Transfer Shouts (6 Viewers)

Grendel

If he was on 20k a week, that's £1m a year. if Bristol paid half, that's still 500k a year to us in wages.

Edit: f it's a 3 year deal. they will only support for one year. I'd presume his wages would then drop after the first year? No idea - just guessing.

His contract also is up at the end of next season so that would be the most they would contribute for next season so its unlikely he will be a reserve back up player

Grendel

Palmer only seems to have started 1 match for Bristol last season?

Greggs

Why are we signing players not good enough for the championship?
Just got to think of a catchy surname now

Grendel

lol

ccfc_Tom

The forward we have been working on for a while , think it’s discussions with parent club , not sure if Waghorn and Walker not moving on yet could stall this
Do you hear about every signing we are trying to make or making? Or are there ones you never hear about until they are announced by the club?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Palmer last 6 year stats (since he started playing in the Championship):

16/17: 24 appearances, 4 goals, 3 assists
17/18: 15 appearances, 2 goals, 1 assist
18/19: 29 appearances, 3 goals, 1 assist
19/20: 25 appearances, 1 goal, 3 assists
20/21: 35 appearances, 3 goals, 2 assists
21/22: 6 appearances, 1 goal , 0 assists

Total: 134 appearances, 14 goals, 10 assists

I'm not trying to be a pantomime villain here, but these stats are appalling. Are we just getting excited that we are making a signing, or am I missing something? Genuine question and not looking to be negative for no reason. I am just looking at this and it doesn't make sense to me. It is widely agreed that O'Hare offers a lot overall to the team, but his stats are regarded as too low and we need more product from an AM, isn't it? Palmer's stats are probably even lower depending on how you match up the analysis, and that is over six seasons playing in the Championship. Obviously I hope he does well here, and he will have my full support, but to be as polite as possible I'm a bit baffled and sadly underwhelmed by this, especially given that he will in all likelihood be a top earner.

rexo87

lol

Most people on there think he’s a decent player who didn’t fit the system

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saddlebrains

I'm not trying to be a pantomime villain here, but these stats are appalling. Are we just getting excited that we are making a signing, or am I missing something? Genuine question and not looking to be negative for no reason. I am just looking at this and it doesn't make sense to me. It is widely agreed that O'Hare offers a lot overall to the team, but his stats are regarded as too low and we need more product from an AM, isn't it? Palmer's stats are probably even lower depending on how you match up the analysis, and that is over six seasons playing in the Championship. Obviously I hope he does well here, and he will have my full support, but to be as polite as possible I'm a bit baffled and sadly underwhelmed by this, especially given that he will in all likelihood be a top earner.

Gyok was the shittest player ever to wear a Swansea shirt according to them

Doncaster fans laughed at us having Sheaf in the championship

Players can flourish in the right environment

I'm not getting over excited with this but I'm also not going to start the moaning some have done.

You don't get constant championship moves if there's not something about you

WGABSOOS

Not dissimilar stats to ohare yet he is adored by the majority

Grendel

Most people on there think he’s a decent player who didn’t fit the system

There’s a general view he preferred to stay and not play to collect his wages

stupot07

How could he possibly be a replacement for Hamer when he has played 2 games in central midfield in his entire career according to stats posted above?
Because I dont believe the stats are accurate, and I'm going off what his stats are and also the clips I've seen of him admittedly a short set of clips, but he appears to player deeper than a number ten, and plays similar types of passes to Hamer.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Grendel

He’s only started about 60 games

stupot07

Maybe that's why his stats are "average". If he been playing more deep in a central pairing, then his attacking stats may not appear great. If MR is signing him as a 10 or CAM, he'll have more license to improve those stats with us.
Very true, but you would think number 10s /CAMs are like goal dust, so if he was exceptional in that position he would he played there rather than out of position?

In the championship

16/17 24 apps 4 goals
17/18 15 apps 2 goals
18/19 29 apps 3 goals
19/20 25 apps 1 goal
20/21 35 apps 3 goals
21/22 6 apps 1 goal

That worries me for a a number 10 in a midfield that already doesn't chip in with enough goals.

Last edited:

Cavan O'Doherty

Is it really too much to ask to give him 10 games before you start to judge him? I don’t really know what people are expecting, the fact that there were 3 other championship teams interested in him shows you he must have something about him. Is he an upgrade on Allen, from what I’ve seen of him most definitely. We’ve signed a player for free who was worth £3.5 million 2 seasons ago, I trust Robins and Viveash to get the best out of him just like they have with countless others.

long way home

Like me , most will not of seen him play, so to judge him is difficult. What i have seen from the clips you find is he looks a decent ball player as well as an athlete. He will challenge Allen, Sheaf and Kelly for a starting spot and i would say he is going to be an improvement on what we have let go in midfield area.

Lets see him play, see if he settles into the system and hope AV has influence enough to get his career going in the right direction. I understand the signing and think given a good positive environment with familiar faces around him, we could get the player most know is in there. All signings are gambles, but lets give him tome to get his legs.

Last edited:

rexo87

There’s a general view he preferred to stay and not play to collect his wages

Yes and given he was on around a million a year I think most of us would have done the same. However he’s now received an offer at much less money than he’s on and is now moving

edgy

Very true, but you would think number 10s /CAMs are like goal dust, so if he was exceptional in that position he would he played there rather than out of position?

In the championship

17/18 15 apps 2 goals
18/19 29 apps 3 goals
19/20 25 apps 1 goal
20/21 35 apps 3 goals
21/22 6 apps 1 goal

That worries me for a a number 10 in a midfield that already doesn't chip in with enough goals.

Do we know if he ever played as a 10 or CAM for Bristol? You've said yourself and it does look like he's been played deeper.

Maybe Bristol dont play with 10s or CAM. Just 2 central midfielders? So they've tried to squeeze him into a formation that doesn't work for him.

SlowerThanPlatt

Ideally sell them both but a loan is more likely with the wages they are on
The problem with getting the striker are the clauses the parent company wish to put in
With 5 strikers already on the books we need to shift some or have something in the pipeline before committing to clauses

Hmm, guess they want him to be involved in a certain amount of games?

Skybluebeliever

Still in the balance with JCS? Andy Turner's article yesterday read to me like the club seem confident.
Think MR would be very keen on JCS , it looked unlikely but a few things have changed
They have 2/3 options on CB also unsure if Fadz will commit as he wants an improved contract
A lot on holiday at the moment and return this week so could see developments next week

stupot07

Maybe Bristol dont play with 10s or CAM. Just 2 central midfielders? So they've tried to squeeze him into a formation that doesn't work for him.
And Blackburn, Derby, Swansea and huddlesfield? Those stats were across all those clubs. I honestly don't remember seeing him play so I'm not entirely sure. I wouldn't believe transfermarkt stats particularly.

CCFCSteve

Think MR would be very keen on JCS , it looked unlikely but a few things have changed
They have 2/3 options on CB also unsure if Fadz will commit as he wants an improved contract
A lot on holiday at the moment and return this week so could see developments next week

JCS would be top of my list of potential signings assuming we kept big three (unlikely I now). No issue with Palmer signing, could be useful

SlowerThanPlatt

And Blackburn, Derby, Swansea and huddlesfield? Those stats were across all those clubs. I honestly don't remember seeing him play so I'm not entirely sure. I wouldn't believe transfermarkt stats particularly.

He came on as a sub when we beat Bristol City 3-1 at St Andrews. Was unused sub when we came back to beat them 3-2 at Ricoh

Users who are viewing this thread