Transfer Shouts (7 Viewers)

Skybluebeliever

No mention of any of ours by Fulham’s reporter for The Athletic…Juventus, AC Milan and Man United players though!

Fulham did come in for Hamer were knocked back and appear to have gone elsewhere , the problem is if Hamer does not attract interest at the right levels , it puts at risk o’hare becoming the player that could go

junglej13

Fulham did come in for Hamer were knocked back and appear to have gone elsewhere , the problem is if Hamer does not attract interest at the right levels , it puts at risk o’hare becoming the player that could go
Makes it a really tough window. Long way to go yet. Hope the club continue to play hard ball.

mmttww

Would people be happy with us bagging a CB - ideally left footed - and a LWB while hanging on to what we've got?

Reading Robins' comments today, sounds like this is the plan as things stand - he mentioned two defenders.

For me, if we evolve and start using a back four in some games, that feels like enough at the back, just about.

Skybluedownunder

With Brighton losing Bissouma you’d think they’d be the one who would be going after Hamer most. Them or Brentford.
Personally I didn’t know if the Hamer to Fulham thing was just fluff like Rose or Westbrooke to Leeds just to lure Brighton into thinking it’s a bidding war.
With Fulham having Harry Wilson I can’t see them wanting O’Hare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WGABSOOS

Would people be happy with us bagging a CB - ideally left footed - and a LWB while hanging on to what we've got?

Reading Robins' comments today, sounds like this is the plan as things stand - he mentioned two defenders.

For me, if we evolve and start using a back four in some games, that feels like enough at the back, just about.
I reckon it's 2 centre half's. Kane and dabo could cover left as bidwell will start

shmmeee

LCB is essential.

LWB at a push we could play Bidwell and bring in an U23 for cover and challenge. I’d like another U23 CB as well cos we’re quite light there.

That’s the bare minimum IMO.

CovLad94

Seen Michael Hector's name thrown around on twitter as joining on a free, I can see it happening tbf being ex Chelsea and the Viveash link

Tommo1993

Tomori, Abraham and Hudson-Odoi would’ve been under Viveash’s supervision as well, when do those rumours start?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

LCB is essential.

LWB at a push we could play Bidwell and bring in an U23 for cover and challenge. I’d like another U23 CB as well cos we’re quite light there.

That’s the bare minimum IMO.
I'd still prefer another 1st team centre back. Rose can be a bit hit and miss and I'm constantly worried that at some point Fadz is just not going to be able to hack it anymore.

U23 we have Burroughs, McGrath and Alabi, and it seems like Reid and Rowe are being though of more as central these days.

We just brought in an U23 to cover LWB.

Although I'd prefer permanent signings, I'd happily take some decent loanees to make the team stronger.

HuckerbysQuiff

Burnley being linked with O’Hare this morning - apparently Kompany is pushing to get a deal done. Seems interest is picking up on him rather then Gus/Vik - hopefully turns into nothing.

slowpoke

Burnley being linked with O’Hare this morning - apparently Kompany is pushing to get a deal done. Seems interest is picking up on him rather then Gus/Vik - hopefully turns into nothing.
To sell to a championship rival would be crazy as for Burnley having just signed Scott Twine for a reported £4million good player in league one but no championship experience but compare him with O’Hare played almost every game in the last two years there’s a price on his head far greater than Twines a minimum than double imo.
We shouldn’t be selling any first team star to any championship rival.

HuckerbysQuiff

To sell to a championship rival would be crazy as for Burnley having just signed Scott Twine for a reported £4million good player in league one but no championship experience but compare him with O’Hare played almost every game in the last two years there’s a price on his head far greater than Twines a minimum than double imo.

I’m not saying it’s happening, it’s being reported though. Ambitious move by Kompany, yet we know they’ll have cash & will throw it around as per Twine. That said his value has been pumped up by fact he can finish & simple facts are goals increase value & come at a commodity. Twine is also different player to Cal & plays as secondary striker rather than a link between midfield/forward.

O’Hare is an established Championship player based on last few years, if sold I think many of us doubt it would be £8m. Hopefully we’re playing hardball with enquiries & holding out as per some comments on here.

Problem being is… as/when one of Callum/Gus/Vik do go is what money we’ll have to reinvest & who’s next in our pipeline. It’s been a tough start to our activity with targets not going our way, hopefully some movement will happen over next week or so.

junglej13

We shouldn’t be selling any first team star to any championship rival.
If we are going to sell to anyone Burnley seem to be throwing money around.

Last edited:

slowpoke

I’m not saying it’s happening, it’s being reported though. Ambitious move by Kompany, yet we know they’ll have cash & will throw it around as per Twine. That said his value has been pumped up by fact he can finish & simple facts are goals increase value & come at a commodity. Twine is also different player to Cal & plays as secondary striker rather than a link between midfield/forward.

O’Hare is an established Championship player based on last few years, if sold I think many of us doubt it would be £8m. Hopefully we’re playing hardball with enquiries & holding out as per some comments on here.

Problem being is… as/when one of Callum/Gus/Vik do go is what money we’ll have to reinvest & who’s next in our pipeline. It’s been a tough start to our activity with targets not going our way, hopefully some movement will happen over next week or so.
My worry is as the transfer window shrinks week by week there’s we could say conveniently less time to reinvest, why not buy first then sell

slowpoke

If we are going to see to anyone Burnley seem to be throwing money around.
Burnley have sort of become a flavour of the month club since the arrival of Vince Kompany as manager great player but I think could find the championship tough it’s possibly the toughest division in football.

Users who are viewing this thread