Transfer Shouts (9 Viewers)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I would argue that those posters were wrong and we had nowhere near a top 6 squad, and that peoples judgment was clouded by the start to last season. We’ve been in dreadful form for a while now and have made an already weak defence worse.
I completely agree, I didn't think it was ever a top 6 squad. Far from it. But I guess what I am trying to say is, things aren't as rosy as the most optimistic fans suggested, and they're not as bad (squad wise) as some of the more negative posters would suggest. We have a squad that is easily capable of staying in this division at a minimum.

Grendel

I completely agree, I didn't think it was ever a top 6 squad. Far from it. But I guess what I am trying to say is, things aren't as rosy as the most optimistic fans suggested, and they're not as bad (squad wise) as some of the more negative posters would suggest. We have a squad that is easily capable of staying in this division at a minimum.

Our form since last October suggests we are a bottom 6 team

ceetee

I wouldn't get rid of Kane.

I don't think a lower league club would cover his wages and my confidence in Dabo is at an all time low

rexo87

Why do you have to take on a man to be a wing-back? Bidwell was very effective last night & has had a solid start to the season.
It's not just Bidwell it's the complete lack of pace throughout the side. Bidwell does get in some good positions going forward with clever play and if we had a good wing back the other side then it might not be as much of a problem. Just think we are far too one dimensional with Bidwell compared to Maatsen last season.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Name 3 worse squads

SeaSeeEffCee

I agree that we have a squad capable of staying up, I predicted us to finish midtable prior to kick-off, but being three games behind is really going to hurt us. We aren’t playing our games in hand until November at the earliest and we have a brutal run coming up. We’re most likely going to be rooted to the bottom of the league for a while now, and that won’t do anything for our already fragile confidence.

Frostie

It's not just Bidwell it's the complete lack of pace throughout the side. Bidwell does get in some good positions going forward with clever play and if we had a good wing back the other side then it might not be as much of a problem. Just think we are far too one dimensional with Bidwell compared to Maatsen last season.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Fair. I think MR's plan was to have 2 types for the wing-back roles, solid & steady Eddie's who can offer good delivery (Bidwell & Kane) vs more pacy, dynamic attacking types (Dabo & Maatsen/Adaramola) which gives good balance & allows you to select personnel accordingly or change on the fly.
The fact is though, Kane & Adaramola are not making the squad so options are limited.

Grendel

Fair. I think MR's plan was to have 2 types for the wing-back roles, solid & steady Eddie's who can offer good delivery (Bidwell & Kane) vs more pacy, dynamic attacking types (Dabo & Maatsen/Adaramola) which gives good balance & allows you to select personnel accordingly or change on the fly.
The fact is though, Kane & Adaramola are not making the squad so options are limited.

Is Dabo pacy?

Brighton Sky Blue

Kane should probably be welcomed back

Grendel

Not especially, more dynamic and good acceleration though & will attempt to get beyond his man.

His defending is below standard

Frostie

He gets into forward positions in the box as well. Could have scored in the last two games. He’s an upgrade on Maatsen - it’s Dabo that’s really looking unable to make it as a championship wing back consistently

Agreed. Seems to take Dabo a run of 4-5 games before we see the best of him & then there's some enforced break & he's back to square one again. Really needs to find some consistency.

chinamans view

Bidwell has been our most dynamic player this year. The only player really making any sort of movement off the ball last night. Quite worrying really. But fair play to him. He's been good this year so far.
More like the team have dropped to his standard this season,,,, watch him very closely he fouls every single time he marks a man without fail. i think he is one of our worse signings

Greggs

I'm guessing at a cheap obscure signing from abroad. 200k ish is the maximum we can afford. Dutch or German.

Samo

...Clarke-Salter, Maatsen, (OHare)

I think Panzo and Doyle will turn out to be better than Clarke-Salter and will be available more often. I was never that thrilled with Maatsen. And O'hare is still here as far as I know.

Frostie

I think Panzo and Doyle will turn out to be better than Clarke-Salter and will be available more often. I was never that thrilled with Maatsen. And O'hare is still here as far as I know.

Clarke-Salter is very good & a bit more consistent at this stage but his injury record was always going to be a concern.

You can see Panzo has quality but he's pretty raw & positionally all over the shop at times. Doyle is excellent in possession, I wonder if he may struggle with the physicality in some games though.

Nick

Administrator
Clarke-Salter is very good & a bit more consistent at this stage but his injury record was always going to be a concern.

You can see Panzo has quality but he's pretty raw & positionally all over the shop at times. Doyle is excellent in possession, I wonder if he may struggle with the physicality in some games though.

Clarke Salter had some good games, he had some very poor ones and missed a lot through injury.

It's only since he signed for QPR he became amazing.

Frostie

Clarke Salter had some good games, he had some very poor ones and missed a lot through injury.

It's only since he signed for QPR he became amazing.

Don't disagree that he had some poor games but doesn't everyone?
Disagree on the QPR thing though, I've always rated him & said as much before we signed him. I would like to have got him permanently (as would Robins) not least to have a permanent LCB for the first time, but his injuries may mean we've dodged a bullet, only time will tell on that.

robbiethemole

Harvey Vale gone to Hull, along with three other decent looking signings.
How the fuck did Hull get to be more attractive to players than us?
oh yeah, all the bollocks off-field and no money for wages.
But I mean, fucking Hull!!

Sky Blue Pete

Harvey Vale gone to Hull, along with three other decent looking signings.
How the fuck did Hull get to be more attractive to players than us?
oh yeah, all the bollocks off-field and no money for wages.
But I mean, fucking Hull!!
More massive investment and money from an owner that doesn’t want it back

Grendel

More massive investment and money from an owner that doesn’t want it back

They sold Lewis Potter for £17m and are using all the funds to sign players

Users who are viewing this thread