee

Signing a CB on loan who couldn’t get into Sunderland’s League One team at the end of last season while they spend £2m on a CB who played a full season for Millwall last year would really sum up how far behind we are financially compared to most teams in this league.

Last edited:

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Signing a CB on loan who couldn’t get into Sunderland’s League One team at the end of last season while the spend £2m on a CB who played a full season for Millwall last year would really sum up how far behind we are financially compared to most teams in this league.
I think it proves that we won’t be going anywhere unless we get new owners or sisu all of a sudden decide to actually start putting some good investments into the club

Skyblue_CP

This window for the first time since Robins came back has that feel of the Mowbray window of 2016. Failed targets, having to switch to plans B,C and D losing out on them too, bringing nobody in, then selling Vincelot a week before the first match.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

This window for the first time since Robins came back has that feel of the Mowbray window of 2016. Failed targets, having to switch to plans B,C and D losing out on them too, bringing nobody in, then selling Vincelot a week before the first match.
Not just yet, I think it feels like a normal window to me so far, there will be signings, and I trust Robins and the recruitment team to get it right whereas Mowbray I wasnt 100% sure

Frostie

Signing a CB on loan who couldn’t get into Sunderland’s League One team at the end of last season while they spend £2m on a CB who played a full season for Millwall last year would really sum up how far behind we are financially compared to most teams in this league.

Doyle is going to Sheffield United, he can't be that bad.

Pricey1984

We haven't really lost too any key players though. That summer it was as you have described, but in addition we lost so many key players such as fleck, Armstrong, cole, madders, Murphy and vincelot

Users who are viewing this thread