Transfer Shouts (7 Viewers)

mark82

I dont think he even started a game for them last season. His season by season stats are very average if he's a number 10. Looks more of a replacement for hamer.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You could probably say the same of O'Hare's stats. Let's give him a chance.

CovLad94

I don't read into stats etc means nothing, he's coming into a different environment, positive football and a manager that won't restrict him from expressing himself on the pitch, could be the fresh start he needs.

Saddlebrains

Who is kicking off?

Being better than Shipley or Jones isn’t the yardstick for a successful signing. If we’re paying him anything close to what he’s getting at Bristol, and he then performs to a similar level then this would be a disastrous signing. We have to hope history doesn’t repeat itself here.

Well you are for a start

Is it an improvement on them yes or no?

And if anyone really thinks hes on the money he was on at Bristol youre having a laugh

Will be around the 10k mark, the working under Viveash thing was the biggest driver to get things back on track

edgy

Is he actually a number 10? He doesn't look it from the clips I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Maybe that's why his stats are "average". If he been playing more deep in a central pairing, then his attacking stats may not appear great. If MR is signing him as a 10 or CAM, he'll have more license to improve those stats with us.

SBT

Well you are for a start

Is it an improvement on them yes or no?

And if anyone really thinks hes on the money he was on at Bristol youre having a laugh

Will be around the 10k mark, the working under Viveash thing was the biggest driver to get things back on track

Was Waghorn a good signing last year then? He was better than Biamou after all, and only on around 10k a week.

You have a funny definition of kicking off.

djr8369

Being better than Shipley or Jones isn’t the yardstick for a successful signing.

Maybe not but it’s certainly the first hurdle as they are who we are replacing and anyone better improves the squad.

Totally understand why people are being cautious though.

Saddlebrains

Was Waghorn a good signing last year then? He was better than Biamou after all, and only on around 10k a week.

You have a funny definition of kicking off.

Alright not kicking off, crying is probably a better description

Who did you want in that role btw?

Gibbo

If Palmer is a target, it would appear our last three acquisitions have been Kane, Bidwell and Palmer. The theme appears to be players of Championship clubs, deemed as surplus or under-performing by their existing club.

This is a change from previously, so when we acquired MacF, Allen, Marosi or Kelly, their current club wanted them to stay. They were not rejects, they came ready-made to the required level of ability

Not sure about this policy, it assumes we can find in mature players a quality the other clubs have not. Vik or Hyam are different, they were young. These are mature players.

SlowerThanPlatt

If Palmer is a target, it would appear our last three acquisitions have been Kane, Bidwell and Palmer. The theme appears to be players of Championship clubs, deemed as surplus or under-performing by their existing club.

This is a change from previously, so when we acquired MacF, Allen, Marosi or Kelly, their current club wanted them to stay. They were not rejects, they came ready-made to the required level of ability

Not sure about this

In League 1 we were one of the bigger clubs, Championship we’re small fry in terms of budget so we’re not really going to be taking other clubs players they want to keep

Matt smith

Not sure about this policy, it assumes we can find in mature players a quality the other clubs have not. Vik or Hyam are different, they were young. These are mature players.
i agree with this I don’t like when we sign experienced championship players that teams don’t want.

preferred the younger and the potential to be very good signings.

waghorn Kane both prime examples of this

SBT

Got heavy Bright vibes from this. Can only pray he’s on sensible wages but after the rumours about our other contracts I’m not convinced of that either.

Could be amazing, but definitely a wait and see signing.

This is a much bigger gamble than Bright. He was a cheap roll of the dice from East Bengal who predictably didn’t work out, and likely cost us very little. Palmer could well be our highest paid player for many years.

Sky Blue Pete

Maybe they did,

I just think who are our best players?

young players who we took a calculated risk with and are now worth million miles more money.

vik
Sheaf
Gus
COH

Even players like Dom to a degree
Kane may have ultimately proved not to be a brilliant signing but he was absolutely fine as cover for Dabo!
Palmer is not Waghorn he’s younger and has more potential. Waghorn just didn’t work out

SlowerThanPlatt

Maybe they did,

I just think who are our best players?

young players who we took a calculated risk with and are now worth million miles more money.

vik
Sheaf
Gus
COH

Even players like Dom to a degree

True but seems we don’t have money to pay fees unless we sell someone for a big fee

Jamesimus

Could be good alongside COH if he plays. Looks like he has the flair and ability to make those final ball / threaded passes. I think if he can do that, then his assumed lack of work-rate can be forgiven due to the other forward players in our team.

Can't really look into his stats when he hasn't really had a look in, but obviously his lack of game time is the worry.

I have no idea how this signing is going to pan out. But neither do any of you so there...

Yorkshire SB

Ultimately to compete and step on we have to be clever, and take calculated risks. He's got pedigree and proven ability, but his career has taken a dip and he's not played enough football.

Bottom line is, he's a good age, not had any major injuries, and should be an upgrade on what we've got. There's plenty of players who've been in this position but turned their careers around.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Kane may have ultimately proved not to be a brilliant signing but he was absolutely fine as cover for Dabo!
Palmer is not Waghorn he’s younger and has more potential. Waghorn just didn’t work out

Posters are placing too much onus on the Kane signing.

He was brought in on a medium-term contract to simply fill a role, which he did. He wasn't a failure, he just didn't excel - but then again when has he ever in the Championship.

Waghorn didn't work out due to injuries and Godden/Vik surpassing expectations. In the early stages of the season he showed promise.

Regardless, both signings are poor evidence to support the notion that Palmer is going to be a crap signing.

Torquay Sky Blue

My Bristol City supporting mate just informed me he can thread a pass if strikers are making runs but he won't chase back (hence why Pearson doesn't want him) also on big wages apparently but who knows

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What did you expect? He’s coming in as cover for ohare on a free and I’d imagine relatively small wages, It’s about the best we can get.

I'm afraid I disagree. We have an AM with poor stats when it comes to goals and assists, and I would imagine a good chunk of budget is going on this guy, who also has poor stats. Of course I hope it works out, but I am afraid I am more skeptical than excited about this looking at it face value. Sorry to disappoint you, but it is just how I feel.

SBT

Alright not kicking off, crying is probably a better description

Who did you want in that role btw?

If it’s going to be someone who is one of our highest earners, we should ideally be trying to avoid players with a history of not properly applying themselves. We don’t have the money to spend on players who won’t contribute every week.

I don’t think crying is a better description. Only one person seems to be getting upset by comments in here!

Sky Blue Harry H

Very much doubt it, Bristol are desperate to get rid they will be contributing I’d imagine.

If he was on 20k a week, that's £1m a year. if Bristol paid half, that's still 500k a year to us in wages.

Edit: f it's a 3 year deal. they will only support for one year. I'd presume his wages would then drop after the first year? No idea - just guessing.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Very much doubt it, Bristol are desperate to get rid they will be contributing I’d imagine.

Yeah I'd imagine they likely agreed a settlement whereby they'll pay the difference between his current contract here and his former contract until it expires next year.

He'll still be one of our highest earners though.

Users who are viewing this thread