Transfer Shouts (7 Viewers)

Grendel

Did they? Oh I missed that do you mind linking the post for me please

Had a shocker again today apparently - some people said he played well against Bristol city but defensively he’s a disaster and like an 18 year old Tavares

Winny the Bish

Mike McGrath from the Telegraph reporting we agreed a deal for a German centre back but couldn't agree a work permit...

Apparently we've been waiting to announce Rente since Sunday. Everything agreed and press releases made. But because Heracles were relegated to the 2nd divsion for this season, it seems that counts against him for the Work Permit.

Frostie

Does this mean the deal’s off?

Yeah. Only gets 10 points on the GBE calculation now, needs 15 to get a permit.
As alluded to in that tweet the system is an arse. He would have qualified last season because he was playing in the Eredivisie but because Heracles got relegated the points earned in the lower division are significantly less.

The Justin Kluivert example is ridiculous, he belongs to Roma but spent last season on loan at Nice. Because he's now back at Roma & hasn't made a first team appearance for them, his Nice minutes aren't given significant weight to have him qualify.

Frostie

Maybe I’m being naive here but if you a fan knows this why did we try and pursue him then? Are there certain cases where exceptions can be made?

You can ask for an exception yes & we were probably expecting there would be some flexibility in the system given the circumstances as Fulham obviously did too with Kluivert but it appears common sense is not all that common.

No doubt when he was identified by the recruitment team he would have qualified but due to timings the goalposts have since shifted & the powers that be are showing no signs of compromise with the appeals etc.

This thread is an interesting read:

Dec-ccfc

No chance of an appeal? How on earth does a points system effect professional football?

everyday we stray further and further from Jesus hahaha

wingy

Yeah. Only gets 10 points on the GBE calculation now, needs 15 to get a permit.
As alluded to in that tweet the system is an arse. He would have qualified last season because he was playing in the Eredivisie but because Heracles got relegated the points earned in the lower division are significantly less.

The Justin Kluivert example is ridiculous, he belongs to Roma but spent last season on loan at Nice. Because he's now back at Roma & hasn't made a first team appearance for them, his Nice minutes aren't given significant weight to have him qualify.
Could we do a Robert Jarni style deal?

Samo

What's everyone expecting from the last day of the deadline? Hyams replacement in, Gyokeres to go and someone in to replace him

Hyam replacement, Adaramola replacement and a midfielder.
Kane and Walker out.

ceetee

Hyam replacement, Adaramola replacement and a midfielder.
Kane and Walker out.
What has Walker achieved to attract interest from another club other than a cheap lower league loan which wouldn't save very much?

And if Kanes problem is attitude/ behavioural rather than ability he will have been exiled by two clubs in a row so who else would take the risk other than ...as above

KenilworthSkyBlue

What has Walker achieved to attract interest from another club other than a cheap lower league loan which wouldn't save very much?

And if Kanes problem is attitude/ behavioural rather than ability he will have been exiled by two clubs in a row so who else would take the risk other than ...as above

I'd imagine Walker will probably go. At this stage any saving is a bonus, even if it means the club are forced to shoulder the majority of his contract - which previously they've apparently been unwilling to do. Equally, regardless of his calamitous stint at Portsmouth he still has a reasonable record in both L1/L2.

Offloading Kane might be more tricky. Off the field issues aside he's only just returned to light training I believe following his surgery. I presume it'll take a number of weeks for him to get match fit which will likely put suitors off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread